Portofino question

ProvidencePete

Earning My Ears
Hey, I'm going to be staying in the Portofino Jan. 28 to the 31st. Has anybody that stayed there have any tips that can help me. Little things like which is the best building, or what restaraunts to eat at and which ones to avoid. We stayed at the Hard Rock in February and loved it. We chose Portofino this time to try something different. My family loves Universal and they are really looking forward to the second half of our trip (first half in Disney). We requested a bay room thinking that with our Lowes gold, we can get bumped up to a preferred. Has this happened to anyone? Thanks.

I liked the Bay View better than Deluxe which are on the Villa wing and can be remote. Deluxe has a bigger bathroom with seperate tub and shower and a shutter window over the bath.

Since you have a bay view booked I would suggest putting in a request for the west wing. It will save you a lot of walking to the water taxi and the pools. Mama Dellas is a great place for dinner. The food and atmosphere are great! I have been upgraded with loews first from a garden view to a deluxe and from a bay view to a deluxe. Like Motherfletcher said, The deluxe rooms are larger with a huge bathroom. The only downfall is that the deluxe rooms are in the villa wing which is kind of remote. I prefer the bay view rooms in the west wing because of location and the beautiful view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter