Portofino - "VIP Services" E-mail

SuperJ

Not born, but mostly raised in Disney
Question about the check-in e-mail I just got from Portofino.

Our stay is a little over a week away and today I got the "we're welcoming you soon" e-mail. After the little welcome message, it says "prior to your arrival, please do not hesitate to reach out to our VIP team directly" and then lists direct phone numbers and e-mail addresses for a "VIP manager" and "VIP coordinator" and said to let them know estimated time of arrival, guest names, and any other pertinent info, like allergy info or requests.

I'm used to getting the check-in e-mails, of course, but they always just have a link or instructions on how to do mobile check-in. I've never seen anything that says "VIP" or says to reach out to specific people? Is this just how the e-mails for this hotel are? Or is it possible they may have given me an upgrade of some sort?

Background: We go at least once a year but, primarily for budget reasons, we stay at Sapphire (cheapest dog-friendly hotel) and, if we can afford it, do one night at Royal for the EPs. We also have APs (cheaper to time it so we get at least two uses out of an AP than buy two sets of tickets) so we always use the AP discount when available. I've never stayed at Portofino before, but we unexpectedly have an extra night in Orlando so I decided to treat myself and do a one night stay. Booked a standard room using the AP discount, so this wouldn't be because I booked club level or a suite or anything like that.

We got the same email with phone numbers and all the two times we’ve stayed recently. They should also give you a card when you check in with pertinent numbers for your stay. We ended up having to leave early on our last trip, so the direct number to text came in really handy when I was trying to pack things up to head home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter