• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Portoventura in Spain

GarryK

Mouseketeer
More do to with Universal but as it's in Spain thought I'd get more from the UK DIS than the Universal Orlando posts.

Still 48 weeks to go until we go back to Orlando so have arranged a week in Salou next week - which will include a couple of days at the Universal Mediterraneo.

Does anyone have any tips ? Must do rides or shows ? Quiet or busy days ? Anything really.

Garry

Hi Garry,
Our eldest DD and her Family have just had a day there on their way back to Lanzarote where they are living.
She said the Park was brilliant.
Tickets & food cheaper than Orlando.
Water Park right next door-if you wait until after 2pm it is just a few euros to go in.
You can also buy a 15 day ticket which includes 1 waterpark day for less than £100.
Divided into 5 differently themed areas, main rides have fast pass.
3 different coasters & a log flume.
Firework display at Midnight.
Sounds great!
Carol:cool:

Hello Gary

I have returned recently from staying at the Port Aventura Hotel.

The park fares very favourably with all Florida theme parks. personally, I would liken it to Busch Gardens, but without the animals !

There are 5 main areas - the Far West, Mexico, China, Polynesia and Mediterania.

Mediterania is just the entrance into the park with no rides.

Far West consists of log flume, Rapids (both very good) and Stamoida, an old fashioned wooden roller coaster.

The main features in Mexico are Tempo del Fuego and a runaway train.

China consists of Dragon Khan, an 8 loop roller coaster. I would compare it to Kraken in Sea World, though not quite as good.

In Polynesia there is another water ride similar to Tanginki Tidal wave at Busch - very wet

The park also caters VERY well for children, with rides in all areas.

Please feel free to mail me for further info !!!

Thanks to all that replied.

This was a great diversion for a couple of days - combining a short flight to Spain with a Florida-type theme park !

Great value as well because Airtours gave us (2 Ad and 2 kids) a free one-day ticket which we upgraded in the park to next-day tickets combining Port Aventura with the waterpark for 55 Euros (£36) in total.

All the rides mentioned were great and there were loads of smaller ones for my youngest (although she also did everything bar Dragon Khan - too small). Also got soaked on Tutuki Splash when least expecting it but that was great fun.

Only drawback was language - but that's our fault for not learning Spanish ! Templo de Fiego appeared excellent but would hav been even more enjoyable in English.

Tried La Hacienda but closed - only 2 of the restaurants were open. Got one in the Wild West area and it was excellent value - much cheaper than in Florida.

Garry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter