Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

My rescheduled flight for today was also canceled. It was a 7 am flight we got notification yesterday at 5:00. I wish they would’ve notified us that early the first time I got canceled bc I’d be in FL right now. We have been loyal SW customers for almost 20 years. I’ve never had a canceled flight. My DH is A-list and we almost always fly on points. I don’t think I’ll be flying with them for much longer. Unfortunately I now have these credits that I need to use. I hope they figure this out by next month when we try again. I had to cancel my long weekend. I’m so pissed!! As a pp said I wish they would just be honest with customers we all know it’s not weather.

Approximately 50% of Southwest’s MCO departures through this evening currently show being cancelled. If the cancellation pattern of the past few days continues today, that number likely will increase. Customers continue to complain of being notified that their flights are cancelled as late as while they are actually at the airport, waiting to board.

This no longer is an industry wide issue, as all other airlines have returned to normal operations.

If you are scheduled to fly Southwest over the next few days, and just not to/from MCO, try to have a back-up plan. Southwest has not publicly been offering to cover hotel or car rental expense, related to cancellations. Neither will they pay to switch you to another airline.

Hopefully, Southwest will be able to recover to normal operations, in the upcoming days. I’m afraid customers soon will rename the airline “Southworst.”

I fly on Tuesday morning. I’m checking my flight obsessively right now. So far, it’s still on, but who knows? I just hope they get this all settled by then.

I fly on Tuesday morning. I’m checking my flight obsessively right now. So far, it’s still on, but who knows? I just hope they get this all settled by then.
same. I may have to change to a different date.... I truly hope I find out before I head to the airport tho...

With all the changes lately would I be better off with a late night, 9 pm departure to mco or 540 am the next day

I am truly terrified at this point. I can book refundable one-way fares on Delta for $700 but I have to upgrade to Comfort to make sure I can sit with my daughter. That will just (hopefully) get me TO Orlando. Then, I have to worry about trying to get home. I would drive if I have to, but a rental car, if I could even get one, is another $800…plus gas…plus a hotel because I can’t drive 1300 miles without a nap. I booked my SWA flights with points so even if the flights are cancelled, I have $0 coming back to be to offset any costs.

My friend is going with me on this trip and she is flying on Delta to Orlando and American home so she doesn’t have any of these issues. Her expenses are all non-refundable and I certainly can’t abandon her so I HAVE to take this trip. The only non-refundable money I have invested at this point is our Boo-Bash tickets and the $209 I paid for one-time use points for our extra night at OKW. I stand to lose about 130 DVC points since they would go into holding and with a Feb UY, there is no way they would be used before Jan 31. I forgot about the fact that our park tickets are military tickets so I would lose the $700 I spent on those too because my friend has to travel with me to activate them. So I do have over $1000 to lose at this point too.

EDIT: I bit the bullet and spent ~$1400 to book (2) refundable tickets for myself and my daughter to get to and from Orlando ($750 on Delta to Orlando and $650 on American to get home). I am going to hope and pray that SWA gets this straightened out this week and they can start making more of their flights. I am glad that we are blessed enough to have the time and resources (thank God I work in EMS and OT is always available) to scrape together the money to make this happen. After vacation, I guess I have a few weeks of solid work to look forward to, but I guess that's what I have to do to make this happen.

Last edited:
We’re at MCO now. The SWA line is ridiculous. I called at 5 am and changed my Magical Express to 2 hours earlier. Our flight out is still showing on time but our connection is canceled. Even so, they won’t let us use the kiosk as part is canceled and we might miss our first flight.

I was notified that my flight was canceled Friday 30 minutes before my magical express pickup. I rescheduled to a direct flight that night and it was canceled 2 hours before departure. Rescheduled to Saturday evening- canceled Saturday morning. I would absolutely have a back up plan!!!

As horrible as the Southwest cancellations are for those impacted, I hope that customers can keep their cool and are trying to respectfully interact with the Southwest agents they come in contact with. Being belligerent will not help with a situation that those Southwest employees, personally, did not cause.

As horrible as the Southwest cancellations are for those impacted, I hope that customers can keep their cool and are trying to respectfully interact with the Southwest agents they come in contact with. Being belligerent will not help with a situation that those Southwest employees, personally, did not cause.
Such an important point to make! It's not the local employees fault this is happening. You can bet they don't want to see all the sad/disappointed faces....best work day ever....said no one!

My 6 am flight was canceled at 4 am. My friends flight was canceled last night both to Orlando. t I don’t know what is going on with SW but I don’t believe it’s weather. I wish they’d just tell you that they’re short staffed instead of making excuses.
if they would’ve just let us know last night we would’ve gotten in the car and drove down. Now I have to hope my flight won’t be canceled again tomorrow. If so we won’t be able to go.

I received a text message at 4:30 am that my 6:00 am non-stop flight on 9/23 from BWI-MCO was cancelled. The text message included a link to reschedule with no charge. I immediately used link which took me to southwest and all non-stop flights were shown as “unavailable” there were no flights at all shown as available before 4:00 pm. When I called recording said there was a 128 min wait to speak with agent. Then I went to regular SWA site and lo and behold there were several flight showing availability including a non-stop flight at 9:00 am; however I would have to pay a significant amount extra for the flight!!!!! I had driven into Baltimore to stay at an airport hotel the night before since I had such an early flight so I immediately left for the airport still holding my phone on hold with SWA..when I arrived there I waited in check-in line for 15 min before it was my turn only to be told I was in wrong line and needed to go to other end of terminal to the “Full Service counter”! After another 25 minutes in that line i still hadn’t reached an agent on the phone I told the agent at counter that I wanted to know why I could see availability on flights on regular site but nothing acceptable on the link I had been texted by SWA...the agent basically ignored my comment about being on phone for so long and the unavailability of flights to reschedule on line. He just asked where I was trying to go! Which since he knew my flight was cancelled he should have known where I was going...I told him I had seen there was a 9:00 am direct flight showing one available seat left which I assumed was no longer available
. Again he just ignored me and kept on typing away....then looked up and said “here’s your ticket” no explanation for anything...I looked at ticket and it was for the 9:00am flight. That flight ended up being delayed and instead of arriving at 8:20 it was 1:00 and then a long wait for baggage...flight was packed with every seat full and 2/3 flight attendants obviously unhappy....definitely an unpleasant experience from start to finish....2 of my last 4 flights have been cancelled and 2 were delayed....
I was definitely not belligerent!!!

Lsdolphin .Wow....that is an awful experience!
Yes it was an awful experience but I’ve seen several posts from people who were stranded at airport and had to wait til next day so I guess there will always be someone with a worse experience! Hopefully SWA can return to offering the great service they have in the past!
I certainly don’t envy those SWA people behind the check in counters!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter