Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Not sure if this is a special deal or a regular price as I haven't priced them regularly. If you are a Costco member, you can buy a $500 Southwest email gift card for $450. Limit of 5. Just a reminder that you can only use I think 3 forms of payment when booking a ticket.

We have a flight booked June 4 and my husband will get to Companion pass level probably in February with the cc bonus. Is it correct that we can cancel my flight and rebook it as a Companion? I assume I'd need to call to do this. I'm booked with 2 of my kids, and my husband is booked separately from us. Is that going to matter for them switching me to Companion?

We have a flight booked June 4 and my husband will get to Companion pass level probably in February with the cc bonus. Is it correct that we can cancel my flight and rebook it as a Companion? I assume I'd need to call to do this. I'm booked with 2 of my kids, and my husband is booked separately from us. Is that going to matter for them switching me to Companion?
It won't be a problem but yes you will need to call since you and your kids are on the same reservation. You will end up with 3 different reservation numbers - one for your husband, one for you, and one for your kids. If you purchase EBCI then checking in is done automatically, but if not, you'll need to check in both your husband and your kids. If you purchased a Wanna Get Away or Anytime fare you will be checked in automatically with your husband.

I don't have EBCI, but I bought on points + the $5.60 fee. So will they just cancel my flight and refund everything for my ticket?

I don't have EBCI, but I bought on points + the $5.60 fee. So will they just cancel my flight and refund everything for my ticket?
They will put the points back in your account. The companion ticket requires the same $5.60 in taxes though, so you can either get the $5.60 refunded and then pay it again, which is the best option if you want to be sure you can refund the $5.60 if you end up canceling the flight in the future. Or the simpler method is you can take the $5.60 as Travel Funds and then pay for the taxes for the companion ticket with the Travel Funds - they will do that for you when you call.

ICYMI: Here's your friendly reminder that Southwest Airlines next schedule release is expected to occur THIS THURSDAY December 16th. For those planning to snag flights, set those calendar reminders so you don't forget! I'll post additional reminders as the date draws nearer. If this seems quick, that's because it is! In an odd move, Southwest is doing 2 schedule extensions in the same month roughly just 1 week apart.

- Currently SW is offering flights through 6/4/22 and this next release will take their schedule out to 9/5/22. This will likely be a popular extension covering all of summer!

For those that care about "release timing" it can vary, but here are the recent "go live" of previous releases:

Release Date | Time (eastern)
12/08/21 | 6:45am
06/10/21 | 7:15am
04/01/21 | 9:10am
12/10/20 | 7:15am
08/13/20 | 9:15am

WOW!! Thanks for posting this! So much for my, 'I have time to save and see where things are at' before purchasing our Aug flights. Here's hoping I have enough points to use. We've cancelled so many flights that I hate to spend $$ that I might lose if we don't travel.

Depending on the ages of the kids it might make more sense to have one of the kids as the companion than you. By splitting the reservations this way you may get a hassle about the kids being by themselves on one PNR. Any IRROPS and that could be an issue. This would also ensure that one of you is boarding with each kid.

Thanks for the advice but my "kids" are adults, so no need to make special arrangements for them. :)

Transferring UR to RR is instantaneous, correct?

Unsure what the cost/points will be when they release the rest of June this week, but might choose to top off my RRs to cover the tickets I need. Obviously don't want to make that transfer until I know what I'm going to need.

Transferring UR to RR is instantaneous, correct?

Unsure what the cost/points will be when they release the rest of June this week, but might choose to top off my RRs to cover the tickets I need. Obviously don't want to make that transfer until I know what I'm going to need.
Usually yes, I have had it take up to 24 hours.

Good morning SW. If you could please release the fares before I have to teach 1st period at 8:05am that would be awesome thanks.

Sincerely,
A High School teacher only 2 days away from Christmas break who really needs an easy SW release today.
they are loaded but expensive for my dates!

Same, SUPER high out of PVD. $418RT June 24-July 2

I booked 4 on points and 1 using a Luv voucher and cash. June is a long way off, will monitor for drops.

Last edited:
Same, SUPER high out of PVD. $418RT June 25-July 2

I booked 4 on points and 1 using a Luv voucher and cash. June is a long way off, will monitor for drops.
Pvd for me as well. Also the first direct flight wasn't until 10:45. Much later than I've ever booked.

I didn't even get to the final pts/cost because the itinerary I need (RDU -> BZN) has ONLY 2 stop options. Very different choices than may/early june.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter