Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

We did curbside 2 weeks ago after walking in to long lines. 3 or 4 people ahead of us.

Coincidence it was announced the same day as the Jet Blue/ Spirit merger? -;)
We went a year ago and thought we'd die seeing the 7 million people ahead of us. A SW person had pity on us and sent us to upgraded checkin. This past April we saw the curb side at MCO and danced all the way over to the line of one.

We had decided about 8 years ago, curbside is the best think since slice bread.

I am going to purchase some tickets for my son and daughter in law to be for travel in the fall. They will be married when they travel and she will have her married name on her ID assume. Do I just call to adjust the name to her married name?

Thanks
If you’re certain she will have her new ID by then, why don’t you just book it now in her new name?

Anyone ever experience EBCI purchased at the same time but I got B26, 31,37 for today's flight. I've never had them be out of order in the past. Seem weird?
Yeah it can happen.

Couple of things to clear up:

Are all these the same fare class?
Are all these the same reservation?
Is anyone A-List?

Anyone ever experience EBCI purchased at the same time but I got B26, 31,37 for today's flight. I've never had them be out of order in the past. Seem weird?

Yes we have been out of order before. When my daughter was little whoever was in the first position moved back to board together at the later boarding position. Now that she is older we just board in whatever position we get. It has happened a number of times. Once I had A60 and she had B 5 or something. That was annoying. I said see ya later and boarded with my number. She was able to sit beside me after family boarding. She was around 15-16 years old at the time so not child abandonment lol

That’s for the priority card, right? I’ve been wanting to take advantage of this but we usually get a good a-list position
Yeah looking at it it's that one and the Business Performance that get it up to 4

We personally have the Premier one which does not qualify for that however it does qualify for 2 EBCI. We used that benefit for me for our May 2022 Orlando flights since I was on a separate reservation than my husband who had the A-list.

Yeah looking at it it's that one and the Business Performance that get it up to 4

We personally have the Premier one which does not qualify for that however it does qualify for 2 EBCI. We used that benefit for me for our May 2022 Orlando flights since I was on a separate reservation than my husband who had the A-list.
Thanks! Do you know if the benefit to upgrade at the gate is per calendar year or anniversary year?

Anniversary year. You can look up the reward benefits on the Chase site and it will let you how many are left and when they reset
Speaking of the upgrade at the gate. I thought I saw as part of their changes including WGA+ they were adding the ability to upgrade the day of, instead of having to wait to get to the gate. Did I make that up in my head?

Speaking of the upgrade at the gate. I thought I saw as part of their changes including WGA+ they were adding the ability to upgrade the day of, instead of having to wait to get to the gate. Did I make that up in my head?

You can upgrade your ticket anytime of course, but you’ll pay the full business select fare. For the $30-45 upgrade fee, it’s still at the gate or ticket counter. From the website:

B80931D4-6337-4E76-B2A6-BC252C3C9A82.png

For those NH-MA-VT-ME MHT-MCO travelers:

We switched our MHT-MCO over the weekend to MHT-TPA for November flights (I have to admit, it was DH's genius idea). The flights aren't any better with few non-stops however the points per flight are way cheaper. I was able to switch us over to similar times (two round trips) and got over 25,000 points back! Cha-ching!

Cars are cheaper too...is this a sign of a slowing economy hitting TPA first? I was able to get a 20 night Luxury SUV (we will have guests) from Alamo through AP discounts for $1577 including taxes and fees.

Happy travels! :car:

EDIT (8/25): I've changed cars a few times since and prices are going down

Last edited:
DH is in charge of all the minutiae regarding our flights so I just scan these boards to give him a heads up as needed. He wanted me to let you all know he saved 18k points today on previously booked flights on some 30% off sale today. I hadn’t seen it posted yet today.

Last edited:
I know it's pretty standard now for SWA, but we just got a flight change notification for our connecting flight in BWI to MCO for December. Nothing too drastic but changes are happening. Just wanted to give folks a heads up to check their itineraries.

I know it's pretty standard now for SWA, but we just got a flight change notification for our connecting flight in BWI to MCO for December. Nothing too drastic but changes are happening. Just wanted to give folks a heads up to check their itineraries.
I'm wondering how soon flight changes will occur for the Jan-Mar 2023 flights since they're already playing with the December schedule.

Now that flight credits don't expire, I find myself going in far more often to see if things have changed. Saved money today on 2 flights we're taking in less than 2 weeks. :D
Agreed! For whatever reason, my 9/4 flight keeps going down after weeks of being steady/higher than opening day. I'm on my third round of changing to capture more of the travel funds back.

We have a ton of points to use, but I saw somewhere (upthread here? credit card thread?) that you can use these funds for taxes and fees, too. Definitely going to take advantage of that for our Spring Break 2023 travel.

I'm wondering how soon flight changes will occur for the Jan-Mar 2023 flights since they're already playing with the December schedule.

I got a change notice this morning for my flight on 1/4. Thankfully, the change was small (about an extra half hour to my layover at BWI).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter