Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Has anyone else noticed that the points from your Southwest Credit card are not posting to the Rapid reward account? Mine have always been there the next day. Statement dated on 7-12 and points are still not there. I have been emailing Chase and they are no help, This is the response I received.

After further review of the above account, it reflects all earned points have transferred to your Rapid Rewardsaccount xxxxxxxxxx. Although points may post right afterthe statement closing date, we have to allow u to 30 daysfor the points to post. Regretfully, we are unable to expedite the process. If after the 30 days has past and the points haven't posted, please reply back to thise-mail to allow for further review.

Does anyone have the higher level of customer service telephone for Southwest. Seems like it may be on their end,

Thanks
Yes, I noticed that as well! I tried contacting SW yesterday and they told me it was a Chase issue. I haven't called Chase yet, though. Very odd because it's always in my account like clockwork and now it's over a week late!

Has anyone else noticed that the points from your Southwest Credit card are not posting to the Rapid reward account? Mine have always been there the next day. Statement dated on 7-12 and points are still not there. I have been emailing Chase and they are no help, This is the response I received.

After further review of the above account, it reflects all earned points have transferred to your Rapid Rewardsaccount xxxxxxxxxx. Although points may post right afterthe statement closing date, we have to allow u to 30 daysfor the points to post. Regretfully, we are unable to expedite the process. If after the 30 days has past and the points haven't posted, please reply back to thise-mail to allow for further review.

Does anyone have the higher level of customer service telephone for Southwest. Seems like it may be on their end,

Thanks

My statement for July hasn’t closed yet, but I had a promo for 20% bonus for March- June that I haven’t noticed any extra points posted for. I’m positive I registered for it but have no screen shot or other proof I did.

My statement for July hasn’t closed yet, but I had a promo for 20% bonus for March- June that I haven’t noticed any extra points posted for. I’m positive I registered for it but have no screen shot or other proof I did.
Is it listed on your SW account (on sw.com)? Sometimes my promos are listed there, though it's hard to keep track of what is Southwest and what is Chase. I do find it frustrating that I don't always have 'evidence' of the Chase promotions I opt into. If I got an email offer I save the offer so I can reference back what I signed up for/what I need to do, but I've had them come through the Southwest website and then there's no real confirmation.

Is it listed on your SW account (on sw.com)? Sometimes my promos are listed there, though it's hard to keep track of what is Southwest and what is Chase. I do find it frustrating that I don't always have 'evidence' of the Chase promotions I opt into. If I got an email offer I save the offer so I can reference back what I signed up for/what I need to do, but I've had them come through the Southwest website and then there's no real confirmation.

It was there, but it’s expired so no longer showing. I have a screen shot of the promo, but nothing to show I “registered” for it.

I think I registered for a bonus points offer by using my priority card. I have no record. Does anyone else know what exactly it was? I think it runs through August and I’ve been using my card to purchase tix rather than my TF so I can get closer to a CP…

I think I registered for a bonus points offer by using my priority card. I have no record. Does anyone else know what exactly it was? I think it runs through August and I’ve been using my card to purchase tix rather than my TF so I can get closer to a CP…
25% bonus on points earned 7/1-9/30. If you have the southwest app, you can see the promos there. Most I don’t think are that good though. There’s a couple where you enter to win and I think you basically give them your RR number and agree to receive emails.

25% bonus on points earned 7/1-9/30. If you have the southwest app, you can see the promos there. Most I don’t think are that good though. There’s a couple where you enter to win and I think you basically give them your RR number and agree to receive emails.
My points were deposited yesterday, and I believe my statement closed on the 24th so my account seems to be unaffected.

I remember there was a 25% bonus promo offer that I received, but I had to spend $8000 to receive it :eek: . I don't use my SW Visa that much so I only put $1000-$1500/month on it. There was no way I was going to spend $8K over 4 months. I always sign up for those bonuses, but there always seems to be a minimum spend threshold that I never reach.

Last edited:
Interesting DP on SW sale today.

I had to change my flight home about a week ago and it was at 12,900 points. I was glad I made the change when I did because it climbed to over 16k in the next few days. Fast forward to today and it's in the 16k range but part of the 29% off Cali sale, so the sale price goes down to 11,800. It's still a better rate than what it was sitting at when I booked, but it sure seems they inflated the price just before the sale so that it seems like a much better deal than it really is if you consider the historical pricing that has been available for the flight. Of course I happily got my couple of thousand points back but I'm curious where it'll land after the sale is over.

I had the same promo. For my previous bonus promo, I didn't receive the bonus for over two months. Not sure why it takes so long, but that was my experience.

Be sure to check that you are getting charged the correct amount of points when doing a change on the website.

Deceided to add an extra day. Points were going up to 8322. The change showed the correct amount to charge me to change. Went through the transaction and it was charging me 9137 when the email came. Went back to the website and the flight is avaoable for 8322, not 9137 points. I always check the email, but I wonder how many do not

45 minutes later on the phone they got it fixed. The rep had no idea what happend.

Sorry if this has already been asked/answered, but I haven’t been able to find it here or elsewhere on the internet.

Once you hit CP, do you accrue points for the next year and if so, will they reset on 1/1?

I’ve never hit CP so early in the year, so it never mattered before, but I’m trying to figure out if it’s worth it to keep using the Visa to get the points towards 2025 or if all I am earning are rapid rewards and I should use another card.

Thanks!

Sorry if this has already been asked/answered, but I haven’t been able to find it here or elsewhere on the internet.

Once you hit CP, do you accrue points for the next year and if so, will they reset on 1/1?

I’ve never hit CP so early in the year, so it never mattered before, but I’m trying to figure out if it’s worth it to keep using the Visa to get the points towards 2025 or if all I am earning are rapid rewards and I should use another card.

Thanks!
Points for 2025 CP start earning 1/1/24.

If you've earned 2024 CP, then the rest of this year you are only earning RR points (and A list qualifying points, for certain card types). Generally, there are other cards or there with better everyday earnings value than a SW card.

Points for 2025 CP start earning 1/1/24.

If you've earned 2024 CP, then the rest of this year you are only earning RR points (and A list qualifying points, for certain card types). Generally, there are other cards or there with better everyday earnings value than a SW card.
Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for!

All tier qualifying points, for A list, A list preferred & CP all reset on January 1st every year.
I’m kind of surprised that they don’t incentivize a longer qualifying period once you hit those milestones so that it encourages you to keep using the card.

So that you could have x months + 12 months to work towards your next qualification of CP or A list.

Maybe to keep it simple and allow a 1/1 reset, just offer double RR point earnings for the rest of the time!

Do we know what time the schedule opened up?

Updated:

Release Date | Time (eastern)
08/03/23 | 7:35am
06/29/23 | 7:35am
06/08/23 | 7:20am
03/09/23 | 7:10am
02/09/23 | 7:15am
12/15/22 | 7:15am
10/27/22 | 7:25am
09/08/22 | 7:25am
07/21/22 | 7:20am
06/16/22 | 7:30am
03/30/22 | 7:30am
12/16/21 | 7:50am
12/08/21 | 6:45am
06/10/21 | 7:15am
04/01/21 | 9:10am
12/10/20 | 7:15am
08/13/20 | 9:15am

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter