Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I am going to be purchasing a ticket for myself and my adult niece for a trip to California. If I purchase for 2 passengers and we later change flights/prices drop - would the travel funds belong to me or to each passenger?

Also, if I have enough, can I use my points to purchase both of our flights if I am selecting 2 passengers?

I am going to be purchasing a ticket for myself and my adult niece for a trip to California. If I purchase for 2 passengers and we later change flights/prices drop - would the travel funds belong to me or to each passenger?

Also, if I have enough, can I use my points to purchase both of our flights if I am selecting 2 passengers?
1- Wanna get away fares- travel funds associated with the confirmation number are per passenger. New, wanna get away plus, the funds are transferrable between people. I haven't seen any DPs yet about exactly how that works.

2- Yes, you can use your points to book both flights. If they were cancelled, price difference, etc, the points would go back to your rapid rewards number.

1. Funds are by passenger. When I had to cancel flights for me and my children, I could not pool the money to use on a flight just for myself.
2. Yes, you can use points to purchase flights for more than one person. We are going to see my grandmother in a few months and I was able to use my points to get flights for me and my kids.

I am booking 5 tickets for family and me. I have 2 SW Chase cards, DH (one of the 5) has one and DS (also one of the 5) has one too. If I use my points, can we use EBCI on return flights from each of our accounts to cover return flights? We will be at MK and I don’t want to have to remember to check in at 24 hours. Also, I’ve never used this option, so how does it work?

I am booking 5 tickets for family and me. I have 2 SW Chase cards, DH (one of the 5) has one and DS (also one of the 5) has one too. If I use my points, can we use EBCI on return flights from each of our accounts to cover return flights? We will be at MK and I don’t want to have to remember to check in at 24 hours. Also, I’ve never used this option, so how does it work?
Are they all premier cards? I think that’s the only one with this benefit. I think you purchase the tix and EBCI and pay with the card and it automatically gives you a credit on your statement (but I may be wrong on this?) Also each purchase would be its own reservation, don’t think you can get them on the same reservation using different cards Someone correct me if I’m wrong please!

Are these both "Plus" or "Premier" cards? If either is Priority, it has 4 upgraded boardings per year, but no EBCI benefit. Priority upgraded boardings you redeem at the desk in the airport.

Assuming you have the right card types:

Step one- book the tickets with points. Put EBCI on none of them.
Step two- go to your reservation details, should see button for Add EarlyBird Check-In. Do this for two of the tickets using the first credit card.
Step three- go back to reservations details, Add EarlyBird Check-in again for two more tickets using the second Chase card.

You'll end up with one person without EBCI. However, if the ones who do use EBCI grab the aisle and window for the row you want, I can't imagine someone elbowing into that middle seat before your 5th boarder comes to take it.

ETA- Double checked Hubby's Plus card. We added two EBCIs using this method and they credited back off the same day.

Last edited:
OMG I just did my daily check to see if there is any change in my flights for Sept. 9/5-9/14...and WOW! My $59 flight from BWI to MCO is now $163 and my Business Select $133 fare from MCO to BWI is now $283!😲. I sure everybody who was planning on flying August-sept has already booked their flights!
oh I also just got an email from SWA celebrating their Birthday with a game to play...you push the button and a big “YOU LOST” pops up.....but I think I’ve already won by booking my flights when I did!
Glad to see I'm not the only one who checks flights daily.

View attachment 675935
What does this mean? I'm trying to modify a flight online and keep getting this. Also, just found out that the app no longer works on my android phone. It worked fine in Jan. Silly me, I uninstalled it thinking a reinstall would fix it only to find out that the updated app will not work on my phone at all. Ugh!
I'm having trouble logging in through the app or desktop. Not cool when I want to buy tickets tomorrow. My husband's app seems to be working, but I'm the one with the most points. Called in and got right through!!! Good to go for tomorrow.

Last edited:
Anybody remember what time the schedule drop happened on Mar 30? Here's what it was prior to that.

Release Date | Time (eastern)
12/16/21 | 7:50am
12/08/21 | 6:45am
06/10/21 | 7:15am
04/01/21 | 9:10am
12/10/20 | 7:15am
08/13/20 | 9:15am

I’m afraid that the flights between BWI-MCO are going to stay right where they are now around $163 and not open any lower tomorrow with expanded schedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter