Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I have a stop in another city on my trip. I wanted to upgrade to A1-15 on the second leg to Orlando but it seems you can only upgrade the first leg of the flight

I have a stop in another city on my trip. I wanted to upgrade to A1-15 on the second leg to Orlando but it seems you can only upgrade the first leg of the flight
Like you were upgrading it online or at the gate?

I was wondering how the upgrading boarding #s worked online now vs. at the gate - I've only ever upgraded at the gate..

Like you were upgrading it online or at the gate?

I was wondering how the upgrading boarding #s worked online now vs. at the gate - I've only ever upgraded at the gate..
It was online. There was a button that shows it but it was only saying the first part was eligible

Still waiting for my 25,000 points for the flight cancellations... anyone else?
If you submitted a ticket for reimbursement, I'm getting the impression that the points offer will likely come with the email you will receive regarding your reimbursement. (Just something I saw online so I don't know this for sure.)

If you submitted a ticket for reimbursement, I'm getting the impression that the points offer will likely come with the email you will receive regarding your reimbursement. (Just something I saw online so I don't know this for sure.)
It’s possible that is how SWA is handling this (and hopefully for those still waiting!), though I wanted to add that I received the 25K points while awaiting an update on my reimbursement request.

Update! I have received my final bag … 13 days after I checked it in at MCO. I had it delivered to my house this time (and then tipped the delivery driver … LOL … of course I had to spend even MORE of my money to get my bags back). I washed the clothes and DH made the drive to deliver them to the kid at college.

So happy to be done with this whole fiasco!

Just waiting to see if they reimburse us for the additional travel expenses we incurred due to their ineptitude.

I have a companion pass and my DH is my companion, usually. I booked a flight home from Florida on a Wednesday but he is flying home a couple of days earlier with our oldest child (child is 17 so can fly alone). Thinking about moving him to my flight as my companion (child will still fly home a couple of days earlier). If I add him to my flight now, can we keep him on the earlier flight too? There's only a couple of seats left on my flight but I'd like to think about it a little longer (we have to work out logistics with how the oldest gets home from the airport, etc.).

I have a companion pass and my DH is my companion, usually. I booked a flight home from Florida on a Wednesday but he is flying home a couple of days earlier with our oldest child (child is 17 so can fly alone). Thinking about moving him to my flight as my companion (child will still fly home a couple of days earlier). If I add him to my flight now, can we keep him on the earlier flight too? There's only a couple of seats left on my flight but I'd like to think about it a little longer (we have to work out logistics with how the oldest gets home from the airport, etc.).
I don’t see it being a problem, just cancel it if you aren’t going to use it.

It was online. There was a button that shows it but it was only saying the first part was eligible

Maybe you can't upgrade because no seats are available

Or it wasn’t at the 24 hour mark to check into the 2nd flight?

I'm thinking there wasn't availability for the 2nd leg as mrsstats79 posted above as I came across this in Oct when my DH & I went to Hawaii. On our way there we had a layover in Phoenix. While we had great boarding positions from MDW-PHX, PHX-OGG wasn't as good. When I clicked to upgrade, it only gave me the option for the first leg. My first thought was that I needed to wait until the 24 hr mark for PHX-OGG as focusdisney suggested above, but unfortunately that wasn't the case as once I was at the 24 hr mark, I still was only given the upgrade option for the first leg. Fast forward to our return......I once again wanted to upgrade just the 2nd leg. When I clicked to upgrade, I was given the option for both, at which time I was able to skip the 1st leg and upgrade the 2nd without an issue.

I'm thinking there wasn't availability for the 2nd leg as mrsstats79 posted above as I came across this in Oct when my DH & I went to Hawaii. On our way there we had a layover in Phoenix. While we had great boarding positions from MDW-PHX, PHX-OGG wasn't as good. When I clicked to upgrade, it only gave me the option for the first leg. My first thought was that I needed to wait until the 24 hr mark for PHX-OGG as focusdisney suggested above, but unfortunately that wasn't the case as once I was at the 24 hr mark, I still was only given the upgrade option for the first leg. Fast forward to our return......I once again wanted to upgrade just the 2nd leg. When I clicked to upgrade, I was given the option for both, at which time I was able to skip the 1st leg and upgrade the 2nd without an issue.

I only fly nonstops but it’s good to know how it works for flights with plane changes. Thanks for posting!

With the flight disruptions today, I hope that Southwest can recover fast, unlike Christmas
I'm sure they will, at least it's not their fault this time. And the ground stop was lifted just before 8am eastern though there will be a ripple effect for a bit today maybe tomorrow a tad but I wouldn't anticipate much more than that.

Our honeymoon coincided with FAA furloughs...we were caught up in that in a foreign country (Saint Lucia) and barely made it to the U.S. let alone home.

My husband actually was due to fly tomorrow with SWA for work but that got moved yesterday to about a week and a half from now, probably a good thing it got moved.

Quite a few flight between BWI and MCO were cancelled today and the rest were significantly delayed.
Flights everywhere were delayed due to the ground stop and the FAA screwing up a critical system with no back up. SW actually ended the day less delayed than AA and United, more cancellations than either but nowhere near the meltdown that happened two weeks ago. It was interesting to see how each of the big 4 airlines coped with the disruption. SW and AA were more proactive in cancelling flights, but it looks like they didn't allow the pilots to burn too much extra fuel to make up time. UA delayed a lot but didn't cancel much. Delta ended up cancelling the fewest and having the fewest delayed. I'm going to guess that ATL being prioritized for the back up system and Delta was more willing to let their pilots try to make up time en route.

I think the bigger question is how does SW bounce back today, if they are back to normal today then I will cancel my back up flight I have with Delta for Tuesday.

Flights everywhere were delayed due to the ground stop and the FAA screwing up a critical system with no back up. SW actually ended the day less delayed than AA and United, more cancellations than either but nowhere near the meltdown that happened two weeks ago. It was interesting to see how each of the big 4 airlines coped with the disruption. SW and AA were more proactive in cancelling flights, but it looks like they didn't allow the pilots to burn too much extra fuel to make up time. UA delayed a lot but didn't cancel much. Delta ended up cancelling the fewest and having the fewest delayed. I'm going to guess that ATL being prioritized for the back up system and Delta was more willing to let their pilots try to make up time en route.

I think the bigger question is how does SW bounce back today, if they are back to normal today then I will cancel my back up flight I have with Delta for Tuesday.
I’m flying SW out of MCO this morning, and so far so good here. 🤞🏻 Planes have been taking off, and we are currently on our plane at the correct departure time and waiting to taxi. There were people around us discussing how late they arrived, so they missed connections, but they all seemed to have been rebooked and flying out today. Don’t know how other airports are faring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter