Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Updated release times:

Release Date | Time (eastern)
03/09/23 | 7:10am
02/09/23 | 7:15am
12/15/22 | 7:15am
10/27/22 | 7:25am
09/08/22 | 7:25am
07/21/22 | 7:20am
06/16/22 | 7:30am
03/30/22 | 7:30am
12/16/21 | 7:50am
12/08/21 | 6:45am
06/10/21 | 7:15am
04/01/21 | 9:10am
12/10/20 | 7:15am
08/13/20 | 9:15am

Last edited:
I just remembered flights weee supposed to open today and booked paying much more than I wanted to sadly. Anyway I am even more upset with myself now seeing that they opened yesterday at 7:10am in the post above. Ugh. Oh well it is what it is. Maybe price will drop. Hopefully we are not so late as to get B boarding groups though.

I just remembered flights weee supposed to open today and booked paying much more than I wanted to sadly. Anyway I am even more upset with myself now seeing that they opened yesterday at 7:10am in the post above. Ugh. Oh well it is what it is. Maybe price will drop. Hopefully we are not so late as to get B boarding groups though.
No, I put the wrong date. I've been a day behind all day. It's been fixed. Sorry for the confusion!

Oh well both American and Delta are now cheaper for me to fly. And I get my bags free with my American credit card, so I don’t have to pay that. SW does allow you to change for free, there’s that so I’m not sure what to do!

I just checked and got 3200 points back for our August flight. Still way more than we ever have used before so hoping for a bunch more back.

We usually book the WGA levels but for our upcoming flights to Vegas in October I'm thinking of booking Anytime - and i wanted to make sure I'm not reading too much into the highlighted line - that we have access to Priority Lane/Express Lane..

View attachment 744887
so if I go down the page and read the little bitty "8" it clarifies what the Priority Lane and Express Lane is...

View attachment 744889

BUT, that would be the same as the A-List check-in line that I would have used at my local airport and then flying out of the departing airport - we had A-List las year and were super spoiled by using that shorter check-in line...

Thanks!
Can anyone confirm my question above?? If I get the Anytime tickets, and it says I can use the Priority Lane/express Lane - is that the same as the A-List lane??

Thanks!!

Can anyone confirm my question above?? If I get the Anytime tickets, and it says I can use the Priority Lane/express Lane - is that the same as the A-List lane??

Thanks!!
You didn't actually ask a question in that post. But I will answer the one you asked here. Yes, the Priority Lane is the shorter check in line that most decent sized SW operations have and what you would have used as A list. The Express Lane is a shorter security line that SW pays for at some airports that until last year was restricted to A list and BS passengers.

I'm a little disappointed that both roundtrip flights purchased at the drop this morning are still at the same price more than 12 hours later. It used to be such an important factor to be up early for better pricing. The pricing was pretty much "meh" (all around) this time.

In your experience, how long does it take for the anniversary credit card points to post? I was charged my annual card fee on 2/2, but I don’t see it yet. I’m waiting on that 6,000 points to get me to the amount of points I need for a trip.

In your experience, how long does it take for the anniversary credit card points to post? I was charged my annual card fee on 2/2, but I don’t see it yet. I’m waiting on that 6,000 points to get me to the amount of points I need for a trip.
When the statement closes plus 2ish days. When does your statement close?

I have a weird question...
If you buy an "anytime" (refundable, includes EBCI) fare and then at a later time, decide to modify your flight, can you modify THE SAME flight to a WGA fare? If so, will you have the option to purchase the EBCI at that point?

The reason I ask is because my dad is still unsure if he wants to fly Delta or SWA. The WGA fare + EBCI is only $55 less than the cost of the Anytime fare. I was thinking that maybe he should buy the Anytime fare for now so that he could "lock in" his price and then if he decides to fly Delta, he can at least get a full refund.

EDIT: Oh boy...I should caffeinate before posting:crazy: I m not even sure what I was trying to ask! Now that I've re-read my post (and I've had my morning beverage!), I realize that all he would need to do is cancel the anytime ticket and re-book a WGA ticket. (I realize I could've deleted my post, but I enjoy reading the nonsense that I wrote in my morning stupor:rotfl2:)

Last edited:
I have a weird question...
If you buy an "anytime" (refundable, includes EBCI) fare and then at a later time, decide to modify your flight, can you modify THE SAME flight to a WGA fare? If so, will you have the option to purchase the EBCI at that point?

The reason I ask is because my dad is still unsure if he wants to fly Delta or SWA. The WGA fare + EBCI is only $55 less than the cost of the Anytime fare. I was thinking that maybe he should buy the Anytime fare for now so that he could "lock in" his price and then if he decides to fly Delta, he can at least get a full refund.

EDIT: Oh boy...I should caffeinate before posting:crazy: I m not even sure what I was trying to ask! Now that I've re-read my post (and I've had my morning beverage!), I realize that all he would need to do is cancel the anytime ticket and re-book a WGA ticket. (I realize I could've deleted my post, but I enjoy reading the nonsense that I wrote in my morning stupor:rotfl2:)
Your edit is correct, but to answer your original question - you could also modify to the same flight with a WGA fare. The difference will be refunded. Keep in mind that Anytime fares will get a better boarding position than WGA+EBCI.

Would it be wrong to book a dummy flight just to combine some travel funds into one and then cancel it basically immediately so I can change my WGA flight to Anytime? I don’t wanna break any rules or anything or have my account be suspicious looking, but I have so many travel funds in small amounts that I could upgrade my flights for no additional cost to me.

Would it be wrong to book a dummy flight just to combine some travel funds into one and then cancel it basically immediately so I can change my WGA flight to Anytime? I don’t wanna break any rules or anything or have my account be suspicious looking, but I have so many travel funds in small amounts that I could upgrade my flights for no additional cost to me.
You should wait until two days after you book to cancel but otherwise that is exactly the recommendation of many on FlyerTalk. Since you can only use three forms of payment, this is the easiest way to combine many of the smaller credits into something usable.

You should wait until two days after you book to cancel but otherwise that is exactly the recommendation of many on FlyerTalk. Since you can only use three forms of payment, this is the easiest way to combine many of the smaller credits into something usable.
Thanks. I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t breaking the rules. I wish they’d just let us combine them all on our own. It sure would be more useful to us all!

Something I just read on the /r/SouthwestAirlines subreddit:

If you have a flight leaving this Sunday (March 12), because of Daylight Saving Time, make sure to check in an hour earlier on Saturday. Say your flight on Sunday is at 10:00 am, then check in at 9:00 am on Saturday.
yes they put this as a banner at some point. I noticed it yesterday but it's possible it was there before.

1678478631290.png

Something I just read on the /r/SouthwestAirlines subreddit:

If you have a flight leaving this Sunday (March 12), because of Daylight Saving Time, make sure to check in an hour earlier on Saturday. Say your flight on Sunday is at 10:00 am, then check in at 9:00 am on Saturday.
I traveled over fall time change, so you had to wait until 23 hours out. Tried on multiple devices, getting progressively more frustrated until I saw the banner!

At least in the fall you just have to come back in an hour. Spring time change would land you in C if you weren't aware.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter