Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

So we booked Vegas for Labor Day (3rd going to Vegas, 6th coming back home) with the sale at $125 pp per way. We opted to pay cash this time using one of our two gift cards purchased through Costco when they were discounted. I believe the point value was around 8,000 pp per way so not bad honestly had we chose that way.

Oddly the extremely early flights non-stop wasn't there. Instead we'll arrive at 9:30am which is much later than in the past but still fine. In some ways my husband is excited to somewhat sleep in :laughing:

I know someone here will be able to answer this. I need to check in on Friday at the 24 hour mark before our flight (no Early Bird for the flight there). The kids and I are on one reservation and my husband on another. In order to check in at the same time as best as we can to get our boarding groups about the same, what's the best way to accomplish this? Have one reservation/confirmation pulled up on my phone and another on a computer?

I know someone here will be able to answer this. I need to check in on Friday at the 24 hour mark before our flight (no Early Bird for the flight there). The kids and I are on one reservation and my husband on another. In order to check in at the same time as best as we can to get our boarding groups about the same, what's the best way to accomplish this? Have one reservation/confirmation pulled up on my phone and another on a computer?
yes this is what i do. use 2 devices

what is the countdown for wanna get away day? do we anticipate a better sale than the 40% off?

Yeah a flight I have been checking on frequently was originally purchased at $99. I check all my flights once in a while, and notice it's been at around $125 lately, including the day before this 40 off sale. I checked that same flight once this sale hit, and it has $210 crossed out with $125 as the price! Incredibly deceitful.

They're doing the classic Kohl's and Amazon method of "let's artificially raise the price on everything and then put it "on sale" to make it appear everyone is getting a great deal!

Not a scam in all cases! I saved 5000 points from my original 12,000 point booking yesterday on one flight in August. (Times 2 because we both saved that much.) We paid the equivalent of $172 each, cash price is now $110. Other flights were not cheaper with the sale, I have one for $44 in late August with a return at $64, they couldn't beat that with the 40% off sale. I did save on another flight in November, cancelled the cash booking and used points for the discounted rate.

Last edited:
Not a scam in all cases! I saved 5000 points from my original 12,000 point booking yesterday on one flight in August. (Times 2 because we both saved that much.) We paid the equivalent of $172 each, cash price is now $110. Other flights were not cheaper with the sale, I have one for $44 in late August with a return at $64, they couldn't beat that with the 40% off sale. I did save on another flight in November, cancelled the cash booking and used points for the discounted rate.
LaGuardia was $68 with the sale, yeah that's a pretty darn good deal there.

Yeah a flight I have been checking on frequently was originally purchased at $99. I check all my flights once in a while, and notice it's been at around $125 lately, including the day before this 40 off sale. I checked that same flight once this sale hit, and it has $210 crossed out with $125 as the price! Incredibly deceitful.

They're doing the classic Kohl's and Amazon method of "let's artificially raise the price on everything and then put it "on sale" to make it appear everyone is getting a great deal!

Slightly off topic, but a man in NW California is suing a Safeway for something very similar. He was waiting for a BOGO sale on Ben and Jerry's ice cream, normally $4/pt there. Well, just before the sale, the Safeway jacked the price to $7.49. Right after the sale, it went back down to $4.

https://www.sfgate.com/food/article/california-safeway-bogo-deal-lawsuit-18146761.php

Yeah! On our Austin to Mco flights I saved 14000 points by rebooking yesterday . I do have a question on early bird though I booked those original flights pretty quickly the day they were released.... does my early bird retain my place in the early bird line or by rebooking did it move me farther back? Normally I wouldn't worry as it's usually just the 2 of us. But this time we are a group of 5 catching a flight with another group of 7 family members . I love this thread, I've learned so much!

Yeah! On our Austin to Mco flights I saved 14000 points by rebooking yesterday . I do have a question on early bird though I booked those original flights pretty quickly the day they were released.... does my early bird retain my place in the early bird line or by rebooking did it move me farther back? Normally I wouldn't worry as it's usually just the 2 of us. But this time we are a group of 5 catching a flight with another group of 7 family members . I love this thread, I've learned so much!
We have scientifically derived evidence that just taking advantage of a price drop does not change your EBCI priority. A member here put it to the test a couple months ago, they had two confirmations on the same flight booked at the same time with EBCI, they took advantage of a small price drop on one of the reservations but not the other, the two reservations still ended up next to each other in boarding order.

I need a pro to check me on this - If I purchase a Wanna Get Away Plus ticket (which is $9 more than the Wanna Get Away ticket), I could be able to switch to any other flight that day for free? I'm reading something about "taxes and fees" being additional, but if I already paid the taxes from my original flight, I shouldn't have to pay them again, correct?

Right now I'm booking a late night flight which isn't ideal, but for the minimal cost, I'm willing to take the chance that I might be able to get on a more expensive earlier flight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter