Post (Disney) Vacation Blues!

AZMyers

Mouseketeer
Not sure which board to post this so feel free to move it if this is not the right place.

Does anyone else feel really down after their Disney trip? We've been home a week and I am finding myself very down. We had such a great time and I really want to go back right away!! It's all I can think about? Anyone else go through this??

Oh yes I agree!
And actually, the closer I get to a trip, I tend to get depressed as well just knowing that it will be here and over soon.

I got so bummed out after getting home. I started looking into the idea of moving down to the Orlando area!

Yep. Last year after our trip I couldn't even come on this site for months. And I also get upset thinking about the trip starting because I know that means it will be over soon! Ugh. :sad2:

Yep, it really starts to hit as you get to the last day or 2, and when we leave the world on the DME bus and get back to the 'real world' ie: when you start seeing lowe's and home depots etc etc, that's when it strikes with a vengence :(

When I start I'm always like "Hooray! I have 7 (or whatever) days!"
Then about half way through I start thinking "Dang. It's almost over."
It helps to keep telling yourself you'll be back. On the ride home I'm usually planning the next trip!

I got home Sunday night and have been in the dumps and will be for a week at least. I always come home and think I should just move down there and get on with it already. Sunday when we were waiting for the ME we realized that we didn't use our half hour in arcade card so I went to use it and couldn't get it to work. I swear I had never been so depressed leaving, all I wanted to do was play a stupid video game to pass the time. Every time I leave all I can think about is going back.

Personally, I find the post-vacation laundry pile depressing.

:laundy:

LOL, since we are now DVC, we have no problems throwing laundry in the night before and pretty much go home with clean clothes :) So that takes that 'down' out of it for us.

Doesn't everyone feel that way! We just went for a week Nov 10 -17 and all I can think about is our trip in June...then I have one planned for Oct too, but I can;t decide between going at Halloween time or x-mas time!

LOL, since we are now DVC, we have no problems throwing laundry in the night before and pretty much go home with clean clothes :) So that takes that 'down' out of it for us.

I do laundry there as well, just put it in and go swim, isn't great!

absolutely! We've been home about a week too...but with no return trip in sight (we can only afford to go every 2-3 years). Feeling a bit sad that there is no more to plan for quite a while!

What a great post topic. I have been dealing with the same issues. We came home Sunday and I struggled with checking my Disney sites. Fortunately we only have 718 days until our next trip.:banana: The trip we started planning while in the middle of our recent trip. We had an amazing time, and really only dealt with one Grumpy cast member. But in her defense, it was raining, and she was driving a boat from POR to Downtown Disney. Everything else was Magical.

DW and I feel like that with any vacation we take. We have so much fun and don't want it to end. Then there's that 4 letter word that really lets you know it's over. WORK. Ugh!:faint: I know what everyone means though. Come and gone before you know it. Good thing is, you can start planning for the next one almost immediately.:cool1:

I don't feel that way about Disney. Maybe because we live near Orlando so it's not as special. A few of the other trips we take -yes! In a big way. That's why I have two of those trips in my signature. Every time I post I can see those trips getting closer and closer. After our real vacation in July, I'm seriously bummed.

absolutely! We've been home about a week too...but with no return trip in sight (we can only afford to go every 2-3 years). Feeling a bit sad that there is no more to plan for quite a while!

I do not plan any trips yet as well, still paying for the last one:), but I ordered planning DVD, just to see it.

We just returned Saturday from a week at WDW. I haven't felt the big letdown yet, but I think that is because I have Christmas to look forward to. I'm sure in January, I'll be missing Disney!

We have tentatively planned a trip for Thanksgiving in 2011. Our daughter will be 9, and we want to return before those adult prices hit.

Ahhh....the post Disney blues! I know the feeling all too well. I feel the same way after every trip...until I start planning the next one. It is an addiction and you are experiencing withdrawl! You need a fix.....start planning the next vacation, even if it is a year or so away. I find it helps me. Good luck!

I'm always kinda sad when we get home from our Disney trip too!~ I usually have another one planned so that helps keep the blues at bay. Well it helps a little at least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter