Posted this on Restaurants board but thought it was important here too..

npall

Mouseketeer
We just got back from a day trip ( we live in Orlando and have AP's.) We had lunch at Cinderella's castle. I posted my whole review on that board but I thought some of it was applicable here because of the big chaos regarding CRT reservations.

We live in Orlando and have AP's so we decided to head out to MK for a couple hours with the little one. To be honest with you until I came to this board I never realized there was a restaurant at the castle to begin with. After reading all the post about CRT breakfast and how hard ps are to get I decided to check it out.

We did not go for breakfast ( way too early and we are not big breakfast people anyway..)So we decided to go there for lunch. We had no advance ps, we were just going to check availability.

We walked up at 1:20pm and asked if they had any seating available. The hostess said it would be a 40 minute wait, my dh and I debated it for a couple of minutes and then came back and said okay. Then she told us that they would have a table at 1:30. 10 MINUTES! We were so excited ( we had ds(2) with us.) She told us to wait inside and they would call us. Lo and behold when we walked inside who was sitting at the throne ? Cinderella herself. She was taking pictures and just chatting with the other families also waiting to be called for seating. My ds has no point of reference with her so he wasn't at all interested but it was still cute...
She walked around and talked to the kids, took pictures, she seemed not to be in a hurry at all.

At 1:35pm they called us and we made our way upstairs. When we gave the hostess our card (which had party size , last name, etc..) "She said you guys got a GREAT table!" What do you know we got a window table overlooking fantasyland. We were thrilled!

My dh got the primerib medium rare ($16) and I got the Captain Mondo's favorite meat pie ($14)(I am not sure of the exact name but something very close to this..) My dish was fantastic!!! I can't rave enough about it My dh also liked his prime rib and said he would recommend it if you are a big meat eater like he is. I got the chicken fingers for ds ($4.99)..here's my biggest complaint about the lunch kid's meal..they serve the chicken fingers with mashed potatoes and corn. My ds likes mashed potatoes at home but these were not very good at all. Needless to say they were left. After looking around I noticed alot of the kids plates had left them and the corn. They should have the option of getting french fries or fruit instead..

After dinner we ordered dessert for $6 a piece. I got the chocolate mousse and my dh got a lemon & poppyseed poundcake topped with mango ice cream, blue berries and strawberries that have been soaked marinated in grand marnier. Okay for dessert lovers here is the scoop..My hubby actually wouldn't the mouse but I suggested he get something different so we could try 2 things. He reluctantly agreed. The chocolate mousse cake is good but my husband's dessert was AMAZING. My dh said the combination of flavors just burst in your mouth! So my suggestion if you get the mousse you can share it because it is too rich to eat a whole piece, if you order this dessert get your own, it is so light and delicious you won't want to share and it goes down way too easy! BTW- ds got plain vanilla ice cream( I can't remember what they charged for this.)

Just to prepare you, the lunch meal is not cheap. With everything above, 20% tip and 2 sodas and an apple juice we spent $67.65.

BTW- When we came back down after lunch (2:40pm) Cinderella was downstairs again taking pictures and chatting with a little boy that was telling her a story about something ( you know kids..)
The reason I am writing this is two part. The first is to let other people know how excellent I thought our lunch meal was. But second and most important is to let you know that if you don't get your breakfast ps for CRT don't be too disappointed..take your little ones to lunch or dinner. Cindy hangs out and from what I understand she is very rushed at breakfast. At lunch your kids will probably get alot more time with her and more photo ops. Expensive ? Yes! Worth to do it once ? Absolutely!

Hopes this helps someone!

Naomi

Thanks for the info....we we will probably do this with our kids!! Couldn't get a breakfast PS.

we also did lunch at the castle. i would definatly reccomend it as well. we were in Disney 4/10 to4/18. i had made a ps for the lunch. shortly after we were seated we saw Cinderella going down the elevator, our server told us she was going down to the lobby and we were free to go down to see her for pics and autographs. its was great. only a few families in line. just the people dining are able to see here so its a very nice perk and id definatly do it again.

This is a great tip for all of those disappointed because they didn't get the character breakfast.

You'll want to note, though, that while Cinderella (or some similar character) usually appears in the lobby during the lunch and dinner hours, there is no guarantee that she (or anyone) will be there. It's best to keep this little tidbit from other family members, that way they can still be thrilled with the surprise if she's there but you will avoid any disappointment in the off chance that she is not.

We also had lunch at the castle due to not being able to get breakfast ps's and we had a great time. It was fun just eating in the castle. When I made the ps's the CM said they are trying to have Cinderella there or some other princess for lunch and dinner in the throne room at all times. Which does make it even more special. Anyway my DH also had the meat pie and I tasted it and it was EXCELLENT!!! We also did dessert and it was very yummy. I'm not a mousse fan, but DH is and he got that and could hardly eat half it was sooooooooo sweet. Glad you had a great time there too.

Major Domo meat pie. But I like your Captain Mondo better.

I love you, whoever shared this!!! I have not been able to get a PS for Breakfast (decided to late to go to WDW), although I have called several times just to "see" if there was a cancelation. I am willing to "take" the chance, and what the heck, at least I can tell DS we are attending a "world class banquet" (from Cindy 2) at the castle, and maybe, just maybe, a princess will be home and not out visiting other princesses at other castles!!!

He so loves the princesses!!!

Shelly

My thanks to you also for posting this. I hadn't been able to quite put it together...I always see a breakfast at the castle listed under the character breakfasts but no lunch and dinner. Yet I would occasionally see a menu or reference to lunch and dinner at the castle.

So now, if I have it right, you make a ps for a character breakfast at the castle but you can also go and eat lunch and dinner there. It's not a "character meal", but you may see characters. Is that right?

And you get to order from a menu instead of having a buffet. You can make a ps for lunch and dinner but may not have to.

Do all the character meal locations work like that?

Jamie

I was the original poster on this ..just to clarify..yes if you go for lunch or dinner and they have a regular sit down menu that your order off of..which is wonderful..and in the lobby Cinderella is there sitting on her thron..taking pictures, signing autographs and just hanging out..the difference between this and breakfast is that she does not come upstairs in the main dining hall...

We just walked up and they had seating but if you are sure you want to do this go ahead and make a ps for it...

Naomi

Thanks npall!

Do they have a map of the inside of the castle posted anywhere???? Geez, it sounds huge!

And here I thought the castle's only purpose was to look good at the beginning of the Disney shows I used to watch on TV every Sunday night!

Jamie

When you walk into the castle it's a long corridor like you can just walk through.. There is a store on the left and these beautiful murials on the walls.. right before you exit on the other side of the castle (hint: this is a shortcut from getting from main street to fantasyland without going all the way around) on the right hand side you will se a desk and a sign the says Cinderella's Royal table...

BTW- I have lived in FL my whole life and never knew there was a restaurant in there until this board..actually I wasn't a big Disney fan ( most locals aren't) until I had my first son 2 years ago..kids will change every aspect of you..

Naomi

I WOULD REALLY RECOMEND MAKING A PS EVEN FOR LUNCH OR DINNER. I HAD MADE ONE, AND WERE WERE HANGING AROUND KILLING TIME, I ASKED IF WE COULD GET IN EARLIER AND WE COULDNT. SO JUST TO MAKE SURE YOU CAN GET IN, MAKE YOUR PS, YOU CAN ALWAYS CANCEL IT. FOR LUNCH YOU ORDER OFF THE MENU, AND THE FOOD WAS VERY GOOD. I JUST GOT MY PICS BACK OF MY 2 YEAR OLD DD, MY SELF, THE FAIRY GODMOTHER AND CINDERELLA, I LOVE IT!! MY TWIN 2 YEAR OLD DS WOULDNT GET IN THE PIC EVEN THOUGH HE LOVES CINDERELLA TOO, SO THE GODMOTHER, IN HER WHISPER SWEET VOICE SAID WE SHOULD DO A GIRLS ONLY PIC. AND AN EMPLOYEE OFFERED TO TAKE IT FOR US. CINDY AND THE GODMOTHER WILL BOTH CHAT WITH YOU FOR A FEW MINS. TOO. IT WAS WELL WORTH IT IF YOUR A BIG FAN. THERE WAS NO RUSH AND NO CROWD.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter