POTC online Beta Test

oh no my pirate is gone !!! AGGGHHH

Well I will try for a more suitable name this time.... but I had worked SO HARD to get just to level 5....

I was fortunate enough not to lose me character but could not find anyone playing last night. Was it because of Halloween or has no one signed up for live?

I was fortunate enough not to lose me character but could not find anyone playing last night. Was it because of Halloween or has no one signed up for live?
If you did not lose your character, you most likely were not playing on the live servers. Most likely you were playing on the test servers and there will normally be very few people there. The way to see which you were on is to right click on the launcher icon, left click on "Properties", then look at the "Target Location" in the box that pops up. If it shows "PiratesOnline_TEST" you are on the test server.

There might be a couple of other reasons why it seemed nobody was around. First was that they shut down for maintenance around 3am ET and soon after it came back up there probably were not many players on. The other reason is that there are a LOT of Worlds (instances) now and you might have been put into an almost empty one.

Well Chedstro and I got our titles now. She is Coriander (same as on VMK). Since my first 3 title requests (Out Of My Mind, OutOfMyMind, and Outs Mind) failed, I chose and got Corianders Toy.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Signed, Peri Brownsword (which sounds a bit.... er ... not what I was really going for...)

I tried to play the free new version and lost my old character :( and i couldn't even play the game because it was CRAZY LAG! It wasn't even playable. How was it for everyone else?

Two nights ago, I played from about 8:00PM - 11:30PM (PDT) and ran into one other player early on. (We were both killing Undead Gravediggers before going to see Tia Dalma.) But after that, nada. I only saw a handful of ships on the High Seas, also. Game ran like a charm, though.

Last night, however, was a completely different story. There were players everywhere and the seas were jam-packed with ships. Lag got really BAD at times (especially out on the water), and the game froze & crashed on me at least three times. (I was crewing the first time it froze & crashed, but was happy to see that we won the ship battle when I re-logged on. :) ) About 11:30PM, they started sending out announcements that the game would be closing "for maintenance" around midnight.

I hope last night was an anomaly and that it runs smoother in the future. I really like the game so far, but trying to play it between the lag and the crashes is fairly frustrating.

Hi All :)

Can someone please tell me where I can find James Pidgeley.

Thanks Much for Your Help!!!!

...About 11:30PM, they started sending out announcements that the game would be closing "for maintenance" around midnight...
This has happened everytime I have been playing that late (3am ET for me). It might be a scheduled normal maintenance routine. The good thing I found out was that the test server does not seem to go down at the same time.:thumbsup2

...Can someone please tell me where I can find James Pidgeley....
I am pretty sure that if you follow the quest task details you will find out that Carver (the bartender in the Faithful Bride/Tortuga) is Pidgeley.

Also for future requests (from you and others), it would be helpful to give the complete Quest name. For Example: The List/James Pidgeley/ etc.

Corianders Toy on POtCO

quick question...do I have to install the game again? I decided to give it a try for a month or so, even though I didn't play the beta version a whole lot!

Hi, I have a question.
I am trying to do the membership in pirates online, but my Dad won't let me use his credit card. Does anyone know where I can purchase Game Cards?

Thanks!
- Water :scared1:

...do I have to install the game again? I decided to give it a try for a month or so, even though I didn't play the beta version a whole lot!
If you still have the icon for the launcher on your desk top it should take you to the live version, even though there might be quite a few updates to download and install. Use the same username and password you did in beta. You will be a basic member, so depending on how much and when you played beta you may run into the "locks" pretty quickly.

Corianders Toy on POtCO

Hi, I have a question.
I am trying to do the membership in pirates online, but my Dad won't let me use his credit card. Does anyone know where I can purchase Game Cards?
The only way to get unlimited access in POtCO at the present time is to use a credit or debit card.

where are the sand crabs? :confused3

Also, would love to find some DISers on there. I'm pretty lonely! :rotfl: My name is Kaylin, please say hi if you see me! :cutie:

ok, never mind the sand crabs...I found them! Now, where is Tia Dalma in Cuba? :confused3 I can't find her, but have been killing a gazillion alligators!

...Now, where is Tia Dalma in Cuba?...
If you face the ocean near the dinghy that takes you out to your boat there is a swampy area on your left. This is the area in which all the high level (big and giant) alligators are. On the other side of the swampy area you may be able to see some lights that when you get closer will be around the start of a boardwalk. Go onto that boardwalk to enter another area and you will see Tia very near the end of that boardwalk.

Corianders Toy in POtCO live

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter