POTD Picture of the Day For Brides to Be

So it's not quite an engagement pic, but it's the trip I found out I wanted to spend the rest of my life with this man. He loved Disney on his first trip! And I'm sorry if this is too big. I'm techno-clueless...
Disney072.jpg

Ok. I finally got home from school.

DF and I haven't done engagement photos yet, but hopefully will be able to do some this christmas at the world.

Here are some of my dress pics though.

This is the first dress that I liked.
dresspic1.jpg

And here is the dress that I eventually bought.
meinweddingdresswithkaylainbmdress.jpg

meinweddingdresskaylainbmdressback.jpg

Everyone's dresses are so gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really need to get off my rear end and upload the pics of mine... I'm just afraid DF will see it since we share a home computer! I'll have to ban him from the picture files. :rolleyes1 Angela, my dress looks kind of like yours! Same gathering on the bottom, rouching on top, but mine doesn't have any beading. We must really be wedding twins! :goodvibes

Don't and will not have any engagement photos....but here are some fun ones! (Sorry if they come out big)

Surfing on the beach
KTandMattboards-2.jpg

In front of the Rockefeller Christmas Tree
KMtree.jpg

Hmmm...where were we? ;)
BG025.jpg

Ok someone has to call today's picture - anyone?

What about your favor(s) for your guests (either what you did, will do, or are considering)?

The main favor in our welcome bags is a wine stopper that says "wish upon a star"
star-stopper_L1.jpg

We changed the "thank you" tag that came on it to one with our names and date and added a little pink metallic heart
DSC02074-1.jpg

These are the dessert party favors (our VR guests plus about 25 other friends). These are crystal pens and we got tags that say "Wishes Do Come True" and put a thank you on the back:
DSC02072.jpg

Here's our favors.
carlydis032.jpg

We bought those boxes at the dollar store, and drilled a tiny hole in the plastic slipper to tie onto the outside.

They were filled with different kinds of candy. We also bought tons of candy labels with our names on them from ebay for reall cheap!

booth.jpg

We're getting a photobooth and the strip of pictures that people take will be their favors. We're going to get props too from the dollar store or something, heh

Here's our 1st attempt at favors. Since we're doing DCL, we're giving each family a big canvas bag to carry stuff of the ship in. My MIL is making the bags on her embroidery machine. (we're going to go with a darker pink on the letters for attempt #2)

BagEmbroideryDesign-2.jpg

And then with MY embroidery machine, i'm going to make each guest a shirt with a disney character matching their personality. I'm still waiting for the disc of designs to arrive, but i've already thought of a few characters to match people with! I can't wait to start those!!

I have no idea what I'm going to do for favors yet!!!!!! I need ideas!!!

Keenercam, I love the bottle stoppers! Where'd you get them from?

Meg -- That is so funny!! Yes, many of you are as old as our DD, or just about the same age. Can you believe this old lady is doing the "blushing bride" thing? :blush:

Old - no way! :goodvibes You're doing the blushing bride thing just fine

I think we're going to do $1 scratch offs. I want to try to make some kind of cute envelope to go with them though. I wanted to do a photo booth, but they're so expensive around here!

CAM - Where did you find these? I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them. They are just too cute I have seen the hearts and stuff but never stars.
star-stopper_L1.jpg

We are considering:
Cookies
cookies.jpg

I was helping a friend look for favors and came across these shotglass that said "I went to _____ & _____ wedding and all I got was this lousy shotglass". I thought it was different and funny.
shotglass.jpg

corckscrew/bottletopper
corckscrew.jpg

I was helping a friend look for favors and came across these shotglass that said "I went to _____ & _____ wedding and all I got was this lousy shotglass". I thought it was different and funny.
shotglass.jpg

That is totally something I'd be interested in! :rotfl: Where did you find those?????

Our main favor at VR for all guests will be personalized lenox Mickey/minnie ears. I am making guests bags(one per family) with lots of stuff including a wish upon a star bottle stopper one per family,1 lanyard with 3 trading pins, and a Disney family vacation beach towel . I also have LED glow necklaces one for everyone and the spinning mickey light one per family for DP party.
003-1.jpg

028-1.jpg

wishuponastarbs.gif

Mickey_Spinner.gif

img016.jpg

And for favors, we are doing donations, either for the Cure Austim Now, Variety Club for my brother, or the National Kidney foundation for my brother-in-law. I found so many favors that I love, so I'm incorporating them into my welcome bags

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter