Potential DVC owner - Animal Kingdom

mistydoodles

Disney Addict
My husband and I have been considering joining the DVC. We were just about to sign up for S.S. even though I wasn't really in love with that resort.

Now that AK is becoming part of the DVC we are considering waiting for that.

Does anyone know when the AK DCV will become available for new members?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Just recieved a card in mail today, DVC is offering curent members buy in,s at AKLV at $101.00 per point 25 min. point buy in. Not sure if nonmembers can buy yet but i would call them and find out. good luck.:wizard:

AKV is not working the way the other DVC resorts - I would love to say March 1 - but it might not be until May 1.

I don't think they will sell to the public until the model rooms are done. So far no word on when that will happen.

I was told in another thread that AKV will go on sale to the public on March 1 and that the buy-in point requirement for new members will go up from 150 points to 160 points.

Thanks for the info. I wonder what the price per point for new members will be and if they will have any kind of incentive.

I did receive a postcard in regards to SSR letting us know that the minimum point buy-in was increasing from 150 to 160 in the near future. I was just about to jump on that until I saw that AK was becoming a DVC. I think I would rather have that one as my home resort. I also like the idea that the contract will be for 50 years.

Just hoping that this will become available soon and that the price per point won't be too high. :confused3

As far as price per point, I was also told that it will be $104 per point.

I haven't heard anything about incentives or possible specials (like a friends and family discount), but I'll keep my fingers crossed.:thumbsup2

Once the dust settles will Sar and Animal King sell at the same price,or will Disney have two resorts selling at seperate prices based upon the number of years left in the contracts?

Once the dust settles will Sar and Animal King sell at the same price,or will Disney have two resorts selling at seperate prices based upon the number of years left in the contracts?

I have been wondering the same thing. They seem to still have a lot of availabilty with SSR so I wonder how that will be handled. :confused3

I was told in another thread that AKV will go on sale to the public on March 1 and that the buy-in point requirement for new members will go up from 150 points to 160 points.

I'm pretty sure it is later than March - my guess is it will be closer to June than March.

Really? I thought for all use years we're looking at 49 years since first use year is 2007 and last must be 2006 (because there are no January use years)?
That's still 50 years though the first one might be partial depending on your use year. 2007 ending 2008 is still one year, not zero. Here's hoping we're all around for it to matter.

Really? I thought for all use years we're looking at 49 years since first use year is 2007 and last must be 2006 (because there are no January use years)?
Everyone buying in now gets 50 sets of points, one for each Use Year from 2007 through 2056 inclusive.

SSR is on track to sell out by the end of Summer 2007....so sayeth the guides, so sayeth the boards....

I believe that prices will be the same, as both are set to have a price increase.

Duh! I can't count. Thanks for the clarification.
You still have a valid point, namely that when Disney states that the contract expires in 2057 (or 2054 for SSR or 2042 for the other resorts) it's important to know that it's very EARLY in the year, namely Jan 31st. So for AKV, there are 49 years elapsed left on the AKV contracts but everyone buying in this year still gets 50 sets of points.

Those with late UYs (Sep, Oct or Dec) may not have a lot of time to use up that last set of points. With an Oct UY, I would want to be in borrowing mode in my last full year of ownership. But who knows what Disney might do in the waning years of these contracts to help owners use up their points. Even 2042 is a long way off so it's not worth worrying about at this point.

SSR is on track to sell out by the end of Summer 2007....so sayeth the guides, so sayeth the boards....

I believe that prices will be the same, as both are set to have a price increase.
I'll take that bet too. Maybe they'll do like they did with VWL and say it's sold out when it's not then open it back up later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter