Potential Tropical Cyclone 5 & The Parks

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
We are headed down Saturday.

For all of you Floridians who are experienced with these things,what is your "gut feeling" as to its Path?

If it does make a turn North,would it be about a week from today,before the Parks could be impacted?

Thanks

(I thought Elsa was just into Snow and Ice!lol)

I would monitor but not worry, proceed with your plans as scheduled. The most recent forecast track has the storm heading west towards the Gulf and missing most of mainland Florida, even the outermost portion of the storm cone of error barely touches the tip of South Florida.

Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you don't want to get wet. Doesn't look like much of a problem for central FL. It's moving fast which doesn't give it much chance to build strength, plus it has to cross over several areas of land which will also weaken it.

At this point, it's likely to move west into the gulf, and even if it steers over Florida, it's not likely to be at hurricane strength as it enters the peninsula down south - still unlikely to be any impact to central Florida other than some rain. If it comes through Florida starting at Tropical Storm, it would likely fade to depression or below by the time it crossed near or over Disney. I live down in South Florida near the coast, and it would be more likely to pass closer to my house than Disney - starting tomorrow I'll be at Disney and not particularly worried about the house!

doubtful it will even makes it way into central FL and even if it did, it would just be a rain event. And rn it's predicted to make landfall at 40mph, if it made it to Orlando, it would literally be like any other rainy summer day. Just might stick around a little longer.

I LOVE the optimism here! I woke up to the news of Elsa today. We leave July 2nd for 8 days and my 40th birthday (Sunday). We've been to Disney seven times since 2015 and have not yet faced a hurricane or tropical storm. AND IT WON'T HAPPEN THIS YEAR EITHERRRRRRR!!

I'm supposed to arrive on Tuesday. I'm concerned but not overly worried. Last year we visited while Isaias was threatening FL and it was the only summer Disney trip I've been on where we didn't have any rain in our entire 5 days!

I'm supposed to arrive on Tuesday. I'm concerned but not overly worried. Last year we visited while Isaias was threatening FL and it was the only summer Disney trip I've been on where we didn't have any rain in our entire 5 days!
Ditto- we left early AM from SC that morning to avoid any rain on the drive down and it was totally quiet. I think we left at 5am, that was probably our earliest ever departure time.

We are headed down Saturday.

For all of you Floridians who are experienced with these things,what is your "gut feeling" as to its Path?

If it does make a turn North,would it be about a week from today,before the Parks could be impacted?

Thanks

(I thought Elsa was just into Snow and Ice!lol)
Thanks for posting this we leave early Saturday for 8 days 🤞
Thanks to all who responded and thankful the latest track shows it curving towards the gulf.

And when monitoring the storm’s potential path, remember that the edges of the cone are the potential path of the center of circulation, not the extent of the storm’s effects. For instance, at 6:45 PM today, the National Hurricane Center is forecasting that by next Tuesday the center of circulation could be anywhere from the east coast of Florida to near the middle of the Gulf, north of the Yucatán Peninsula.
5861521625189686751.png

Rule #7 - Don’t freak out

It’s definitely something to keep an eye on. Our local news stations are telling us to have our hurricane kits ready. But it’s that time of year where it should be ready.

I like to follow Brian Shields and Denis Phillips. I especially like Denis Phillips live, on his fb, usually around 7pm, he’ll do a live. I don’t freak out until Denis says it’s time to freak out.

We leave tomorrow. What plans does Disney have for this situation? Do we just bunker down in our rooms?

We leave tomorrow. What plans does Disney have for this situation? Do we just bunker down in our rooms?

Disney plays it by ear. CM will be behind the scenes getting ready for just in case.

It’s impossible to know if there will be any impact until closer. Models flip flop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter