Potentially planning a trip for the "new" family

v3rs3

Mouseketeer
Just wanted to get some other crazy DISers experiences or thoughts on my situation. I figured someone has been in it before.

Well I've been dating this girl for about 6 months now, she and her husband split last year. She was actually my first girlfriend and very first kiss in middle school (I know very sappy:love:). She has two daughters, currently 7 and 3, they've never been to Disney. They are great, I love them. I want so dearly to take them to Disney World with us. Although sometimes they can be a little much for me when we go out (very free spirited and I have some anxiety problems), even with my 9 year old son helping police them. haha:rotfl2: She is fine with my parenting style and her daughters even listen to me most of the time. My son and I are very laid back when we go at Disney, so I think I can roll with the punches.

Either way, I've been getting the itch to plan a new trip and my son says we must go for Halloween next year as it's the only holiday we haven't experienced at WDW. So I've agreed, but she is very stubborn about money being split and she doesn't think she could afford that. I have no problem paying for the entire trip. I was planning on renting DVC points for either Boardwalk Villas or Poly Villas.

I think the trip being over a year out will probably help b/c I can keep working on her stubbornness and we'll get much more comfortable being together. Worst case scenario, my son and I still go by ourselves as I'll already have paid for the DVC villa.

Anyone ever been in a similar situation, being part of a "new" family? How'd it go?

Just wanted to get some other crazy DISers experiences or thoughts on my situation. I figured someone has been in it before.

Well I've been dating this girl for about 6 months now, she and her husband split last year. She was actually my first girlfriend and very first kiss in middle school (I know very sappy:love:). She has two daughters, currently 7 and 3, they've never been to Disney. They are great, I love them. I want so dearly to take them to Disney World with us. Although sometimes they can be a little much for me when we go out (very free spirited and I have some anxiety problems), even with my 9 year old son helping police them. haha:rotfl2: She is fine with my parenting style and her daughters even listen to me most of the time. My son and I are very laid back when we go at Disney, so I think I can roll with the punches.

Either way, I've been getting the itch to plan a new trip and my son says we must go for Halloween next year as it's the only holiday we haven't experienced at WDW. So I've agreed, but she is very stubborn about money being split and she doesn't think she could afford that. I have no problem paying for the entire trip. I was planning on renting DVC points for either Boardwalk Villas or Poly Villas.

I think the trip being over a year out will probably help b/c I can keep working on her stubbornness and we'll get much more comfortable being together. Worst case scenario, my son and I still go by ourselves as I'll already have paid for the DVC villa.

Anyone ever been in a similar situation, being part of a "new" family? How'd it go?

I think it's too soon in your relationship to make plans a year and a half out. You're scaring her.

I agree with Sugardimples. October 2017 is a long way, away. If you and your son will definitely go, book the villa. You really don't need to make any other plans until 6 months out (for ADR's) and when the MNSSHP dates are released (if you are planning on going to that). IMHO, I would drop the whole thing and bring it up again, perhaps, 8 months before. Even then, you could always make ADR's for 5 and only show up with 2 if they end up not going. If someone I was only dating for 6 months was pressuring me to make plans 16 months from now, I think I would run for the hills.

I completely agree with other posters. This may be way too soon in the relationship to plan a ' family trip'. Hopefully this works out..

Yes, I didn't look at the date, sorry!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter