Power pass ok to use?

flbeachbum

Earning My Ears
When you make reservations - does the power pass give you the same rate as the annual pass holders? I have the Ent.book - and a loews card - - not sure which will give me the best deal - gonna read more on the boards to see if I can find out what you used to get your best rates. Thanks!

Yes, the power pass can be used for hotel discounts but not for food discounts in the parks.

I thought no at first, but since getting one I keep getting ads for AP holders which includes discounts and specials, esp. room discounts. I would think that if I wasn't eligible I wouldn't get the mailings. I did change my room rate recently to an APH rate from FAN club.

I modified my existing reservations for the RPH and the HRH this morning to change from the AAA rate to the annual passholders rate. Since I had not purchased the passes yet, I asked if I could get the rate with the power pass, or if I needed the premium pass. The fellow taking the reservation wasn't positive, so he gave me a number to call to get the "definitive" answer.

The "definitive" answer was that you need the premium pass for the hotel discount.

I know other people on this board have been told differently. I sure wish they would get their act together - if I wanted a different answer depending upon whom I spoke with I would go to Disney!:rolleyes:

Apparently if you ask the pass people they will tell you that you need the preferred pass. If you ask the hotel people, they will tell you that the power pass is fine. Who was the number that you called?

The first number that I called was 888-837-2273. This was the reservations number listed on my original hotel confirmation. They directed me to 800-889-7275, which I believe ws the annual passholders line.

That would explain it. The passholder people want everyone to buy the more expensive pass. Try calling the hotel directly if you are concerned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter