Power Up Band

katyringo

DIS Veteran
I'm doing a one day side trip to universal Hollywood to see super Mario world. I bought the early entry. I find it a bit annoying that they don't see the power up bands online or something to have before your trip. Is it a huge time suck to buy once there? I don't want to waste my early entry time getting the band, but I also want to have it before I do anything in the land.

They do sell them in City Walk in case you are nearby the night before. We bought ours in the park (although we weren't doing early entry). It only took a few minutes, but not sure if there would be lines to get them first thing. You could always enjoy your early entry time first and then get them later in the day?

We didn't purchase them (Gold edition is now $50+) and the mini games didn't seem that big of a deal to us. You would have to be a real fan to shell out the cash for those. We ate at Toadstool Cafe by getting a reservation that morning around 7:30 using the weblink and think that was a better investment/enjoyment.

We didn't purchase them (Gold edition is now $50+) and the mini games didn't seem that big of a deal to us. You would have to be a real fan to shell out the cash for those. We ate at Toadstool Cafe by getting a reservation that morning around 7:30 using the weblink and think that was a better investment/enjoyment.
Hello, yes... it's me.. a big fan. So I want the band. They also serve as an amibo for the Nintendo switch- unlocks game features.

Grab one in the first shop after the gates. I believe to the right is Feature Presentation. That should have the power bands. We bought two for our kids and I got them loaded on the app as we were making our way down the multiple sets of escalators. I had them up and running by the time we got to the entrance of Super Mario Land.

Grab one in the first shop after the gates. I believe to the right is Feature Presentation. That should have the power bands. We bought two for our kids and I got them loaded on the app as we were making our way down the multiple sets of escalators. I had them up and running by the time we got to the entrance of Super Mario Land.
This is what we did. There is a line specifically for the bands. It moves quickly and you tell the person at the cash register which one you want to buy.

We bought ours the night before at the Super Nintendo store at citywalk. We saw a lot of ppl buy them during early entry and setting them up while we were waiting to be walked down. Ppl will line up early at the gates for early entry but if you don’t just use the turnstiles to the farthest left to get you into the park the quickest.

I'm doing a one day side trip to universal Hollywood to see super Mario world. I bought the early entry. I find it a bit annoying that they don't see the power up bands online or something to have before your trip. Is it a huge time suck to buy once there? I don't want to waste my early entry time getting the band, but I also want to have it before I do anything in the land.
we were able to snag one while being queued on the upper lot, but thorugh the gate before we went down the escalator.

my 15 year old was able to set it up on the app while we were walking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter