Pre-Purchase Question Regarding "Use Year" - *Need Some Clarity*

Great insight, thank you! I also wondered if an August UY would work for me. I have gone several times in December for Christmas but it is not the norm. We also have a Feb and April break but I have never gone during that time...maybe when I retire! Our usual trek down is in August with that wonderful heat and humidity!! Thanks again!
Rule of thumb: Pick the month after the three-month period during which you're least likely to travel. For me, it's September. My banking deadline is April 30. I do like to go in May, but I know by end of April (or 30 days before my May date) if I'm going to need to cancel in order to bank by April 30.

The only downside to a use year the month or two before you travel is that you can’t walk a reservation over your use year - NBD for summer stays since competition for the summer isn’t bad unless you want AKV value or club, but more of a concern for someone hoping for a hard to get reservation like a point saving standard view studio the first 2 weeks in Dec. at a number of resorts. In OP’s case, w/ summer travel, the safety net of having a use year w/ time to bank/reschedule if they need to change plans outweighs the walking disadvantage IMO.

Rule of thumb: Pick the month after the three-month period during which you're least likely to travel. For me, it's September. My banking deadline is April 30. I do like to go in May, but I know by end of April (or 30 days before my May date) if I'm going to need to cancel in order to bank by April 30.
Understood....and since I do most of my traveling in August, a June UY would be ideal for me at this time. Thanks again for taking the time to help me out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter