pre-ship food or get delivered

fattymatty

Mouseketeer
Hey folks,

I was wondering if you guys have any thoughts on shipping dry foods and few other items or that its better hjust to have delivered from like garden groccer or publix etc

I can't imagine how much savings you'd really have after paying the shipping vs just getting a grocery delivery. We always get a delivery from Garden Grocer whenever we fly - but we include refrigerated items too such as fruit, creamer, milk, cream cheese, waffles etc. You can't really ship those items...

Do you find prices on garden grocer comparable? I also thought of simply taking an uber to Walmart, Ubers site says 7-10 bucks and since have never taken it could get 1 way free. just dont know how easy it would be to get picked up 45 minutes after drop off. requesting pickup at a certain time shouldnt be hard though.

I guess Publix delivers too but unsure how pticing compares on public delivery vs walmart in store

Do you find prices on garden grocer comparable? I also thought of simply taking an uber to Walmart, Ubers site says 7-10 bucks and since have never taken it could get 1 way free. just dont know how easy it would be to get picked up 45 minutes after drop off. requesting pickup at a certain time shouldnt be hard though.

I guess Publix delivers too but unsure how pticing compares on public delivery vs walmart in store

We have been using GG for several years. Their prices are a little higher than what we pay at home but it's worth it to me for the convenience of not having to take time out of my vacation to go thru the process of grocery shopping. I order EARLY for their discounts and set it up to be delivered just before I think we'll be arriving at our resort so it's there waiting on us at Bell Services. Plus we don't order THAT much (only do breakfasts "in"). We get a small amount of fresh fruit, cream cheese, margarine, waffles, bagels, milk, creamer, diet coke, wine, beer, maybe a case of water (we use the Brita water bottles so bottled water isn't a necessity). LOL most of what we spend is on alcohol. If we were renting a car or paying an Uber driver to take us I think it would negate any savings anyway.

You can always go onto the GG website and set up a cart to price things out...you don't have to finalize the order - just price it out.

We now use Publix, Instacart delivery service. The prices are a little higher but much less than eating in Disney restaurants.

:earsboy: Bill

Another vote for Garden Grocer. Pricier, but the convenience is worth it to me. I really prefer not to grocery shop on vacation if possible and since we fly, there are limits to what we can bring with us. We enjoy eating some meals "at home", so it makes it much easier to have a light snack or meal. The service is exceptional and highly recommended.

Dizzy Dolphin Delivery. Prices are higher than shopping yourself, but the service can't be beat (they will do their best to accommodate you). Awesome people, awesome service.

Garden Grocer is more expensive but like others have said for me it's all about convenience. I like seeing what's available and pricing upfront. The fact that I can send them my license so they can deliver beer without me being there is also a big plus.

I start filling my cart months in advance as I think of things.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter