pregnant, w/two little ones...

mmounsey

DIS Veteran
Ok, can I do this? DH has some work to do in Orlando so we will be there with him for over a week. Weekends he will be available and evenings as well....But, I do not want to stay cooped up in the hotel (staying offsite) the entire time.

At the time of our trip, I will be around 32 weeks pregnant, and have a 4 yr old and 2 yr old with me. I plan on getting a double stroller (umbrella double by Kolcraft is the current leader in that, but that is an entirely different post).

DH doesn't really want to do Epcot, but I missed it last year and would like to stop by for a little bit this trip. So can I do this?:confused:

I'm smiling because that was me in Oct. of 1990! I had a 4y10m ds, a 2y6m dd, and was 30 weeks pregnant! My (now ex-hus) had a business trip to Orlando and the chance was too good to pass up!! I did most of the park stuff solo with the kids because he was tied up in business. It was a while ago, but here's what I remember: I made sure my sneakers were well broken in, but not worn out. 2) I tried to do a relaxed trip. (Granted, then the Unofficial Guide touring plans weren't available!) I think it would be hard to try and cram all of that in without pacing yourself. You'll enjoy it more if it's at your pregnant bodies pace, not a tour book's pace. 3) water, water, water! I can't stress this enough! If you become dehydrated, you run the risk of having contractions related to dehydration! 4) Ask your OB/GYN for the name of an OB in the WDW area...just in case!! You can't be too careful! Just make sure your doc approves the trip! 5) Elevate your feet every night...(and afternoon too when you take an afternoon rest break!) 6) Enjoy!!!! This is a wonderful opportunity to have some really special time with your other kids before baby arrives!!! Have fun!!:bounce:

I was in a similar situation except for the pregnancy part. My girls were driving me crazy in the hotel room and I found the more we got out of there the better! I chose spots that we could go to without them having to get in and out of the carriage a lot-(probably
Animal Kingdom at Disney, shopping at the Marketplace (we could have spent hours in some of the stores alone) so I wouldn't have to worry about keeping my eyes on two little ones. And going on short outings worked well. We would head out for a couple of hours in the morning, get lunch and head for the hotel for an afternoon nap for everyone. Then you will all be recharged to join your husband at night.

Thanks for all the feedback...I am so looking forward to this trip and really don't want to spend all day cooped up in the room (especially since most of the trip we will be offsite).

Is there any way you could bring another adult (or a teen, maybe) with you?

Originally posted by Barb D
Is there any way you could bring another adult (or a teen, maybe) with you?

I'll have my dh with me during the evenings and weekends and may even hook up with some friends during the weekdays, but other than that, it's really not an option this time.

I only plan to do one park day during the week (more than likey Epcot, since dh wants to skip it this time around), and the rest of the time will be at downtown disney, or the boardwalk, and relaxing by the pool...so I don't plan on overdoing it.:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter