Premier access

jamdonnut

Earning My Ears
Having visited Disneyland California earlier this year loved genie plus was looking at premier access for our trip to Disneyland Paris in January, but was genuinely shocked at the price! Genie plus was $25 each and included photo pass I am right in thinking premier access is more than the actual tickets and doesn't include photo pass!!! How essential do you think it would be if we are visiting for one day on a Friday in the middle of January? TIA

Premier access comes in two forms- ultimate and individual, I would suggest downloading the Disneyland Paris app and watching the wait times and prices to get an idea of whether it will be worth it or not for you. The ultimate will definitely be expensive, but it includes a lot of rides I don't think you need it for. On the other hand, if you want to buy individual ones for more than 3-4 rides it might be better. It is a tough call, but your personal willingness to stand in line or not might be the deciding factor.

Last edited:
Thanks so you can add the entire premier access package when you are there based on the number of visitors/wait time? Or just for specific rides? Thanks

Premier access comes in two forms- ultimate and individual, I would suggest downloading the Disneyland Paris app and watching the wait times and prices to get an idea of whether it will be worth it or not for you. The ultimate will definitely be expensive, but it includes a lot of rides I don't think you need it for. On the other hand, if you want to buy individual ones for more than 3-4 rides it might be better. It is a tough call, but your personal willingness to stand in line or not might be the deciding factor.
Brilliant thanks for this advice

It will be slightly busier with people doing weekend trips, but January isn't a popular time to visit. My guess is you can do a lot without. Indeed maybe a handful of coasters where you could do it.

Also depends on what is important to you. If you do not enjoy parades and fireworks then that's the time to ride the big rides.

Agree with the suggestion to keep an eye on wait times and get a feel for when you might want to pay for Premier Access. On our last trip we only paid for it for Web Slingers since that was high waits all day, but other rides we were able to do with lower waits in the morning / evening rather than paying.

Photo pass in Paris is a bit disappointing compared to the US. We have great photos from WDW/DLR but I've only seen a couple of photo pass photographers taking photos in DLP. It includes your attraction photos (for the handful of rides offering them), but I wish there were more photographers around.

We went in July and didn't need any Premier Access (2 1/2 days, had early entry). Early entry was key for us as we were able to knock of the big rides like Crush (2x), Big Thunder etc. Never really waited more than 30 min? I am *not* a wait in a long line type of person but I also dislike having to pay a premium for something like PA. In January I can't imagine you would need it?

We are going next mid-June. I don't see any big holidays for Europe and I also don't like paying for the access, so we . We did use Genie+ ILL at WDW for a few things we definitely wanted though.

I can't find the price to Premier Access Ultimate anywhere on the website. Can someone point me in the right direction?

j

Pricing and tickets for both types of PA are via the app when you sign in. You link it to park tickets that you've already purchased. I believe that pricing may be dynamic: when I looked at it when we were at DLP (it had just been rolled out) it was around 100Euro per person

Individual rides are also dynamic - just take a peak at the app to get an idea

Thanks @RunnerMom71,

I knew individual rides were dynamic. Similar to WDW Lightning Lane, but I couldn't find pricing on Ultimate. 100E is a little much, especially since we often rope drop and will be staying on site with the extra magic hour.

I pulled down the app. My room booking shows in the app, but I can't link tickets until 7 days before arrival, correct?

j

We just left yesterday and it was a busy holiday week, even so very few rides had waits over 30 min, and those that did the wait times posted were usually longer than what the line really was. I would only purchase individual ones, all of the full day passes while we were here were more than 120 Euros.

Do you need to add the ultimate ahead of time or can you add the day of? Is each park separate? We are going the week before Easter so I expect the crowds to be extremely high. I am not sure if I should just wait and see what its like when we get there or make plans to purchase ahead of time. I hate to spend the extra money, especially since it is so expensive and we may not need it.

We’ll be arriving on april 24 (Monday) at Cheyenne Hotel, aprox 11am. After leaving luggage and picking passes at hotel, we will go to the Studios. Yes only monday afternoon for Studios but that's all the time we have (whole tuesday in D. Park).

I see I can do the check-in in advance (within 7 days before) to save time. I think I’ll buy premier access for only one ride at Studios, probably Ratatouille. I read one can buy the access early in the morning, but my question is, since I’ll get the passes at 11am or noon, can I buy early in the morning that day? I mean before arriving at the hotel? Or is Premier Access available only after they give us the passes?

I would probably wait to buy the Premier Access pass for Ratatouille. The ride isn't as new in Paris as it is in WDW, so the queues aren't anywhere near as bad - you might get lucky and find a wait under 20 minutes. And even if the wait is long, the single rider line is rarely more than 5-10 minutes in my experience.

We’ll be arriving on april 24 (Monday) at Cheyenne Hotel, aprox 11am. After leaving luggage and picking passes at hotel, we will go to the Studios. Yes only monday afternoon for Studios but that's all the time we have (whole tuesday in D. Park).

I see I can do the check-in in advance (within 7 days before) to save time. I think I’ll buy premier access for only one ride at Studios, probably Ratatouille. I read one can buy the access early in the morning, but my question is, since I’ll get the passes at 11am or noon, can I buy early in the morning that day? I mean before arriving at the hotel? Or is Premier Access available only after they give us the passes?
Yes, if you are only going to buy one Premier Access in de Studios, make it Crush Coaster. The value is much higher than any other ride, as in you will save the most time.

I cannot answer your other question. It doesn't say on the website that you need a ticket, which would make sense. But either way, you can try it in the morning to see if it works. If not, you'll have to go by the hotel first.

Last edited:
My guess is you'll have to wait until you scan into the park before you can buy single ride premier access. Also recommend Crush's Coaster an just wait for ratatouille ride times

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter