Premium Annual Passes for DVC Members for $399!

I just bought the passes last week and bought one for my nephew who lives with me and different last name. They didn't ask any questions. When they asked the names for the passes, I gave all our names, when I got to his and they said same last name, I said no and just gave the name. No questions asked.

Wonderful! Thank you..

I just bought a $500 gift card. I went online to purchase my pass and it's only giving me the option of Disney Rewards Card or Credit Card in the cart. How do I use a gift card? thanks!

I am getting ready to purchase 4 PAP's.

I recently purchased a bunch of $50 gift cards (via the "Target deal") and was wondering if I could use multiple GC's to purchase the PAP? So basically use 9 $50 GC's to cover the $425 total cost of a PAP.

I've read a few posts that you can use only two forms of payment (for example 1 $50 gift card and the rest on a credit card); is this correct?

I have also read that you can call the Gift card phone number and they will combine several gift cards into one; is this correct?

...just trying to figure out my plan of attack and not be wasting phone calls and time...

Thanks for any answers and suggestions!

Evan

I just bought a $500 gift card. I went online to purchase my pass and it's only giving me the option of Disney Rewards Card or Credit Card in the cart. How do I use a gift card? thanks!

You have to call MS to purchase with a gift card.

:earsboy: Bill

otterpop said:
I am getting ready to purchase 4 PAP's.

I recently purchased a bunch of $50 gift cards (via the "Target deal") and was wondering if I could use multiple GC's to purchase the PAP? So basically use 9 $50 GC's to cover the $425 total cost of a PAP.

I've read a few posts that you can use only two forms of payment (for example 1 $50 gift card and the rest on a credit card); is this correct?

I have also read that you can call the Gift card phone number and they will combine several gift cards into one; is this correct?

...just trying to figure out my plan of attack and not be wasting phone calls and time...

Thanks for any answers and suggestions!

Evan

I tried calling the phone number to have my gift cards combined and they wouldn't do it. I called several times and was always told no. I know I read on the Dis of people who were successful at having them combined but YMMV.

You have to call MS to purchase with a gift card.

:earsboy: Bill

Thanks - I'll call tomorrow. I feel like I'm walking around with $500 cash in my purse, I'm so afraid I'll lose it! I just scanned a copy just in case (already scratched off the pin)!

keishashadow said:
Also, i had inquired as to purchasing a voucher for my youngest DS (a college student 'adult' whose legal address is still our home). The CM indicated that we would have to be present to redeem the voucher.:confused3 Bit of an issue since he was considering a spring break trip sans parents and would need the ticket then. Otherwise, we were told unless he was added to the membership (to obtain his own membership card) he couldn't redeem the voucher.

If you call another day at another time you are likely to get another answer. When I purchased my PAPs at MK, the CM told me having my son activate his voucher later would not be a problem. I purchased his voucher online and I plan to send a copy of my drivers license with my membership card with him. The back of the voucher has our last name, what more proof can they want?
My sister called to order her DS a PAP today. She spoke with a supervisor who put a note in a file and gave her some confirmation numbers so her son can activate his pass- the supervisor also told her to send a copy of her membership card with him.
I guess we'll see what really happens when the kids get there. But I plan to be a phone call away when my son activates his voucher. I will get on the phone with Guest Services and escalate as high as necessary if there are any issues. After all, the address tied to my member # is the same as on my DS license.

Cheshire Figment said:
What you paid to UCT does not matter in the equation at all.

Adult six day base = $278, child = $260.

Upgrade cost is $121 + $7.87 tax = $128.87 each adult and $139 + $9.04 tax = $148.04 each child

I went to the MK ticket window today to upgrade and I had your notes out checking the cost. The CM did it perfectly, no problems at all. Thanks!

I have a PAP that expires in May. I am going to WDW in a week. Can I buy the DVC PAP voucher From Guest Services, while there to be activated after my current PAP expires? Or does that activate a ticket when I purchase in person?

I am so confused.

I have a PAP that expires in May. I am going to WDW in a week. Can I buy the DVC PAP voucher while there to be activated after my current PAP expires? Or does that activate a ticket when I purchase in person?

I am so confused.

You can purchase a voucher (not a pass) next week and activate it before 12/31/13.

Has Disney ever done something like this before? We are not DVC members yet but will be mid next year. Just checking to see if this has ever happened before?

A few years ago they had a special promotion where a current Passholder could provide (a limited number of) referrals for others to get APs. The new APs were sold at a 10% discount and at the end of the promotion the current Passholders received a $25 Gift Card for each AP sold using their referrals.

Another recent promotion was AP renewals during a certain period would be renewed for 15 months instead of the normal 12, at the regular renewal price.

Has anyone asked this? The CM at the ticket window at the TTC told me in Sept that you renew and pay the price paid on the original AP - so if you buy an AP and keep renewing, you are always paying the original price, not the current price. Is that really how it works, and would that work to keep getting this price on the PAP? It would be nice, but I'm not betting on it!

Has anyone asked this? The CM at the ticket window at the TTC told me in Sept that you renew and pay the price paid on the original AP - so if you buy an AP and keep renewing, you are always paying the original price, not the current price. Is that really how it works, and would that work to keep getting this price on the PAP? It would be nice, but I'm not betting on it!

I think there's some confusion. What they probably meant that if you are renewing an AP, you would pay the same $399 DVC promo price as if you were buying a new AP. You don't keep the same price next year when renewing unless they extend the promo.

Well, no. I wasn't told that for the $399 deal. I was told that b/c we let our AP's expire from 2011-2012. So he said that if we renewed then we would get the 2011 price, not the 2012 price - just regular AP, not PAP. Was wondering if the same principal would apply for the PAP upon renewal of it.

You might want to look at the Everything About WDW Tickets locked sticky in the TPA&S Forum. Especially the items bolded in the list below.

Post and Contents

1. This Table of Contents
2. Magic Your Way (MYW) Ticket Basics Including Definitions
3. Annual Passes and Water Park Tickets
4. Tickets Available Only to Florida Residents
5. Tickets Not Available to the General Public
6. Upgrading MYW Tickets (Not to Annual Passes)
7. Upgrading Tickets to Annual Passes
8. Dealing With Tickets Issued Prior to 1 January 2005 (Pre-MYW)
9. Children and Adults
10. Special Events
11. Comprehensive MYW Ticket Example
12. Hotel Card (Key To The World (KTTW))
13. Lost Tickets
14. Finger Scans
15. Frequently Asked Ticket Questions.
15A. Hopping Rules
15B. WPF&M With No Expire
15C. No Expire Upgrades
15D. Upgrading an Unused Ticket
15E. Upgrading Special Tickets
15F. Checking on Old Tickets
15G. Renewing Annual Passes
15H. Upgrading a Completely Used Ticket
15I. Getting Park Tickets Before Package Start Date
15J. Upgrading After Departure

Page Two of the Sticky

16. 2012 MNSSHP and MVMCP Information
17. 2012/2013 Armed Forces Salute Tickets
18A. Prices Effective June 3, 2012
18B. Per Day Pricing for Ticket Combinations
18C. How to Save Money on Annual Pass Purchases
19A. "Free" Tickets and Special Promotions
19B. Special DVC Member Premium Annual Pass Promotion
20. Ticket Purchase/Upgrade Locations and Telephones
21. Florida Resident Installment Purchases of Annual Passes

To get there directly, follow the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

Just closed 12-12-12 on a resale :banana:is it to late in the month to get PAP discount I was told it would take 4-6 weeks for MS to get our information.

I looked at the sticky. Thanks! Very helpful. Not sure I understand at which rate this promotional PAP would renew at? Can you clarify? Thanks! For example, I buy the deal at the end of this month. Validate in Sept 2013. when I renew that in Sept 2014, what price will I pay?

Just closed 12-12-12 on a resale :banana:is it to late in the month to get PAP discount I was told it would take 4-6 weeks for MS to get our information.

They could very well get the info sooner than that. I'd phone MS before the end of the year and speak to the department which handles administration of new memberships (in other words, not the person who helps with reservations and ticket sales) to see if they have your info yet. Make sure you have your contract number and all other info provided from the closing from your broker and closing office.

I looked at the sticky. Thanks! Very helpful. Not sure I understand at which rate this promotional PAP would renew at? Can you clarify? Thanks! For example, I buy the deal at the end of this month. Validate in Sept 2013. when I renew that in Sept 2014, what price will I pay?

You'll pay the 2014 renewal price, whatever that is. I'd count on a price increase before then. There hasn't been any announcement yet about the extension of the DVC PAP deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter