"Premium" character meal

kaoden39

<font color=peach>Prayers and pixie dust from your
Hi!

We did something that we never do, we booked a package through Costco. With this we get a "premium" character meal. The only thing I know is that this is at either Goofy's or Ariel's. I also know that it doesn't work for WoC meals. My question for you is does Ariel's sell non WoC meals diring lunch or dinner? My oldest daughter is not a breakfast fan so we would definitely shoot for lunch or dinner.

The Princesses only appear at Ariel's Grotto during breakfast or lunch, so if you wanted to do a dinner character meal, it would have to be at Goofy's Kitchen.

On the World of Color dining page of Disneyland.com they only mention Dinner as an option at Ariel's Grotto, it does not appear they offer a WOC lunch like Carthay Circle and Wine Country Trattoria.

Hope that helps!

The Princesses only appear at Ariel's Grotto during breakfast or lunch, so if you wanted to do a dinner character meal, it would have to be at Goofy's Kitchen.

On the World of Color dining page of Disneyland.com they only mention Dinner as an option at Ariel's Grotto, it does not appear they offer a WOC lunch like Carthay Circle and Wine Country Trattoria.

Hope that helps!

That does help. I wanted to make sure that we had at least a lunch option for the meal. Thank you!!

Just so you know, you can use the character meal vouchers like cash at any of the non-quick serve restaurants. Just be sure if you total is $50 only use 1 voucher. You will notice each voucher for an adult is worth $45 or something close to that, so use the amount of vouchers that comes close to your total without going over. In that way you can use them for more than 1 meal or you should be able to put them towards the total cost of the WOC dining package and just pay the difference.
I was told this by a CM when I called to make a payment on my travel package.
I hope this all makes sense! LOL!

Just so you know, you can use the character meal vouchers like cash at any of the non-quick serve restaurants. Just be sure if you total is $50 only use 1 voucher. You will notice each voucher for an adult is worth $45 or something close to that, so use the amount of vouchers that comes close to your total without going over. In that way you can use them for more than 1 meal or you should be able to put them towards the total cost of the WOC dining package and just pay the difference.

Oh that is very cool! So instead of one character meal we can spread over different meals. That's great! Thank you!

I was just about to post this. We like to order from Costco for the Premium Dining because someone on this board mentioned this last year and it does work! Like if Ariel's Grotto is $39.99 and you have the voucher, we take it to Carthay Circle and use that amount of $ toward it instead toward WOC packages.

I wish I remember whom originally mentioned it because it's such a great secret!

I was just about to post this. We like to order from Costco for the Premium Dining because someone on this board mentioned this last year and it does work! Like if Ariel's Grotto is $39.99 and you have the voucher, we take it to Carthay Circle and use that amount of $ toward it instead toward WOC packages.

I wish I remember whom originally mentioned it because it's such a great secret!

This is fantastic!! I'm so glad I asked!! We were wanting to go to Carthay Circle more because we're all grown ups.

Here is the restriction on the character vouchers: "Not valid for World of Color Dinner Packages at Ariel's Grotto or Wine County Trattoria, but may be applied up to its retail price at select full-service or counter-service restaurant at the Disneyland Resort." It does not restrict Carthay Circle WOC apparently.

Here is the restriction on the character vouchers: "Not valid for World of Color Dinner Packages at Ariel's Grotto or Wine County Trattoria, but may be applied up to its retail price at select full-service or counter-service restaurant at the Disneyland Resort." It does not restrict Carthay Circle WOC apparently.

I'm also going to assume that it means that the aFantasmic meals would not be eligible either. Which makes sense. Thank you.

I'm also going to assume that it means that the aFantasmic meals would not be eligible either. Which makes sense. Thank you.
I would call and ask since it does not restrict Fantasmic packages outright. Find out what the select full service and counter service restaurants are.

I would call and ask since it does not restrict Fantasmic packages outright. Find out what the select full service and counter service restaurants are.

I'm going to call today to find out. Then I'll post my findings.

We've used our vouchers at Cafe Orleans, Storyteller's (non-character meal), Blue Bayou, the cafeteria-type place by the Symphony Swings in DCA...most places will take them, actually, but not food carts.

We've used our vouchers at Cafe Orleans, Storyteller's (non-character meal), Blue Bayou, the cafeteria-type place by the Symphony Swings in DCA...most places will take them, actually, but not food carts.

Thank you!

I called Disney Dining today. The CM told me that the vouchers can be used for any meal other than WoC or Fantasmic.

Thank you everyone for your help!

I called Disney Dining today. The CM told me that the vouchers can be used for any meal other than WoC or Fantasmic.

Thank you everyone for your help!

EXCEPT That I have used mine at Carthay Circle for WOC many times!! So I would ask for clarification.

So the policy changed with Costco Travel on May 20th! And you CAN NOT use it for WOC at ANY restaurant "because of the 60th anniversary and the expected attendance" according to my TA.

So sorry I spoke too soon but that was always my experience and I've not been since the 60th.

But you can use at any restaurant toward your dining. I would recommend doing a WOC lunch to pay with cash then having a CC dinner to use the vouchers

I will post the restriction on my tickets when I get a chance. I have them at home.

Thank you!

So the policy changed with Costco Travel on May 20th! And you CAN NOT use it for WOC at ANY restaurant "because of the 60th anniversary and the expected attendance" according to my TA.

So sorry I spoke too soon but that was always my experience and I've not been since the 60th.

But you can use at any restaurant toward your dining. I would recommend doing a WOC lunch to pay with cash then having a CC dinner to use the vouchers

I can understand the change. I bet there's a big crowd. If we do a WoC meal it will definitely be at lunch. Thank you!

This is the back of my Premium Character Dining Voucher. I received it this week and was included as part of the Costco Travel Package. It is one of the reasons I buy from Costco.

So, the primary "value" is for the Adult meal at Ariel's or Goofy's for the Character Meal, including tax and tip. But it can be used for any other in-park food or beverage, other than World of Color DINNERS, assuming you don't expect any change.

So, my plan is to use them when we eat more than $45 of food and beverage, exclusive of alcohol.

Prem-Char-Dining.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter