• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pressed pennies?

kitkat4622

DIS Veteran
How do you keep track of ones you already have without bringing the book with them in it to the parks with you

Spreadsheet in Google Docs, so it's on my phone. I put the ones we need at the top of the list. I sort it by park or resort. Also, presscoins.com has pdf lists and checklists.

I had found maps of the penny press for each park. It was a couple of years ago so i don't remember the exact website. we kept that with us and used it to check off what we got. I don't think that we ended up with any doubles and we hit a ton of machines!

As above, presscoins is a great place to go. However, the information changes and keeping track became difficult. Before my June trip, I need to go through the list of active machines and scratch off the ones I have. As pointed out, Google Docs is a good place to go. Having that active is easy to manage. I have about 500 to get marked off.

I do wish PressCoins would make their information available by spreadsheet. It makes it much easier to track it as a database instead of a checklist.

Last edited:

I use presscoins and just make myself a list of what ones I want/need before going. I either put the quarters / pennies in M&M mini tubes or separate everything out into baggies and label them so I can keep track while i'm there.

Spreadsheet in Google Docs, so it's on my phone. I put the ones we need at the top of the list. I sort it by park or resort. Also, presscoins.com has pdf lists and checklists.

I am old school so I just have a spreadsheet that I print out and stick into a pocket in my bag. Also have a pen with me so I can write the new ones in. Very simple to do.

In the past I printed out maps of the locations of the coin machines and would cross off ones i had. Those maps are very out of date though. My next trip is in June and I'm looking for a new way to keep track. I think I'm leaning towards using presscoins and creating a Google doc of ones I have and where I think they came from.

I do keep my coin books organized by location, I think I have 2 for each park and then 1 for "misc" - hotels and Disney Skeins.

I use presscoins.com as well and just highlight the ones we have or this time we took a picture of them in our books as I didn't have time to print out, that worked out well because sometimes the descriptions can be confusing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter