pressed pennies

goofie

Earning My Ears
I'm wondering if it matters what kind of pennies to use, canadian or american? I have also read somewhere that certain years are better than others. Any information would be appreciated.
THANKS!!!!!
Leaving in less than 2 weeks!!!!!!:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Sorry I cannot comment on the canadian coin thing. We always use new pennies from the year we attended. I know you cannot tell after they are pressed but i use different books for each visit.

Hi goofie. the best coins to use are US coins from before 1982. They seem to take the press the best. Someone on the boards (I can't remember who to thank them for the tip.. but if you are reading.. THANK YOU) gave me a hint about using KETCHUP to clean them.. and it worked. The pennies I found from before 1982 that were less than perfect cleaned up like new after I soaked them in a litte ketchup for about a minute or two and rinsed them in warm water.
Hope this helps!
Have a great trip!
:hyper:

We used a Canadian penny and it didn't press it smooth.
I noticed the reverse and saw it didn't quite press it smooth.
I don't know what the difference is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter