Priceline Express Deals

Just curious .. when trying to look at Hotwire hot deals or PLE while trying to book a Disney resort, would not having resort fees at checkout a clear indication that it is is a Disney resort (as they don’t charge resort fees) or am I wrong with that assumption.. thanks

Last edited:
Just curious .. when trying to look at Hotwire hot deals or PLE while trying to book a Disney resort, would not having resort fees at checkout a clear indication that it is is a Disney resort (as they don’t charge resort fees) or am I wrong with that assumption.. thanks
Mostly correct. ;)

Two issues with using the resort fees as an absolute clue:

1. I haven't seen it happen since last year, but there was a time where a fair portion of the time Priceline Express would not include the "mandatory fee" (aka resort fee) line on a deal I clearly could tell was a resort that does have a fee.
It was just often enough to make that a questionable clue for IDing a resort.

Also, even if they do include the fee, Priceline sometimes randomizes the resort fee amounts so you can't always count on those as a specific resort tell, but they do tend to use the same couple of values for each resort.
I try to keep track of them in the resort comments of my PE resort matcher.)

Perhaps more importantly: Priceline's Terms of Service fine print says even if they don't say there is a resort fee on a hidden deal, you are still liable for it at check in!

ii. There are a few non-Disney resorts that do not charge a resort fee either: off the top of my head, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Orlando Bonnet Creek, Four Seasons(?).

So, IMHO the best tactic is to use Star, guest ratings and location as primary clues, review counts and a resort fee *amount* as secondary clues, amenities as a tie breaker, all other things being equal. (Which would be rare.)
(Also note: amenities can be dead wrong on hidden deals, but Airport Shuttle appearing on a HotRate deal is a strong Disney indicator.)

Interesting (and sad): Looks like ALL Disney resorts have dropped off of Hotwire today, hidden deals or not. I've searched dates in March and April that previously had HotRates and nothing.
Also checked some random days out in summer just to see if non-hidden deals would appear, but nope. (Swolphin still out there, but of course are technically Marriott, and not great rates in any case.)

April Priceline Express deals still out there for the taking, though.

Thanks so much for such detailed reply . One other question .. For Priceline express deals (as you mentioned Hotwire is not available) so should we just check the bonnet creek or even Disney springs to see if we can get yacht club or any other deluxe resorts for 4 days towards end of April

Interesting (and sad): Looks like ALL Disney resorts have dropped off of Hotwire today, hidden deals or not. I've searched dates in March and April that previously had HotRates and nothing.
Also checked some random days out in summer just to see if non-hidden deals would appear, but nope. (Swolphin still out there, but of course are technically Marriott, and not great rates in any case.)

April Priceline Express deals still out there for the taking, though.
Thank you for the information. It is so helpful. I knew I should of grabbed CRS when it was on. Do you see anything for Disney in Price line for 3/29 to 4/1.

Thanks so much for such detailed reply . One other question .. For Priceline express deals (as you mentioned Hotwire is not available) so should we just check the bonnet creek or even Disney springs to see if we can get yacht club or any other deluxe resorts for 4 days towards end of April
At this point you'll only likely see Disney deals in Bonnet Creek as the DS resorts aren't open yet.

I outlined the deals I found in my last blog post, the calendar should give you a quick idea of what you might find.
At that time I only saw YC on a single day and since then I'm not even sure that's out there. But, Priceline can be funny and show you different deals depending on your start and end dates, so if you try various windows of dates you might see additional deals.

While I did see deals for Deluxe Disney resorts out there on PE in April, they weren't really good deals - maybe $35 or so off of a mid $400s rate at the Grand Floridian or Bay Lake Tower, e.g.
For a non-refundable hidden deal, I personally want to see a much better discount to offset the risk I'm taking vs just booking something refundable with Disney directly.
Definitely compare the all-in Priceline pricing with the taxes and fees included to the current Disney deals for the same dates - some of these April hidden deals are actually the same or more than Disney with the 35% off discount.

If you do look over there, you may not see the Deluxe deals show in initial search results - you'll likely have to click whatever 4-star resort deal in Bonnet Creek shows up, then you'll see them pop up as additional BC deals below that or down on the deal tab that opens up. Good luck!

Thank you for the information. It is so helpful. I knew I should of grabbed CRS when it was on. Do you see anything for Disney in Price line for 3/29 to 4/1.
Sadly, there are PE hidden deals showing for those dates at AoA, CSR and some deluxes - but if you do the math, they do not seem to be anywhere near good deals compared to Disney's current discounts.
For example, the CSR hidden deal is $218 before taxes and fees, while Disney's with current discount is $223. When you inn Priceline's fees to that, the non-refundable deal is likely more!

The good deals for Pop, some Movies and CSR on Priceline are starting around April 1st. You'll see some Deluxe deals appear on various dates, but they are high $ and probably are also not savings over Disney pricing. Definitely work out the math after all taxes and fees are added in just in case.

Sadly, there are PE hidden deals showing for those dates at AoA, CSR and some deluxes - but if you do the math, they do not seem to be anywhere near good deals compared to Disney's current discounts.
For example, the CSR hidden deal is $218 before taxes and fees, while Disney's with current discount is $223. When you inn Priceline's fees to that, the non-refundable deal is likely more!

The good deals for Pop, some Movies and CSR on Priceline are starting around April 1st. You'll see some Deluxe deals appear on various dates, but they are high $ and probably are also not savings over Disney pricing. Definitely work out the math after all taxes and fees are added in just in case.
Club1hotels has Coronado a little cheaper

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210312-122243.png
    Screenshot_20210312-122243.png
    179.7 KB · Views: 31
Nice!
I've seen travel blogs post links to free "Silver" memberships to Club1Hotels - is that all you need to get those hotel discounts, or do you have to upgrade to a paid level?
We got a free membership via my BFs work. I think there are free options to join. If not I was able to get a free signups link I posted on Dis before from the guy I have used to book thru at Club1. It's a generic link anyone can sign up thru and didn't require any sort of credit card. Their website it VERY wonky....but once u learn it it's got some great values. Let me know if youd like me to reach out to him to get the free signups link....or if you have any questions in navigating the site.....it's 10x worse than Disney IT.....but have booked 10+ trips thru them so always try and recommend them.

The Disney Hotwire deals came back online - I just went in and checked your dates again and now see CSR for those dates for $132 per night, which is a pretty great deal right now.
(Earlier in the week CSR was going for $154 starting on the 1st!)

...And: Hotwire deals are back! Looks like some things moved around - some CSR deals later in month may be missing, but looks like some Pop days were added early in April -
Better news: all of the prices seem to have dropped at least a few dollars - one Pop day (4/18) went from $138 to $94!
Not sure of the extent of the drop yet.

...And: Hotwire deals are back! Looks like some things moved around - some CSR deals later in month may be missing, but looks like some Pop days were added early in April -
Better news: all of the prices seem to have dropped at least a few dollars - one Pop day (4/18) went from $138 to $94!
Not sure of the extent of the drop yet.
Do tell more! What exactly should we be searching for

Do tell more! What exactly should we be searching for
In general, April's deals include Pop, Coronado, and Yacht Club. All are in Bonnet Creek,
Pop is a 3-star, 4.4-guest rated
Coronado is 3.5-star, 4.3-guest
YC is 4-star, 4.5-guest (For some reason is listed as "New to Hotwire Hotel", has some incorrect amenities: Free Parking and Beachfront.)

You can see a calendar of the deals I found with some search tactics and examples of how each resort looks here.

Has anyone had issues lately linking PLE reservations to MDE?

I have been on the phone with both PL and Disney Wholesale daily since Thurs trying to get my reservation linked. Disney says they don't have it, nothing pending. PL says they sent it. And sent it again for Disney to manually input call back tomorrow? Heard the same story twice now. Waiting for my call back from PL as Disney confirmed still nothing. Today Disney did tell me they'd communicated with Agoda? (PL booking vendor?), but they are not a 3rd party retailer so it needs to come from PL. Just don't want my room to be lost. And need to make sure PL doesn't try to change to a different resort, need to sleep 5 and very excited about YC. Luckily haven't cancelled my other CBR yet.

Any advice on resolving or PL will compensate for troubles - its taken about 5 hours so far...

Last edited:
Any advice on resolving or PL will compensate for troubles - its taken about 5 hours so far...
I heard of someone else having a similar issue with a CSR booking from Priceline this week. Wasn't resolved yet as of yesterday, did yours get fixed?
If you haven't tried them yet, the Disney Wholesale CMs are usually better at getting these transactions done than regular CMs.
Disney Wholesale Department at 1-407-939-7671

(Before the pandemic Wholesale started telling people they couldn't work directly with customers anymore, but then they walked that back. Hopefully it is still the case as recent reports have shown.)

I heard of someone else having a similar issue with a CSR booking from Priceline this week. Wasn't resolved yet as of yesterday, did yours get fixed?
If you haven't tried them yet, the Disney Wholesale CMs are usually better at getting these transactions done than regular CMs.
Disney Wholesale Department at 1-407-939-7671

(Before the pandemic Wholesale started telling people they couldn't work directly with customers anymore, but then they walked that back. Hopefully it is still the case as recent reports have shown.)

No, it is not yet fixed. PL is telling me an additional 3-5 days to get back to me. Is YC even gonna have availability then?? That is my big concern. Ideally, I would also like to get a cabana rental which I can't do until reservation is confirmed.

I have been in direct contact with Disney wholesale. They have been very patient and understanding with my daily calls. When I spoke to them this morning, they let me know they have been waiting since Sunday for an email response from PL confirming my reservation. I don't get what is so hard about it, but it is a complicated mess!! (and to top things off I can't talk to anyone at PL today b/c of winter storms) - Thanks for listening to my little rant. I was so excited about the deal and YC, but this is just stressful.

No, it is not yet fixed. PL is telling me an additional 3-5 days to get back to me. Is YC even gonna have availability then?? That is my big concern. Ideally, I would also like to get a cabana rental which I can't do until reservation is confirmed.

I have been in direct contact with Disney wholesale. They have been very patient and understanding with my daily calls. When I spoke to them this morning, they let me know they have been waiting since Sunday for an email response from PL confirming my reservation. I don't get what is so hard about it, but it is a complicated mess!! (and to top things off I can't talk to anyone at PL today b/c of winter storms) - Thanks for listening to my little rant. I was so excited about the deal and YC, but this is just stressful.
Oof, that stinks.
If possible, I would personally try getting various Priceline people on chat until someone pushes the right buttons.
AFAIK Most of these deals link with few issues, but when they do have issues it can sure be a runaround.

You mind emailing me with your details? I'm having the same problem and I'm going to contact PL's media relations team: len@touringplans.com.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter