Priceline Express Deals

Actually, the database has it as Disney Springs, not Bonnet Creek. And if you never saw it as a transparent deal, how did you know it was 4* 4.4 rated with 395 reviews? It's possible you never saw it as an opaque deal before, but shouldn't the area on the transparent deal match the one on the opaque deal? Unfortunately, I am not finding it as a transparent deal to see what that says, but then I am still having trouble finding many transparent deals at all.
Ha, you are correct, I wrote that poorly: I meant I may have never seen a hidden deal for it. I just checked my database and I have not seen any SSR hidden deals on Hotwire.

There have been resorts where the non-hidden deals show up in their correct location, but the hidden deals show up in another. Likely has to do with a sync issue between the database where they pull info for the resort pages and another for the HotRates. You see the mismatches in action when a resort guest rating changes, like happened for CSR and Movies at the start of the year: Until the reset a few weeks ago, the resort pages had the latest ratings, but the deals showed the old one.

Meanwhile when it comes to reviews: They are pulled from Expedia, but seem to have their own magical sync schedule. The ones on Hotwire move around like ping pong balls both up and down. Sometimes can be hundreds of reviews difference between Expedia and HW - then *bam* they sync up.

When a resort doesn't appear in deals very often (BC Villas, for example) - I'll use the latest info from the resort page for guest ratings and Expedia for reviews. Because of the inconsistent syncs, that info may be different than actually appears on a deal if one happened to show up, but I figure it is better than using the numbers I may have seen several months earlier.

BTW, I made all of the resort names and the review counts links to those source pages so people could visit them themselves and double check the values. I try to keep things up to date in the database, but with the review counts moving all over the place, that would be a full time job to do daily.

Nerd alert: I've tried setting up a scraper to pull that info automagically, but their site doesn't play well with scrapers, or my skillz are lacking. I had really nice methods to grab Priceline data for awhile then they changed the site up. Ain't nobody got time for that. :D

Oh, by the way: if you are using the apps and haven't tried it in awhile: my iPad stopped getting deals awhile back too, even after a few uninstalls and reinstalls.
I tried another uninstall last night while helping someone and since then my iPad is getting all of the deals my Android phone has been all along. Might be worth a shot.

Hopefully they've finally realized they borked the system.

Desktop browser is still DOA for me on Hotwire.

I'm going in July and I see that Priceline has the new Swan Reserve as an option for $263 and the regular rate listed as $700+ per night. Does anybody think this is a good deal? There aren't even photos of the rooms yet, just artist renderings.
I cannot book the Swan Reserve for July using their official website.

The Dolphin AAA rate seems to average about $211/night for mid July.

The Swan Reserve AAA rate shows up as about $283/night in mid September. The Dolphin is $235/night for those same dates.

I'm going in July and I see that Priceline has the new Swan Reserve as an option for $263 and the regular rate listed as $700+ per night. Does anybody think this is a good deal? There aren't even photos of the rooms yet, just artist renderings.
I think that Priceline has the Swan confused with the new Swan Reserve. The listing for the Swan is missing and replaced by the Swan Reserve. The room types and photos are for the Swan, not the yet to open Swan Reserve. Though Marriott's website states that the Reserve is scheduled to open July 2021, there are no reservations currently being accepted for dates earlier than September. That may change about 60 days prior to actual opening. Also, how can Priceline provide guest ratings and reviews for a property that will not open for months?

Screenshot 2021-04-25 at 9.30.38 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-04-25 at 9.25.21 PM.png

Attachments

• 1619403253574.png
    1619403253574.png
    488.8 KB · Views: 2
I think that Priceline has the Swan confused with the new Swan Reserve. The listing for the Swan is missing and replaced by the Swan Reserve. The room types and photos are for the Swan, not the yet to open Swan Reserve. Though Marriott's website states that the Reserve is scheduled to open July 2021, there are no reservations currently being accepted for dates earlier than September. That may change about 60 days prior to actual opening. Also, how can Priceline provide guest ratings and reviews for a property that will not open for months?

View attachment 570507

View attachment 570508
Yes! It has been showing rooms at the “Swan Reserve” for weeks now. Even ones bookable in March and April, even though it isn’t even open yet.

I agree. I got all excited when I saw it available in May. We were about to book it and decided to google first, which is when I saw it's not actually open until July.

In my family's classic Disney fashion, we just rearranged our trip and switched to a Hotwire Hot Deal. I got Coronado next month for 7 nights for $173/night. Score! How long does it normally take before you can link your reservation? I got the confirmation number but it's obviously not in Disney's system yet. I need to link it before I can cancel my current booked stay and get a refund for it.

In my family's classic Disney fashion, we just rearranged our trip and switched to a Hotwire Hot Deal. I got Coronado next month for 7 nights for $173/night. Score! How long does it normally take before you can link your reservation? I got the confirmation number but it's obviously not in Disney's system yet. I need to link it before I can cancel my current booked stay and get a refund for it.
Nevermind. It only took about 10 minutes to be able to link. Woot!

Do I need to bother adding my kids to the reservation at CSR? We have APs and we're renting a car so we don't need DME. We also all have park reservations already. I can add them when I get there but I just want to make sure I'm not overlooking anything.

Do I need to bother adding my kids to the reservation at CSR? We have APs and we're renting a car so we don't need DME. We also all have park reservations already. I can add them when I get there but I just want to make sure I'm not overlooking anything.
I suppose there's a small chance that if they think you have only 2 people in the room you could be assigned a King bed.
I'm sure they'd change it on site for you, but I'd personally rather have that done before than deal with it on vacation.

I suppose there's a small chance that if they think you have only 2 people in the room you could be assigned a King bed.
I'm sure they'd change it on site for you, but I'd personally rather have that done before than deal with it on vacation.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking about too. But I did choose the two queen bed option on the Hotrate and it says that on my Hotwire confirmation. However, when I linked the reservation in MDE, it simply says "standard view" and says nothing about beds. Do I just call the wholesale number to add the kidlets?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking about too. But I did choose the two queen bed option on the Hotrate and it says that on my Hotwire confirmation. However, when I linked the reservation in MDE, it simply says "standard view" and says nothing about beds. Do I just call the wholesale number to add the kidlets?
Ah, if you got one of those specific bed choices I'd think you are good then!
I haven't had to add anything on a Hotwire deal myself, but if I were calling I would definitely start with Disney Wholesale, they seem to be the best bet to get things done.

STILL nada for my May 15 birthday. Is everyone going that weekend or something? Shoo people, it's my bday! I need a charcuterie board from Baseline.

The offer on our house fell through so I probably can't go that weekend anymore anyway. Now I'm looking at June.....it'll be toasty but at least they'll still be doing Flower & Garden!

saw on hotwire hot rate deal for 4.5 star in disney bonnet creek area in October, the price of $753 was crossed out and they had $445. I THINK it's the Grand Floridian, the only clues are they list the Grand Floridian at $754 a night, same 4.5 stars and it says 0.7 miles to magic kingdom. The guest ratings and reviews say "great value gorgeous authentic village" which makes you think it's the polynesian village resort, but that isn't open yet and disney won't book anything even over the phone in Oct so it can't be poly, so it COULD also be wilderness lodge...

saw on hotwire hot rate deal for 4.5 star in disney bonnet creek area in October, the price of $753 was crossed out and they had $445. I THINK it's the Grand Floridian, the only clues are they list the Grand Floridian at $754 a night, same 4.5 stars and it says 0.7 miles to magic kingdom. The guest ratings and reviews say "great value gorgeous authentic village" which makes you think it's the polynesian village resort, but that isn't open yet and disney won't book anything even over the phone in Oct so it can't be poly, so it COULD also be wilderness lodge...
I'm surprised you're seeing a Hot Rate deal that doesn't have a guest rating. FWIW, the resort matcher has Poly and WL as 4*, not 4.5*. Is there a transparent deal available for Hotwire for your dates that is $754? If not, you might want to see if Expedia has any Disney resort for those dates going for about $754.

I'm surprised you're seeing a Hot Rate deal that doesn't have a guest rating. FWIW, the resort matcher has Poly and WL as 4*, not 4.5*. Is there a transparent deal available for Hotwire for your dates that is $754? If not, you might want to see if Expedia has any Disney resort for those dates going for about $754.

it's for oct 24-30...the room choices match grand floridian. I would post screen shots but for some reason it doesn't let me, says it might be spam :rolleyes2

"2 queen and 1 trundle bed "
"1 king and 1 sofa bed "

expedia shows grand floridian at $754 for those dates, poly is sold out, wilderness lodge is sold out. Contemporary is also sold out, and boardwalk inn is $583 but also shows as 3.93 miles from MK, wheras expedia is showing grand floridian as .66 miles from MK. I'm about 98% sure it's grand floridian, what other 4.5* is that close to MK?

it's for oct 24-30...the room choices match grand floridian. I would post screen shots but for some reason it doesn't let me, says it might be spam :rolleyes2

"2 queen and 1 trundle bed "
"1 king and 1 sofa bed "

expedia shows grand floridian at $754 for those dates, poly is sold out, wilderness lodge is sold out. Contemporary is also sold out, and boardwalk inn is $583 but also shows as 3.93 miles from MK, wheras expedia is showing grand floridian as .66 miles from MK. I'm about 98% sure it's grand floridian, what other 4.5* is that close to MK?
The resort matcher only shows one other 4.5* and that's AK Villas-Jambo House, which is hardly that close to MK. I'd say your 98% estimate is about right.

The resort matcher only shows one other 4.5* and that's AK Villas-Jambo House, which is hardly that close to MK. I'd say your 98% estimate is about right.

Thanks! really trying to get Polynesian around that time but I suppose they won't even open for reservations until at least July ugh!

If you draw a circle around just the Grand Flo in the app, it should show up, thus confirming your suspicions.

If you draw a circle around just the Grand Flo in the app, it should show up, thus confirming your suspicions.

just downloaded the hotwire app, nothing comes up in the area, just some hotel at $53 and that ain't it. Circled the area of grand flo and nothing...but it comes up on their website, so bizarre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter