Primeval Whirl

Originally posted by ChuckGA
We went in May 2003 and we did not think that "Tilt-a-whirl on steroids" was accurate at all. Rarely during the ride was the car actually allowed to freely spin. Everytime we went around a corner the car would start to spin and then lock into place until the next corner. Only at the end was it allowed to spin freely and it would not really spin fast and certainly nothing as good as a Tilt-a-whirl. We found it to be really dull.

Chuck

We had the same experience Chuck. Hardly any spinning, and it seemed the car was going way to slow. We (my 7yo DS and another mom and little girl) only had 4 in the car, maybe that had something to do with it? I know we waited in line for 45 minutes, and when I got off, and my son went with DH for the baby swap ( we had 2 kid too small to ride) I just looked at DH and said "lame,lame,lame...why is it a 48 inch height requirement, Sara-Ann(my 5 year old) could of gone on and been fine."

Maybe we had a dud for a car. But, it went too slow, and hardly spun. But, my DS at the age of 7 LOVED IT.

I am glad to have read this thread, now I know I can give the ride another chance to impress me.

Originally posted by Disney1fan2002
We had the same experience Chuck. Hardly any spinning, and it seemed the car was going way to slow. We (my 7yo DS and another mom and little girl) only had 4 in the car, maybe that had something to do with it? I know we waited in line for 45 minutes, and when I got off, and my son went with DH for the baby swap ( we had 2 kid too small to ride) I just looked at DH and said "lame,lame,lame...why is it a 48 inch height requirement, Sara-Ann(my 5 year old) could of gone on and been fine."

Maybe we had a dud for a car. But, it went too slow, and hardly spun. But, my DS at the age of 7 LOVED IT.

I am glad to have read this thread, now I know I can give the ride another chance to impress me.

I don't think you had a dud, because ours was the same. That's why we found it VERY lame, and can't imagine anyone thinking its wild or anything remotely similar to a Tilt-A-Whirl. Perhaps they have spiced it up some? We rode it in Dec 02, and won't bother waiting in line again.

I have to say it whips you around pretty good. Got a bruise on my leg and banged my head. My daughters were a bit beat up on it too! It's not scary but it is a bit rough for my liking.

From what I can tell, the spin is controlled by how much weight there is in the car and the distribution of that weight. If you have light weight people on the outside and larger people on the inside, it won't spin as much.

With regards to why it has a 48" height requirement, the height requirment really doesn't have anything to do with at what age someone can handle it. It as to do with the design of the restraint and how tall a person has to be to have the restraint work properly. The way the bar comes down and the design of the car would require the 48" height requirement.

Hmm, I have to stretch my daughter's neck so she can be 2" taller by December :teeth:

From my one time through it was not a matter of weight distribution (I can make a Tilt-a-whirl spin real well). The car might spin around the corner about 1/4 turn and then LOCK into place with a violent snap. Over 80% of the ride the car was LOCKED in place, preventing any spinning. Only on the last drop that goes over those little hills was the car truly free to rotate.

Chuck

I don't know about weight distribution or free spinning....I do know that this ride really gets to me. My dd, now 10, loves it. I have tried it twice and don't know if there will be a third time. I love RnRC, BTMRR, Space Mt, but the way this one turns just as it comes to a corner and a drop, leaves me whoozy. I love spinning, but not feeling like I'm going over the edge. I didn't think our cars on either time were slow and non-spinning. Huge amounts of spinning.

Originally posted by ChuckGA
From my one time through it was not a matter of weight distribution (I can make a Tilt-a-whirl spin real well). The car might spin around the corner about 1/4 turn and then LOCK into place with a violent snap. Over 80% of the ride the car was LOCKED in place, preventing any spinning. Only on the last drop that goes over those little hills was the car truly free to rotate.

Chuck

from what I remember the first little bit of the ride we hardly spun at all then after that... grab the air sick bag( not really, but crazy spinning!) it seemed like once it started to spin it never stopped and every time we went around a corner or down a bump it would spin faster. I was in one seat and hubby and the skinny little kid in the other . maybe we had a few two many "ghiradelli sundaes before we rode and the extra lbs. helped:o it was fun but i could have done with out the almost constant spinning, much much much more spinning than any tilt a whirl i ever was on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter