Princess and the Frog logic question (slight spoilers)

DEA

DIS Veteran
OK, something just hit me on the 14th or so viewing of the Princess and the Frog movie with my two DDs.

This is a little spoilery, but not too much so.

Tiana, when she kisses the Frog Naveen without being a princess, turns into a frog. Naveen stays a frog.

Charlotte is designated a princess until the end of Mardi Gras because her father is the King of Mardi Gras.

Charlotte kisses Frog Naveen AFTER Mardi Gras has ended and is no longer a princess, as evidenced by the fact that Naveen remains a frog.

Soooooooo... why did Charlotte stay human? Any logical reason based on something I missed. Honest to goodness, I feel like I've seen it enough to have caught just about everything.

What a good question!

I've actually only seen the movie once, so I wouldn't classify myself as an authority at all. I did have a thought, though. Maybe Tiana turned into a frog when she kissed Naveen because she had done it for purely selfish reasons (i.e. funding to open her restaurant) whereas Charlotte was being completely selfless...?

A stretch maybe, but that's all I got! :)

I see it as a sort of "fate" thing. Tiana and Naveen are "meant" to be together and the curse knew this. The two of them were supposed to go on this adventure together because there were things they both needed to learn.
Charlotte has her own path that she needs to take - she's not his true love.

I see it as a sort of "fate" thing. Tiana and Naveen are "meant" to be together and the curse knew this. The two of them were supposed to go on this adventure together because there were things they both needed to learn.
Charlotte has her own path that she needs to take - she's not his true love.

I like that explanation!!! I think you got it !!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter