Princess Challenge - Adding the 10K

Bjaiken77

DIS Veteran
I’m sorry if this is a dumb question, but my wife and I are doing the Princess Half Marathon and wondering if:

1. We qualify for the Princess challenge if we are able to add the 10K, and/or

2. We would qualify for all three medals.

3. If we don’t get it, can we do a combination of virtual and in-person to qualify for the challenge.

4. Can we pay the difference between the two races and the challenge.

I know the race is currently sold out at all levels, but I’ve got the “runDisney alerts” set up on Twitter/X. I’m just curious what I can ask for - if anything - should I be able to add the 2nd race. Thanks!

Last edited:
I’m sorry if this is a dumb question, but my wife and I are doing the Princess Half Marathon and wondering if:

1. We qualify for the Princess challenge if we are able to add the 10K, and/or

2. Disney would refund the difference between the two race price and the cost of the challenge.

I know the race is currently sold out at all levels, but I’ve got the “runDisney alerts” set up on Twitter/X. I’m just curious what I can ask for - if anything - should I be able to add the 2nd race. Thanks!
The challenge has to be registered for separately. If you register for the 10k, they won’t upgrade it or treat it as the challenge. You’d have to wait for challenge slots to open up and then you can go into your current registration and “Modify” it to change to the challenge. You’ll get the cost of your current half back minus a change fee. The other option would be to register for the challenges on their own and then email RunDisney to ask them to refund your half cost minus the change fee. Good luck!

an additional "unofficial" option would be to register for the 10k and then find someone to buy a challenge medal from. a lot of people just sell their medals after the race (they don't want them, or use that money for a charity, etc.) in a lot of fb groups.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter