Princess Half Marathon Weekend 2025 (Feb 20-24 2025)

SWA flights opened today, but they are insane from SoCal anyway….😳 I’m waiting to buy, but maybe for others the prices are better 🤷🏼‍♀️

SWA flights opened today, but they are insane from SoCal anyway….😳 I’m waiting to buy, but maybe for others the prices are better 🤷🏼‍♀️
I had credits to use for a canceled flight, and even then I had to pay some out of pocket. Granted, I added half of the out of pocket amount with Early Bird...

I have a question maybe someone can answer. Usually a 10K is good for the half marathon for a POT time. Does anyone know what a good POT time for a 10K would be to qualify for different corrals?

I have a question maybe someone can answer. Usually a 10K is good for the half marathon for a POT time. Does anyone know what a good POT time for a 10K would be to qualify for different corrals?
All of that information can be found in this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/pot-proof-of-time-race-equivalency-cutoff-confirmed-times.3699036/

The first post will have 2 charts. The first one is MW-specific, since the full marathon/dopey/goofy require a 10mi or longer POT. However, the 2nd chart is for all of the other race weekends, and you can have a POT from a 10k, 10mi, HM, or Marathon.

Last edited:
Will they have any kids races this year?
They have been retired for WDW at the moment at least through the 24-25 season could they come back on 25-26 or a later season possibly but I wouldn’t expect it…. if your kid is old enough and has the endurance for a 5k those are more of a fun run and there are lots of younger participants

Hi @Princess Bossypants you came to the right spot for finding great information on all things run Disney. I will say as someone who is working on PoT for the half marathon distance at Disney (I don't do the challenges like goofy or dopey), the charts that @DopeyBadger put together are amazing. And I will also add that the most "forgiving" pace of the PoT distances, as I have learned, is the full marathon -- but most of us don't typically run fulls for our PoT (lol). The next best bet is the 10 miler distance, followed by the half marathon and then the 10k. In other words, yes, you can use the 10k distance to qualify for a PoT for a half marathon at Disney but the pace requirement is a little tougher than if you use a 10 miler or another half marathon to qualify. @DopeyBadger did I get that right? :-)

Hi @Princess Bossypants you came to the right spot for finding great information on all things run Disney. I will say as someone who is working on PoT for the half marathon distance at Disney (I don't do the challenges like goofy or dopey), the charts that @DopeyBadger put together are amazing. And I will also add that the most "forgiving" pace of the PoT distances, as I have learned, is the full marathon -- but most of us don't typically run fulls for our PoT (lol). The next best bet is the 10 miler distance, followed by the half marathon and then the 10k. In other words, yes, you can use the 10k distance to qualify for a PoT for a half marathon at Disney but the pace requirement is a little tougher than if you use a 10 miler or another half marathon to qualify. @DopeyBadger did I get that right? :-)

Looks like this was the original post of mine (link and link). At the time I wrote:

So the 10k has an added bonus of about 5 sec/mile, 10 miler a bonus of 9 sec/mile, and M a bonus of 22 sec/mile (although a realistic M projection for a 2:00 HM runner is more like 4:17-4:26). So the most likely event that you'll hit the Corral A standard at is going to be your 10 miler. It's an easier time to hit than is the 2:00 HM time. The HM time of 2:00 actually represents the hardest standard to hit of the four submittable times.

In my opinion (and based on some math), the standards would go M, 10 miler, 10k, HM (from easiest to hardest) based on the conversion value runDisney appears to be using for HM POT submissions. The same "mathematical advantage" difference does not exist in the case of the M/Goofy/Dopey POT submittable times. They all use what appears to be the same R value (around 1.079) and thus from the race equivalency standpoint are roughly equal. Thus, the ranked order of "easiness" would then default back to race distance (10 miler, then HM, then M) in the case of M/Goofy/Dopey POT submissions.

In my opinion (and based on some math), the standards would go M, 10 miler, 10k, HM (from easiest to hardest) based on the conversion value runDisney appears to be using for HM POT submissions. The same "mathematical advantage" difference does not exist in the case of the M/Goofy/Dopey POT submittable times. They all use what appears to be the same R value (around 1.079) and thus from the race equivalency standpoint are roughly equal. Thus, the ranked order of "easiness" would then default back to race distance (10 miler, then HM, then M) in the case of M/Goofy/Dopey POT submissions.
Yes, this was it!! LOL! So I had it wrong, 🤣 Thank you so much for weighing in @DopeyBadger!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter