Princess Weekend 2022

Just a word of warning for newbies out there re. the corral set-up, the one thing that you don't want to do for the half marathon is to wait until the last minute to leave the pre-race area and head towards the corrals. Assuming that things stay the same, it is a LONG (over a mile, I believe) walk out to the corrals and they will start closing the first couple of corrals well before the official race start time.

I tracked it on my Garmin for the marathon after wondering how long it was during the HM, and it was 1.1 miles to S5, which was the closest to the corral entrance. If you're up in 1-4 it would be even longer.

Just a word of warning for newbies out there re. the corral set-up, the one thing that you don't want to do for the half marathon is to wait until the last minute to leave the pre-race area and head towards the corrals. Assuming that things stay the same, it is a LONG (over a mile, I believe) walk out to the corrals and they will start closing the first couple of corrals well before the official race start time.

I thought this wouldn't be that bad. I was chatting with someone before the corrals opened, and she even warned me about how long the walk is. I actually started to laugh at the absurdity of it while walking - here I was at 4 AM for a freaking half marathon with a mile walk warm-up, just to stand around for so long that I was cooled down again. If you haven't run Princess in the past, it is pretty indescribable.

The one nice thing is the corral is the chute, so once you get to your corral you are in. It's not like the 5k/10k where the corrals are off to the side and you do more walking to the starting line. If you're at the front of S1 for the HM, the starting line is RIGHT there - pretty cool!

I tracked it on my Garmin for the marathon after wondering how long it was during the HM, and it was 1.1 miles to S5, which was the closest to the corral entrance. If you're up in 1-4 it would be even longer.

Thanks for adding the specs on this! I kept thinking about starting my Garmin after I was already partway there.

Side note: what I really want to know is how long it was from the parking lot to the corrals for the 5K of Marathon Weekend with the back and forth side trip to the front of Epcot to go through security. Did we add another 5K on to the 5K?

Do your bib numbers appear on your waivers?

The paper waiver asks for your race and bib number, and how do I get that before the Expo?

Do your bib numbers appear on your waivers?

No. They used to in years past. But the recent races have not had the bib numbers on the waiver.

The paper waiver asks for your race and bib number, and how do I get that before the Expo?

You could learn your bib number off of the runner tracking for the 10k/HM released about a week or so before the race (it has been either Fri the week prior in the case of Wine and Dine, or the Mon of the week of for MW). So around 2/21/22.

But I think they'll take care of you at the Expo either way (pretty sure they'll know how to find your bib number). For instance, I won't know my daughter/my 5k bib number until we pick up at the Expo despite having signed our waivers. Or maybe the Expo pass (released around the same time as the runner tracking) could have it?

Bib numbers were on the Expo passes for marathon weekend. We didn't know starting groups until we got our bibs at the expo.

I know I can "run" about 4 miles at a 14 minute pace and I keep scheming in my head how to walk the rest.
You still have 30 days which is a lot of time! If anything, maybe practice your plan beforehand if it will ease some concern? I also highly recommend intervals. They allow me to keep running for longer.
Running my first 5k with my daughter, and trying to finish Top 3 in the 10k.
I got chills reading this!! I can’t wait to see how it turns out for you and know a random girl in Ohio is rooting for you (and G!)
OK - for real - how packed are the corrals? And how long do you stand in them before you get started?
They can get packed, but I have found that standing to the side makes me feel better.
When you say - position yourself along a fence......do you mean like a high fence?
People have answered this but nope! And often there is space between the fence and corral (grass or something) so if you wanted to exit the corral through the back you could walk there.
I also want to say that I love how everyone has provided pictures, videos, etc. This is such a supportive community!

You still have 30 days which is a lot of time! If anything, maybe practice your plan beforehand if it will ease some concern? I also highly recommend intervals. They allow me to keep running for longer.

I got chills reading this!! I can’t wait to see how it turns out for you and know a random girl in Ohio is rooting for you (and G!)

They can get packed, but I have found that standing to the side makes me feel better.

People have answered this but nope! And often there is space between the fence and corral (grass or something) so if you wanted to exit the corral through the back you could walk there.
I also want to say that I love how everyone has provided pictures, videos, etc. This is such a supportive community!
I didn’t realize such YouTube videos existed of the races! I should have known! Got totally sidetracked at work watching them!!!

Side note: what I really want to know is how long it was from the parking lot to the corrals for the 5K of Marathon Weekend with the back and forth side trip to the front of Epcot to go through security. Did we add another 5K on to the 5K?

We tracked it from the car to the 5K start line (we were kinda late so no messing around in the Family Reunion area.

1.6 miles

Total after the 5K back to the car (so pre-race, race, post-race)

5.8 miles

We tracked it from the car to the 5K start line (we were kinda late so no messing around in the Family Reunion area.

1.6 miles

Total after the 5K back to the car (so pre-race, race, post-race)

5.8 miles

I don't know whether to be impressed by that total or sad. But I'm glad to have my answer finally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter