Princesses at Fairytale Hall

My daughter LOVES Tiana. It is good to add some diversity to the princesses ;-).
Also - Tiana was awesome for the meet and greet.

I didn't even think about Elena being diverse... I'm white/Hispanic. Lol!!! My kids just too old to get into her never seen it. As far as tiana we were really bummed but there was just an aspect of the movie we didn't care for. Stinks because she is one of the prettiest and I love baking, so that's more my kind of dream. Lol.

But if they put Rapunzel and Cinderella together they'd never get anyone in the other lines. Ahh the Disney magic! My 21-month old daughter happens to love "La La" (Tiana) and "Punzel." So it worked out.
They did have Cinderella & Rapunzel together when the other room was Anna & Elsa. But with A&E now in Epcot, I think it's much more efficient to split them up.

I don't think many kids would refuse a meeting with a kind princess, even if she doesn't top the list!

So irritating the way they have them together. We don't need tiana or Elena. Lol.

Actually we want to see Elena! But my daughter is in the Disney jr age group. What I hate is that Sofia is in HS, she is 4 1/2 and loves rides I can't justify the cost of a day at that park just to meet Sofia :(

They did have Cinderella & Rapunzel together when the other room was Anna & Elsa. But with A&E now in Epcot, I think it's much more efficient to split them up.

I don't think many kids would refuse a meeting with a kind princess, even if she doesn't top the list!
DGD was excited to meet Elena, and she's never seen her show, or her episode on Sophia. Still great fun to meet all of them, even movies never seen

My daughter LOVES Tiana. It is good to add some diversity to the princesses ;-).
Also - Tiana was awesome for the meet and greet.

The last two times we have met Tiana we have had the best princess experience with her. She was so genuinely sweet and nice and had a great conversation with my older daughter. We have the best pictures of them together as they were just having so much fun.

Is there anywhere else to meet Cinderella? She's such a classic, and my mum (first and probably only trip) would love to meet her, but we have no clue who Elena is and wouldn't be able to hold any conversation beyond "we have no idea who you are"... Rapunzel and Tiana are no brainers because we love them both but yeah... Elena who?!

Actually we want to see Elena! But my daughter is in the Disney jr age group. What I hate is that Sofia is in HS, she is 4 1/2 and loves rides I can't justify the cost of a day at that park just to meet Sofia :(

I'm pretty sure the whole reason they put the DJ stuff (show, jake, sofia, breakfast) at HS is simply because people visiting with toddlers would just not go to that park otherwise. They can't ride the big rides, they won't wear the glasses for toy story, they won't sit still through the shows, etc.

It did have an overhaul. It's newer than 7DMT and the rest of NFL
I just mean I think it should have a different set up. It is awkward having to see a princess your kids don't know or care about. I'd rather see one princess.

Is there anywhere else to meet Cinderella? She's such a classic, and my mum (first and probably only trip) would love to meet her, but we have no clue who Elena is and wouldn't be able to hold any conversation beyond "we have no idea who you are"... Rapunzel and Tiana are no brainers because we love them both but yeah... Elena who?!
outside a meal, no

I use to feel that way about Tiana as well, but when we were there in February, she was one of our favorites! My daughter still talks about her and loves to watch the video of their interactions.

Love Tiana. The interaction was very fun -- love the talking about New Orleans and cooking!

So irritating the way they have them together. We don't need tiana or Elena. Lol.

Just wondering why you would say that? My Granddaughter is mixed race and we are looking forward to seeing Princesses who look more like she does. She is excited to see Elena and Tiana. I think it is nice to see some diversity among the Princesses.

She is very popular with the 4 year olds that I know. My Granddaughter's favorite show at the moment is Elena. It is a cute show.

Just wondering why you would say that? My Granddaughter is mixed race and we are looking forward to seeing Princesses who look more like she does. She is excited to see Elena and Tiana. I think it is nice to see some diversity among the Princesses.

I know my daughter doesn't like The movie the princess frog, it just wasn't disneys best movie and has nothing to do with the race of the princess. Elena is the same it's new and has a more limited following right now, probably with younger kids who watch Elena on the Disney channel.

I know my daughter doesn't like The movie the princess frog, it just wasn't disneys best movie and has nothing to do with the race of the princess. Elena is the same it's new and has a more limited following right now, probably with younger kids who watch Elena on the Disney channel.
It's one of my favorite movies simply because it was done by hand, not computer CGI. Drawn like the old days. For that reason, it's an awesome movie. And I love the more down to earth Princesses. Rapunzel, Merida and Tiana are way more entertaining to meet than Cinderella (the worse for stand off aloofness) or Aurora. They are royal and act it. Give me the ones that don't any day. Doesn't matter if their movies are good or not. Matters if they have a great personality, and she does.

I'm confused why anyone would assume because I said my kids don't need to meet them it has anything to do with race. First that is the farthest from us as possible. But what a horrible thing to assume.

If I said my kids don't know Snow White and aurora would you think it has to do with race? You would never assume that. You would assume that it is because they are older movies. But what if I'm African American? Now what?

First, I'm Hispanic. But my kids who are Hispanic/White are too old to watch Elena so have never heard of her. I was very disappointed that they added voodoo to the only black princess movie. We were excited for it and my oldest daughter best friend is African American. It's just something that goes against our beliefs. I didn't mention that because I didn't want to offend anyone.

I didn't even think of their race. If I had I wouldn't have said it. I wasn't raised that way. I'm mixed race. I belong to a church of even more mix raced. I live in the ATL and diversity is the rule of the day. Most of the attendants in my wedding were African American.

I look like Elena. My skin tone is the same. But we don't pick meet and greets by what people look like. We pick them on being a fan of the movie they are in. We have never seeen those two so we don't need those meet and greets. Simple.

Edited to add- since we will have to go through those lines we WILL do the meet and greet. We won't snub them. Lol.

Last edited:
Our favorite princess interactions still go to

Merida - Last Jan, my (almost 4 at the time) daughter told her that we had a "NO BEARS!" sign on her bedroom door that kept bears away from her room. Merida thought that sounded like an awesome idea, so the two of them sat down and made a no bears sign together that she then hung up on her castle wall.

Ariel - On thanksgiving last year, same daughter was wearing her Hanna Ariel PJ's, which had her signature all over the pants. Ariel asked my daughter if she could get her a pair of pajamas with her picture on the shirt that said Noelle all over the pants :)

Favorite non-princess interaction

Noelle told Druzilla she was a "big fan" of how mean she was to Cinderella, and asked her for tips on how to be meaner to her little sister. (She laughed until she was almost in tears) Then they had a sourpuss-off to see who could make the meanest looking face for a picture.

Edit: Runner up, this one was all Noelle and not the character. She met Mulan last year, and Mulan asked her to show her best "warrior pose" For some reason Noelle decided to use this opportunity to stick her belly out and run around shouting "PREGNANT PREGNANT PREGNANT" (her preschool teacher was pg at the time, and the kids were obsessed with it)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter