Private message issues

jshawle

The Professor
Hello. It's been a while since I have been on the boards, about three years, I it seems I am unable to send a private message or I have forgotten how. Can someone help this old man? :):P

Hello. It's been a while since I have been on the boards, about three years, I it seems I am unable to send a private message or I have forgotten how. Can someone help this old man? :):P
Private messages are now called "conversations". To start one, hover over the avatar or username of the person you want to converse with. There should be a "Start conversation" button on the lower right of the window that opens.

Click on that and write your message. Be sure to click the "Start Conversation" button at the bottom of the page when you're done.

I assume if I hover and don't see "start conversation" I've not been cleared to post yet even though I've done 11 posts? I'm a novice here.

I assume if I hover and don't see "start conversation" I've not been cleared to post yet even though I've done 11 posts? I'm a novice here.

Yes, there’s also a time delay. Give it some time and it will eventually become active for you.

Last edited:

I have a similar situation, it has been at least 10 years since I used these boards (also a novice). I've tried the hovering over another member's name and I do not see the button or tab to send a PM (conversation). Is it that I need a certain amount of posts??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter