• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Probably a really silly question about "poking about"

snazzytoes88

Earning My Ears
Hi.. I'm new here. I've stayed at Disneyworld several times, but in March I am going to Florida for a few days (just to Seaworld and Universal) but I would love to drive onto the Disney world property and "poke about" the hotels.

Is that allowed? I've never not stayed at an on-site DW hotel so I don't know if we can just drive around, go to Wilderness Lodge and a couple of others, have dinner, and shop at Downtown Disney.

Is there a gate or something where you have to pay to get in? OR is that just to get into the actual parks?

I don't know if I will have the willpower to not go into one of the parks! But that's the plan. I will go do the whole Disney experience later in the year.

By the way, this new shuttle service from the airport to the resorts sounds too wonderful... but I haven't seen any mention of getting back to the airport at the end of your trip. Will they be offering that service?

Thanks, anyone who answers. I am THRILLED to find this board!! I get to fantasize about going to Disney by reading other people's stories and tips. It really perks up my lunch hour at work to read about my favorite place!!

Snazzytoes88@yahoo.com

You may have to pass through a security gate (in DisneySpeak, a "Welcome Kiosk"). Just tell the guard that you're there to have dinner/visit the shop/look at the resort to see if you want to stay there next time/etc, and they should let you in. Downtown Disney is not "guarded" -- it is completely free to park and enter. (If you want to hit the clubs at pleasure island, though, you'll have to pay).

To visit any of the resorts around the Lagoon, (GF, Poly, Contemporary, or WL) you have to pass through the MK parking gate - just stay to the right and tell the CM that you are visiting whatever hotel - they will tell you how to get there - and you don't have to pay to enter. Just remember to Stay To The Right!! :) Then you will talk to the nice security guard at the hotel kiosk who will need to see photo ID, want to know why you are there (just a friendly question - don't get defensive) and he will give you a piece of paper for your dash that has a time "expiration" on it - pay no attention to that - just put it on your dash. Then go and have fun! :)

Hi there and Welcome to the DIS :wave:

Why not try eating at some of the resort restaurants :) Perhaps a Character meal will keep you away from the parks LOL!

Hi,have a wonderful trip to Disney.I'm sure you'll enjoy checking out all the resorts and Downtown Disney too!
East of the Cape in Nova Scotia,
Kirsten pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter