• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Problem in the Cabin

although I should add that no one knows how we were dealt with.

Well, of course not. You didn’t tell us.

There was inappropriate responses that would not encourage anyone to request further help

We’re these from CMs there in person, or were they phone CMs?

Many people call the “front desk”, never knowing it sends you to an offsite call center. The people aren’t there and don’t have the same power as those AT the front desk.

If you were getting sub par responses in the phone, that’s why.

I have never stayed at the cabins, but I have stayed at 10 of the other WDW resorts countless times and I will say, some stays are great and some are not so great, even at the same resort. At BWI, for example, we've had incredible stays and we've also had stays where a water main broke and they were banging around all night long trying to fix it (the carpet in the hallway was also soaked) and one where they were drilling something, literally, right into the wall behind our bed at 3 am (my DS was terrified). But . . . we go back because, typically, these things don't happen and even if they do, the resort has done something to make our trip a little brighter. If 2 out of your 10 days were bad on your last trip, but, all in all, you enjoyed your time, I would try it again. If you need a kitchen, other options, which you may enjoy, would be a 1-bedroom villa at one of the DVC resorts for which you could rent points (through a DVC dealer) or buying booking directly through WDW. We've enjoyed 1-bedrooms at CCV (located at WL), BWV, BCV and AKV. There are also 1-bedroom villas at BLT, BRV, OKW and SSR.

We'e stayed at the cabins twice with no issues (even weeks after the last hurricane). That stinks you weren't happy with their response. Every property will have issues but I would be upset too if I encountered two major issues like you did and was made to feel like I was an inconvenience. I hope your next stay (wherever it may be) is issue free!

I think it’s just the luck of the draw. We’ve had good stays at the cabins, though I admit that one of the bathrooms was a little damp and musty. They are converted trailers, but location location location.

I admit, i am curious why you didn't either bring this up at the time, or wash the clothes?

Anyway, reasonably, the smoke was an anomoly. Not likely to happen again. As for overall issues with the cabins, why not check the Camping forum?

I mentioned I was trying to keep the story short but we did discuss the smell of our belongings with staff.

Being that the cabins are part of the resorts and not really camping, I thought this was the most logical place to ask about other’s experiences there.

Welcome to message boards. You ask a specific question and you get lots and lots of answers you didn't ask for. This is a good place to throw a question - you'll just need to self-filter the replies.

I hope you don't second guess staying at the cabins again. We love them. As you can see others do not. We loved the parking right at the door, we loved the kitchen (even if we only used it for breakfast), we loved sitting on the patio at the end of the day, we loved the extra space, we LOVED-LOVED-LOVED hopping on the boat right after the fireworks and hopping on the internal bus the next night to watch the fireworks from the beach. Not too happy about the one, kinda small bathroom, but everything else was wonderful.

Thanks a lot!

Not sure if you have considered off site at all, but I have stayed at Staybridge Suites a few times, and they have full kitchens in their units. It is located right near Disney Springs, and for around $150 a night you can get 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a full kitchen. Just thought I would throw that out there.

I’ll look into those opinions, thanks!

I mentioned I was trying to keep the story short but we did discuss the smell of our belongings with staff.

Being that the cabins are part of the resorts and not really camping, I thought this was the most logical place to ask about other’s experiences there.
I actually recommend the camping forum for all things FW including cabins:) lots of great tips and info there, as well as other people’s experiences. Enjoy your next stay there, I’m sure this was just a fluke!

I have never stayed at the cabins, but I have stayed at 10 of the other WDW resorts countless times and I will say, some stays are great and some are not so great, even at the same resort.
Same here. Have stayed at WDW resorts a number of times over the past 10+ years and have had great experiences as well as subpar rude CM encounters coupled with dirty rooms that would not fly outside the WDW bubble. Why do I go back? The WDW package perks including airport shuttle, park bus transpo and extra magic hours. Those who return do so because they find value there and can overlook the bad. For me, as with many, time will tell if the rising $ will hit a tipping point for repeat guests. My guess is my point is just around the corner. But when that comes, I'm ready to walk away for a few years and enjoy Europe and trips within my own country. I'm almost positive that point will coincide with Star Wars opening.

I agree with the others. You will get more informed responses about the Cabins on the camping forum. Your thought that it is a Resort and folks here will know is misguided.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter