Problems Booking at 7 Months

DisneySmiles1008

Earning My Ears
We are DVC members with points at Bay Lake Tower and Hilton Head Island. This year, we decided we would like to try Aulani. However, we've been unsuccessful booking a studio room the last two days. In the past, I've always heard Aulani wasn't too difficult to get at 7 months. On the day before we try to book, the calendar seems open, but when we are eligible to book, there is nothing. We're logging in at 8 am eastern. Any additional tips or suggestions to try? Anyone else experiencing this, too?

We are DVC members with points at Bay Lake Tower and Hilton Head Island. This year, we decided we would like to try Aulani. However, we've been unsuccessful booking a studio room the last two days. In the past, I've always heard Aulani wasn't too difficult to get at 7 months. On the day before we try to book, the calendar seems open, but when we are eligible to book, there is nothing. We're logging in at 8 am eastern. Any additional tips or suggestions to try? Anyone else experiencing this, too?

what are you trying to book?

June is the toughest month to get at 7months because schools are out but points are lower than July.

Are you logging in before 8 AM to reserve and get a message that your reservation window is not open yet. When you do that, it puts the actual reservation in hold and is not available to book once you try again at 8AM, that was my experience when I tried last week. I logged out and tried again and then it allowed me. Not sure if yours is same issue.

I just checked the online booking tool, and I see what you mean. I had no idea that early/mid June was that popular at Aulani! I would keep checking availability exactly at 8am daily, I think you will eventually be able to book something. I would just suggest managing your expectations about the type of accommodation that may be available (i.e., 1BR instead of studio, the more expensive ocean view instead of a standard, etc.).

I appreciate all of the tips and suggestions! I am crossing my fingers that perhaps some are walking reservations to July 4 week. We've been able to go back and get a few of our days that were initially unavailable. Holding my breath for the rest of the week!

This is controversial but you can try walking your reservation. Availability is horrible for June and they seem to only have a couple of days a week available making it impossible to have a cohesive vacation. A lot of locals book for the weekends and so those seem to be booked up fast leaving people who travel there to try to patch together some kind of trip. On our last trip, we had to check out midway through our vacation to stay in another hotel and then check back in.

I was having the same issue trying to book a week at Aulani for our honeymoon next June. Apparently June is very hard to get if it's not your home resort. Especially this year because of COVID. I ended up renting points from an Aulani owner and am trying to rent my Riviera points out now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter