Products Advertised on Social Media

Communicore1991

Mouseketeer
We all have seen ads in our Facebook and Instagram feeds for different products, services, and apps and I’m sure like me you have wondered whether they really work. Has anyone found any products or services or apps through these ads that turned out to be worthwhile?

Cards against Disney was found through Facebook, that has provided a few hours of entertainment and laughs over some adult beverages.

So many things. I say that I really am the perfect consumer because marketing really works on me. I’ve found a service for getting cards printed with photos and directly shipped to the recipient, food gifts, a dog toy, travel items, clothes…

We have ordered a few things that were fine. I can’t recall having a problem (unlike with some sellers on Amazon and EBay).

My DS has bought a ton of stuff off FB links, most notably clothes, shoes and several watches. Damn FB. :mad:

I don’t belong to Facebook or Instagram, but I have seen ads that pique my interest on other sites. I generally don’t click on the ad directly, but go to the website directly and then look up reviews for the product. I was interested in a couple things, but they were too expensive, so I passed. There appear to be legitimate products out there though.

We got the metal thing that you roll over carpet and it's supposed to pull all the pet hair out. It's fantastic on the cat tree. I did also run it over some of our carpet and our two rugs. It did pull a significant amount out of one rug so I think that rug retains more than the other.

I tend to look for recommendations from friends/relatives relating a product they had success with. Someone on TV or social media is obviously getting paid to endorse the product regardless of whether or not they ever used it. I don't decide which car to buy, what type of beverage to drink, which insurance to buy or what snack food to try because some celebrity does an ad for them. I use an adblock that tends to screen out most of the annoying/constant ads online.

I get ads on Facebook from big names: Disney Store, Old Navy, Baby Gap, Target, Pottery Barn, etc. There have been several instances that I’ll see something advertised there that I end up buying or at least go to the site to look and perhaps get something else. I don’t usually see ads for smaller companies or new types of products.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter