Professional Internship Spring 2012

Hi everyone! I have been lurking here and the Facebook group for a couple weeks now. I am in Post-Interview Stage for an internship and I was wondering if people go from that stage to NLIC. (I received the documents email a while ago and I see that people can still be rejected even if they get that email. I know that people can be accepted without being in Post-Interview Stage.) Any ideas?? I'm not trying to get my hopes up too much so if someone has thoughts either way please let me know. I know there are no sure things until the phone call but it's still nice to know as much as possible from people who have been through this process. Thanks :)

Oh, and congratulations to those who have been accepted and good luck to the rest of you!!

The answer might be in another post somewhere, put 22 pages of discussion threads is a lot to go through, so I'll just take the chance and ask again.

I'm graduating in May, and want to apply for a CP so I can do it Fall 2012(right after graduation). So basically my question is, would I be able to apply for a PI and do it right after a CP? Or are there requirements like having to apply while you're still in school, etc.?

You can do one after another, I have friends who have .. also friends who have done back to back CPs. Good luck!

Hi everyone! I have been lurking here and the Facebook group for a couple weeks now. I am in Post-Interview Stage for an internship and I was wondering if people go from that stage to NLIC. (I received the documents email a while ago and I see that people can still be rejected even if they get that email. I know that people can be accepted without being in Post-Interview Stage.) Any ideas?? I'm not trying to get my hopes up too much so if someone has thoughts either way please let me know. I know there are no sure things until the phone call but it's still nice to know as much as possible from people who have been through this process. Thanks :)

Oh, and congratulations to those who have been accepted and good luck to the rest of you!!

Good luck hon, Its a really hard question, but here I go. Some people have gone from NLIC to post interview, and people have gone from post-interview to NLIC; so its really up in the air. It took me a while to go from interview stage, to post interview stage and then be accepted, and then receive the email etc ... so Good luck. Patients is really hard, especially when its something big like this!!! sending pixie dust your way!!!

I applied for several Alumni positions and interviewed Oct 11 and I still haven't heard anything. I am still in the interview stage but when I check on job status is says that the job has been filled or expired. Does that mean I don't have a chance? I would really like to get this internship or accept another from a different company; do they really make you wait until middle of December to let you know you didn't get a position? Any comments will help.

You can do one after another, I have friends who have .. also friends who have done back to back CPs. Good luck!

Good luck hon, Its a really hard question, but here I go. Some people have gone from NLIC to post interview, and people have gone from post-interview to NLIC; so its really up in the air. It took me a while to go from interview stage, to post interview stage and then be accepted, and then receive the email etc ... so Good luck. Patients is really hard, especially when its something big like this!!! sending pixie dust your way!!!
apsmsu
Earning My Ears

Going Crazy!
I applied for several Alumni positions and interviewed Oct 11 and I still haven't heard anything. I am still in the interview stage but when I check on job status is says that the job has been filled or expired. Does that mean I don't have a chance? I would really like to get this internship or accept another from a different company; do they really make you wait until middle of December to let you know you didn't get a position? Any comments will help.

I think that just means people can't apply for the job anymore.

The answer might be in another post somewhere, put 22 pages of discussion threads is a lot to go through, so I'll just take the chance and ask again.

I'm graduating in May, and want to apply for a CP so I can do it Fall 2012(right after graduation). So basically my question is, would I be able to apply for a PI and do it right after a CP? Or are there requirements like having to apply while you're still in school, etc.?

Yep! I did the same thing. CP the fall after I graduated, and then a PI right after. All of my roommates did the same thing, it's very common. They consider you as still a student while you're in a CP or a PI. So if you're in a PI you can apply for another PI, or if you're in a CP you can apply for a PI, so long as you don't exceed two internships in a row. The thing that sucked for me doing the CP and then a PI was that I could only do the PI for six months and wasn't able to extend. However the experience you get learning the Disney ropes as a frontline Cast Member is great and having done a CP can really help you get a PI.

Just learned that I am in the post-interview stage for one of the PI internships I applied and interviewed for. Just submitted an application form and waiting patiently to hear back. Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll hear good news soon!

Just learned that I am in the post-interview stage for one of the PI internships I applied and interviewed for. Just submitted an application form and waiting patiently to hear back. Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll hear good news soon!

Just accepted the Marine Mammal internship! I'm so excited! Now I just need to find a place to live!

Just accepted the Marine Mammal internship! I'm so excited! Now I just need to find a place to live!

Congrats! I'm jealous of everyone who has gotten a response so quickly. Been almost 2 weeks since I went post-interview & I'm hoping I get an answer this week!

Had my two interviews today with separate senior analysts in management science and integration, I think they went really well. I got the job posting emailed to me from the WDPR Professional Interns people so I was able to prepare to talk about my relevant experience. It sounds like since this internship didn't close applications on October 10th that they don't have to let me know by December 4th but the 2nd interviewer told me they have a few people left to interview but it might go into December a bit because this is a holiday week. It was great to find out they have 3 or 4 internships to fill in the department. I found my interviewers on linkedin as well, it can't hurt for them to see my name in their inbox again...

Fingers crossed!

If I've only had 1 interview so far is it safe to assume that I'm not going to be getting a 2nd interview?

I was under the impression that they're were making their decisions by December and we're pretty much there when you factor in the holidays. Just wondering if anybody had an idea about their deadlines or when they stop accepting interns.

Im keeping my fingers crossed but Im starting to think I may need to reapply next year.

Hi again, everyone!

I got my phone call today and accepted a role as a communications graphic design intern! They're going to place me in either transportation or creative services and I've requested Cumberland housing.

I'm so excited! Congratulations to everyone who's heard back and fingers crossed for those still waiting!

d3structo - I only had one interview, so it may not be the end of the road!

Hey everyone, I am new to the boards and was wondering if anyone applied for the Architectural & Design Internship?

I applied for this internship on October 1st, with the deadline being October 18th. My status on my dashboard changed the next day, then a week or so later, I received a phone call from Disney asking some questions about the information that I submitted, my projected graduation date, and my preferred semester of participation. With the understanding that they were just undergoing the application review process. About two weeks after the deadline, and no change on my dashboard, I called and e-mailed Disney, asking when I might hear back, if I might hear back, etc. They replied almost instantly, saying that my dashboard would change during the process, and that those who were making selections had until December 4th to make a decision. Which makes plenty of sense.

But, then I came across this thread, and have been seeing people have had multiple interviews, obviously for PI's in other fields, and yet I haven't had a single interview. Just thought that was interesting. But then, I tried logging in to my Dashboard, and have been receiving constant error messages, saying that the page has been moved or deleted. Or that the username and password isnt correct (yet the password has been saved, and it automatically logs me in...) So I am also wondering if the site is down...

Either way, I just want to know if anyone else applied for this position, and if they had heard anything, or if anyone else is experiencing these issues...

Thanks!

Yep! I did the same thing. CP the fall after I graduated, and then a PI right after. All of my roommates did the same thing, it's very common. They consider you as still a student while you're in a CP or a PI. So if you're in a PI you can apply for another PI, or if you're in a CP you can apply for a PI, so long as you don't exceed two internships in a row. The thing that sucked for me doing the CP and then a PI was that I could only do the PI for six months and wasn't able to extend. However the experience you get learning the Disney ropes as a frontline Cast Member is great and having done a CP can really help you get a PI.

Awesome, thanks for the information! Glad to hear that my after graduation plans have some potential...if all goes well!

So I have a question for people who have done a PI. I keep hearing people saying they're extending their PI or applying for another one. I didn't know that it was possible to extend your PI. I know it prob depends on the depatement, but how common/ easy is it to extend your PI? Do many people do this? I'm graduating in December, so I would really love to stay down there after my PI. I'm so thankful I got this and that I have plans after I graduate, but now i'm starting to worry what comes next.

So I have a question for people who have done a PI. I keep hearing people saying they're extending their PI or applying for another one. I didn't know that it was possible to extend your PI. I know it prob depends on the depatement, but how common/ easy is it to extend your PI? Do many people do this? I'm graduating in December, so I would really love to stay down there after my PI. I'm so thankful I got this and that I have plans after I graduate, but now i'm starting to worry what comes next.

It depends on the department. A lot of departments prefer to have their interns extend because it's easier to have an intern stay who already knows the ropes than to have to train another one. But there are others, like the animal programs/education presenters at the Seas at Epcot, where they only let a few of the interns extend, if any. It just depends. The departments have to submit their interns for extension pretty early, before the heavy interviewing for the PIs starts again in the spring. And then as long as Casting approves, which they should as long as your record card is good, it's not a big deal at all. It just depends entirely on your department, but as long as you're doing a good job and someone they want to keep, there's a good likelihood they will.

It's also much easier to get selected/interview for another PI while you're already down there and still working, where they can call your leaders and see how you're doing, etc. so that's an option too. My second go around having already done a PI was much easier and I had a lot more interest/second interviews.

I just got a rejection email for one of the internships I applied for. I wasn't expecting that, especially since I went NLIC for it a month ago!

I just got the "Documents to be completed" email! :D

How many people get that without getting an offer?

I am pleased to announce I was selected for the DCP Alumni Only Disney Cruise Line Recruitment PI! I got the documents to be completed email, sent them in, and received a phone call ten minutes later. I all but cried when the lady at Casting said they would like to offer me the job. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes I'll be working in the offices in Celebration and I check in on the 12th of January at Casting!!!

Note that I also only had one interview and we actually barely discussed this role, even though it was my second choice of the Alumni Only positions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter