Professional Internship Spring 2012

It went really well! The girl was super nice (of course) and said she would be really surprised if I didn't hear anything soon, so I'm going to take that as a good thing. I asked her if it would be possible to request DAK guest relations and she said she'd make a note of it, and that it would make sense given my background. Then we talked about the new baby elephant!

It went really well! The girl was super nice (of course) and said she would be really surprised if I didn't hear anything soon, so I'm going to take that as a good thing. I asked her if it would be possible to request DAK guest relations and she said she'd make a note of it, and that it would make sense given my background. Then we talked about the new baby elephant!

Yay :) now you just have to wait! When I got offered my PI, they didn't tell me the park until I got all of my check-in/first day info but I found it on the hub before they told me lol. The interns this semester were told their park when they got their acceptance call, though.

I'm applying now! :) I just had to complete my resume first. My CP interview is this evening but I'm not terribly worried about that, seeing as I've gotten in twice, I'll get in a third time. It's the PIs that worry me.

Is it possible to make requests/preferences for locations for PIs? I have one in mind that's pretty specific, but I didn't know if we could say anything or not.

What are you applying for? I think some of the PIs actually do have very specific places where their interns work.

And today I also got the first email from Animal Programs! It is my absolute dream to do an Animal Programs PI (I kind of applied for GR on a whim..) so I'm super excited that it seems they've gotten started looking at applications earlier this year. I also had to narrow down my role choices so I picked Aquatic Vet Hospital, Marine Biologist, and Conservation Education Presenter. Did anyone else get an AP email and narrow down their roles?

I'm applying for two management positions as well as several marketing/communications/PR ones that are suited to my major... I'm trying to be as open as possible with everything. I figure that will enhance my chances of getting something. I have prior experience in food and beverage as well as merchandise so those are the two I am most interested in (management). So far all I have is my "thank you for applying" emails. Oh well! I shall be patient and hope for the best! :goodvibes

I am so glad that someone started this thread. Last semester was the first time I learned that they had PI's and I didn't apply for many, but now I understand the process a bit better, and excited that this thread exists so I have someone to share the waiting process with. :banana:

I'm applying! Is anyone else quite frustrated with the new website layout? I feel like it's so difficult to navigate :headache:

Hey guys, I'm trying to revise my resume before applying for PI. Can anyone help me out on resume building? Any advice would be helpful! :D

I applied a few days ago and just got the email to schedule my initial phone screening. It's scheduled for Friday. My question is just if someone could tell me what this screening interview is about. Because they used screening, I feel like it's not a thorough interview, but maybe I'm wrong. Describe it for me? I'm trying so hard to prepare. I definitely want this. Also, when I applied online I did the general "for CP Alumni Only" application which never gave me a place to indicate my interests in specific internships. Will I do this in the phone screening?

Hey guys, I'm trying to revise my resume before applying for PI. Can anyone help me out on resume building? Any advice would be helpful! :D

My dad helped me out but you can go on Google and find resume templates you can use as a guideline. Really helped me!

Just curious, how soon after you put in the initial application do you usually hear back about potentially having a screening interview? I know it's only been a day and I'm impatient but still.... I'm so scared I'm not going to get anything! :guilty:

My dad helped me out but you can go on Google and find resume templates you can use as a guideline. Really helped me!

Just curious, how soon after you put in the initial application do you usually hear back about potentially having a screening interview? I know it's only been a day and I'm impatient but still.... I'm so scared I'm not going to get anything! :guilty:

It seems like the CP Alumni that applied for the Alumni Only Roles are the ones being called right now. I'm assuming that's so that if they don't find Alumni that fit those roles they would be offered to the rest of the applicants.

It seems like the CP Alumni that applied for the Alumni Only Roles are the ones being called right now. I'm assuming that's so that if they don't find Alumni that fit those roles they would be offered to the rest of the applicants.

And I applied for alumni only at that, among some others... oh well!

I applied a few days ago and just got the email to schedule my initial phone screening. It's scheduled for Friday. My question is just if someone could tell me what this screening interview is about. Because they used screening, I feel like it's not a thorough interview, but maybe I'm wrong. Describe it for me? I'm trying so hard to prepare. I definitely want this. Also, when I applied online I did the general "for CP Alumni Only" application which never gave me a place to indicate my interests in specific internships. Will I do this in the phone screening?

In the interview, they'll have you rank your top choices. My interview was about 20-25 minutes, I think and it was for all the alumni only positions I applied for. I only had that one interview. I think a lot of the PI's only have 1 interview, except management

In the interview, they'll have you rank your top choices. My interview was about 20-25 minutes, I think and it was for all the alumni only positions I applied for. I only had that one interview. I think a lot of the PI's only have 1 interview, except management

Right, but what I'm saying is the in my application that I filled out for CP Alumni only, that's all it said was for Alumni only and there was no specific position or anywhere to indicate a specific position. I told my manager about that and they said there should have been a spot on the application to select choices but there wasn't. So now I'm worried.

That's all it said for me too - in the interview she said that they were having some problems with that and just asked me what I wanted to be interviewed for.

My screening interview is next Wednesday night!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: I got the email sitting here in the Albuquerque airport waiting to go on to Orlando and freaked everyone at my gate out with my excited "Oh my goodness!" I am so excited yet so nervous!

My interview went so-so. Be prepared for a ton of "Describe a time when..." questions. WHICH I HATE. Also, I can see why for the CP ALumni application they don't include choices. That's basically all we talked about in the interview is what PIs I wanted and why. Those "Describe a time when..." questions are killer though. It's like so much pressure to think of a time when I did what they asked right on the spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter