Programme last night on Tourets Syndrome

debatha

Earning My Ears
Did anyone else watch the programme last night with John and Greg suffering from Touret's Syndrome?

I had seen the first one in 89. I cried for the little boy Greg last night it was so sad.:( Especially the part when he said he did feel like saying bad words but really didn't want to and at the end when he said he was going to be a scientist ad find a cure for Touret's Syndrome.

I thought the way John, the Scot, had coped with it was fantastic he had a great sense of humour. I was laughing and crying in parts.

Deb

Hi Deb - I'm moving your post onto the UK Community Board.

Hi Deb, I saw it too, and felt for the little lad - he is going to have such a tough time and it must be so hard to know that this is going to be happening forever and that there is no known cure. I thought the bit where he was going to blast the bit of the gene was very cute, made me smile!

Bev

I taped this, so it's good to hear it is worth watching, I will try to watch it tonight :D

We are in Galashiels and have known John since before the first programme. He is a regular in my shop, but that still does not stop you getting a fright when he comes in and " roars ". ;)

I don't know if you noticed the difference between the first film and the second - in the first everybody stared. In the second nobody does. He's a very down to earth guy that everyone gets on well with and is as much part of our community as anyone else.

David.

I remember the first documentary when it came on.

I thought last nights programme was handled really well and it was heartning to see that John had a great sense of humour.

Deb - I was like you, one minute I was crying and the next I was laughing. Greg was just so gorgeous and I wept for his parents. I hope that the symptoms aren't too bad when he reaches adulthood.
David - What a lovely man John is. I thought it was great to see him involved with the community.
Tracy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter