• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Proper Attire for Pleasure Island?

Al D

Earning My Ears
36 hours and we're off to BWV for our 20th anniversary.

I'm from California and usually vacation in Mexico so my vacation wardrobe is mainly tank tops and t shirts.

The last time my wife and I went to Disney World, I felt way underdressed in a tank top and had to go get some golf shirts.

I'll dress up for dinner (golf shirt or a button up), but what is appropriate for Pleasure Island. I know we'll be there at least 3 or 4 nights.

Shorts, tennies and a decent shirt ok? Hard sole shoes better? Long pants or slacks? Jeans?

For the wife, dress or shorts? slacks? High heels?

Thanks in advance,
Al

Wow, first off congratulations on your 20th year together! :)

My husband and I usually wear pants to PI only for the fact that in the fall/winter time it gets chilly at night. Also, sometimes the clubs are cool (like the Adventurers Club). If you don't get chilly easily, then you should be fine in shorts. I just felt more comfortable in pants. The last time we were there last fall, we danced our socks off in 8-Trax in PI! We had so much fun! We giggled when we realized that probably 80% of the music we were dancing too, the folks around us weren't even born yet! lol...(we had socks older than some of these other couples at 40+) We had a super time and I hope you guys do too.

best of luck,
Esmerelda :banana: <dancing fool and new Mrs.!

We've gone in everything from smart casual dinner attire (ie sport coat for DH) to jeans and t-shirts. It's definitely a pretty casual place, although a lot of people would prefer not to see a man in a tank top unless he's mowing the lawn (hint, hint).

Anne

If you're going to do a lot of dancing, your moves will probably be better if you skip the sneakers -- they stick too much to the dance floor. :-)

My husband grew up in CA and had a hard time giving up his sneaks, but he couldn't believe how much easier it was to dance in real shoes (even top siders). Have fun! :dancer:

ducklite said:
although a lot of people would prefer not to see a man in a tank top unless he's mowing the lawn (hint, hint).

Anne

Don't worry, the tanks are staying in California this trip. It'll be safe to open your eyes.

Tell your wife to leave the high heels at home. I can't imagine wearing them for anything at WDW except maybe Victoria and Alberts. And then I would wear flats (I hate heels).

We were just at PI last week. We stayed at the Adventurer's club all night. It was so much fun!! My husband wore Docker shorts, a short sleeved button down shirt, and casual shoes. I wore capri pants and a tank top with a light sweater over it. I wore flat sandles. We felt comfortable. There were a bunch of English guys in their rugby team shirts with jean shorts and tennis shoes. They seemed comfortable (of course after a dozen beers or so, who wouldn't?? ;) ).

We just moved to NC from CA. The weather was very humid for this native Californian. The parks were pretty quiet as well as OKW. However, with the food and wine festival and the Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween, I would guess that attendance will probably be heavier.

Have a super time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter