Proper celebration etiquette?

kandyk

Mouseketeer
As one of the celebration's that we can list on our ADR's is "First Visit". Do we list it on all of our reservation's, just the very first one or the first one at a particular park? This will be our first visit to Disney World and I'm super excited to celebrate it but I don't want overkill either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You can note a celebration on any or all of your reservations. Disney doesn't care. I wouldn't expect them to do anything special though. Sometimes the restaurants will, and sometimes they won't. It might not make any difference to have it noted on any given reservation but it can't hurt.

Truthfully, in all the restaurants we have been in, I have never seen any big deal made of "first visit" at a restaurant by Disney, other than a possible comment about hope you're having lots of fun, or asking what's your favorite thing so far? That said, if you want any sort of response, I'd say put it on ALL your reservations to increase the possibility that something special might happen...you never know.

For a birthday or anniversary, yeah, it's more likely something will happen. I have seen the Mickey confetti on the table (or the castle confetti at Cinderella's table), and special dessert presentation (like the chef spells out "Congratulations" or "Happy Birthday" in sauce on the dessert you ordered and paid for.) Sometimes a Mickey cupcake for the birthday person - but not always. But just as often the response ranges from nothing to the waiter telling you "Happy Birthday".

I've never seen anyone get anything special for "First Visit" except a button to wear and lots of comments from the CMs. They do sometimes give a cupcake for other celebrations but don't even count on that. It seems that everyone is celebrating something there, even if that something was 6 months ago. I imagine Disney can't and won't do things for everyone since too many say they are celebrating.
Have a great trip though! If you want to do something special for your family then order something for the room. That way you know you will get something for them. I believe there are a couple of places that sell special packages and items for this purpose.

It really doesn't sound like it will be worth my time to go back through all of my reservations and add the first visit celebration. We will just wear our buttons proudly! Can we get those at check in to our resort or do we get them at City Hall (like at Disneyland)?

Thank you for all of your replies, it helped me to know what to expect or to not :rotfl:

FWIW, I don't think it hurts to mention it. The last trip (actually, all the trips) we took usually fall around my birthday/wedding anniversary...I was married on my birthday. I let our TA know through conversations that we were celebrating both occassions "unofficially" over our vacation. I did ask her to note our anniversary dinner as being a "celebration", but we didn't actually eat that dinner on my birthday...we were in MK instead at LTT...we were going to have our anniv. dinner at CG later in the week. When they showed us to our table at LTT, there was mickey glitter and a birthday card signed by all of the characters for my birthday...I didn't ask our TA to note it on our reservation, she just took it upon herself to do so. It was a VERY nice suprise, and I was touched that she remembered the dual occassion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter