PS for solo meals?

ASFCurly

Dreaming of when I finally get to go back to WDW!
I was just curious, I will be going solo next May and was wondering if you still need a PS if by yourself?

That really depends on where you are planning to eat. If it is a very popular restaurant I would think you should have a priority seating. In fact, I usually call for a priority seating when I am travelling solo, just "in case".

Don't discount PS just because you're solo. I wanted to eat at Cinderella's for lunch. Called for solo PS's 59 days in advance and there were only a few choices left. Tried 60 days for eating there the next day and got much better choices.

I was there solo this past May. I booked no dinner PS, and as it turned out all but one night I grabbed dinner at the food court on my way back to my room after 9:00PM. I was just too busy to stop to eat.
I did book PS for almost every lunch, and was very glad I did. It was hot and I found that I had no desire to eat if it wasn't sitting down and air conditioned. Obviously I knew that I didn't "have" to show up for my PS, but I treated them like an appointment and had a relaxing break in the middle of my day without leaving the parks.
Honestly, most of the restaurants seemed to have only minor waits, but in my case I'm not sure I would have sat down for a meal if I didn't already have it planned

Deb

After many solo trips I have learned that PS is not for me. Even during Christmas week last year I was able to walk up and get a table with the longest wait being 20 minutes.
I use the "I have no idea whats next" method of trip planning so being tied to a certain place and time is out.
However there is one thing to remember eat at off times. Giong to CG at 7 on a Friday is not a good idea. I usually eat a big breakfast then off to EE. Lunch for me is around 2:30 and if I do diner it is about 9-10 pm.
If you are the type that tends to worry or eat at normal times the then PS is the way to go.
RussH

RussH, you described one reason why I love my solo trips: "I have no idea what's next." When I go with my family, they call me the tour guide, and they come to expect how I'll have everything planned for them. Although I enjoy all the planning, I also love the freedom when I go solo. One trip, on the first day, I went to the bus stop and just got on the first bus that came along, no matter where it was going. What a great "free" feeling! DH had bet me I couldn't be so "un-planned" at WDW, so I had to call him on my cell phone when I got on the bus!

One trip, on the first day, I went to the bus stop and just got on the first bus that came along, no matter where it was going.

sweeeeeeet

I agree with Doc, Simba that would just be soooo cool to do something like that and have that complete free feeling - I'm gonna try that :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter