Public grills

Karlk

Mouseketeer
I always see the grill areas at the Polynesian is that something you can reserve for a afternoon or evening, was thinking of doing that next trip if it's a option since we order food delivery when we arrive

No you can't reserve either a grill or the shade pavilion. The gas grill area is for the exclusive use of Polynesian Village Resort guests. Grill utensils are available for DVC members at the front desk. The open air pavilion is centrally located on the lawn bordered by Moorea, Pago Pago, and Tokelau DVC buildings.

The barbecue pavilion has two Viking gas grills and four picnic tables. Two of the tables are sheltered by the roof of the pavilion, offering shade. There are also (2) picnic tables out in the open space near the Gas Grills.

Dave

I have never seen them in use, but I have used them once! They were very clean and well maintained.

I'm DVC, but was extremely disappointed when I went to the front desk and asked for the cooking utensils and got the run around. At first I was told they have never had utensils and isn't something they provide, through to (on speaking to a manager) "we used to have them but guests didn't return them, so we don't have any now". It largely fell on deaf ears until I explained that we pay a maintenance fee for things to be maintained and replaced, and surely they can just ask for the room number of the member taking them out and make a note of it, to charge the specific member who does not return them. The thing is, I had a grocery delivery to the resort of fresh meat to BBQ, so I just said to the front desk that I'm either going to need utensils, or reimbursement for the stuff I now cannot cook. At this point, they reluctantly asked what I needed and said they would have it sent to the room. About an hour later, a 'runner' arrived at the room and said he brought up utensils from the Ohana kitchen.

So, don't count on the utensils being there, even if the grills are available! Check well in advance with the front desk so, if needed, they can track some down for you...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter