Pumpkin Recipes?!?!?

Disney Ron

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
I was wondering if anyone had some good pumpkin recipes to share?

Mrs. Disney Ron

These are DH's favorites!! :teeth: Oh - and I just fudge the amounts of pumpkin required for the 2 recipes so use just what's in the 16 oz can.

Pumpkin Pancakes – Libby’s

2 c all-purpose flour
2 Tbl packed brown sugar
1 Tbl baking powder
1¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp salt
12 fl. oz. CARNATION Evaporated Milk
½ c LIBBY'S 100% Pure Pumpkin
¼ c water
1 large egg
2 Tbl vegetable oil
Pumpkin Maple Sauce (recipe follows)
Chopped nuts (optional)

COMBINE flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt in large bowl. Combine milk, pumpkin, water, egg and 2 tablespoons oil in small bowl; mix well. Add to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened; batter may be lumpy.

HEAT griddle or skillet over medium heat; brush lightly with oil. Pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle; cook until bubbles begin to burst. Turn and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with Pumpkin Maple Sauce and nuts.

Pumpkin Maple Sauce
1¼ c Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 c maple syrup
¼ tsp ground cinnamon

Heat Pumpkin, syrup & cinnamon in small saucepan until warm.
= = = = = = = = = = =
This is DD's favorite! :thumbsup2 It was her idea to add apples to this & we all like it better that way! She's missing it right now because she's on a gluten-free diet for a few weeks & this is the first thing she's asked for once she's off it. ;)

And I apologize to whomever originally posted this recipe here. I failed to write down who should be getting credit for it, but thank you!! :teeth:

Pumpkin Job
16 oz pumpkin
2½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp vanilla
1 can evaporated milk
¾ c sugar
½ c Jiffy mix
2 Tbl margarine
2 eggs
Spray crockery with non-stick spray. Beat ingredients together until smooth with a hand mixer. Pour into crockery. Cook on Low 6-8 hours, High 3-4 hours. Top with cool whip or ice cream. Optional: add 2 apples sliced. Serves 6

We don't get tinned pumpkin over here. Any recipes using the "hollowings" from a pumpkin lantern? Or how many lanterns to one tin?:rotfl2:

I'm sure I have that info somewhere, but have to run DH to work & then DD to school so it will be later in the day before I get to dig it out. One thing though - generally we use a squash-type pumpkin for eating...what we use for a lantern doesn't taste all that good. I take it from your question, that's not a problem over there?

FWIW - I used to cook down "pumpkins" & force the flesh through a sieve then freeze it for later use, so I know I have the info. ;)

I can't believe it! I don't have the info written down for how much pumpkin you get per pound/cup of flesh. Maybe because it's pretty close to 1:1? I checked Carla Emery's Old Fashioned Recipe Book (which is pretty much a guide to homesteading - everything you need to know about raising your own food from seed [or egg or calf] to table use ;)) and it says that you don't even have to bake or boil the pumpkin...just cut into cubes & stick 2 cups of cubes into a blender with 1/2 cup water & use it like canned pumpkin.

But I'm sure it's not "how many lanterns to one tin"....it's more like how many tins to one lantern!! :lmao: :lmao:

- - - - - -

Here are 2 other recipes I have in an old PA Dutch Cookbook, although I've never made them myself. The first one sounds really good, since I've had pumpkin butter (like apple butter, not honey butter...that is a thick, sweet spread) and it was very good!

Pumpkin Marmalade

3 qts pumpkin, diced
8 c sugar
1 lemon
1 orange

Pare the pumpkin, remove seeds & grind together through a food chopper. Add sugar, mix together & let stand overnight. Remove seeds from orange & lemon then grind the pulp & rind in the food chopper. Add to pumpkin and cook until fruit becomes clear. Pour into jars and seal.

- - - -
This recipe is for a custard. My grandmother used to make more of a pumpkin custard pie that was lighter (aka not as dense) than your standard pumpkin pie, although it was not this recipe.

Pumpkin Custard

2 c sieved pumpkin
1 c soft bread crumbs
2 eggs, separated
1½ c milk
1 c sugar
½ c shredded coconut
3 Tbl melted butter
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp orange flavoring

Combine ingredients in order listed, reserving the egg whites. Mix together well. Pour into a baking dish. Back at 325 until mixture thickens and is slightly browned. Beat egg whites until stiff and add 2 Tbl sugar. Spread whites on top of custard and brown slightly. This is delicious served hot or cold. Makes 6 to 8 servings.

- - - -
And lastly, I wanted to share this Website I found today. I've never seen so many recipes for pumpkin before!! LOL
http://www.backyardgardener.com/seedrec.html

I don't think I've ever made anything out of lantern pumpkin, so i have no idea what it tastes like:rotfl2: I love butternut squash though:goodvibes

Butternut squash is good! :teeth: I generally use PA Dutch Crookneck Squash for cooking.
1a204.jpg

We leave them on the porch as part of our decorations and then cook them later. I think it's very similar to the butternut, except it tends to be much larger/have more usable flesh...and it doesn't get pithy as it gets larger like some.
Robert_Pumpkin.jpg

This is the type we carve here:
1a217.jpg

I like these to be part of our fall display on the porch as well! They're called Gooseneck Squash around here - for obvious reasons. ;)
markettour6.jpg

Here's mine. I am not crazy about pumpkin pie but I love this.

Pumpkin Dessert

1 16oz can pumpkin
1 can condensed milk
1 heaping (3/4 C.) sugar
3 eggs slightly beaten
2 Tsp. pumpkin spice
1 Tsp. cinnamon

1 yellow cake mix
1 and 1/2 sticks of melted marg.
1 Cup chopped nuts

Grease a 9x13 pan

Mix 1st 6 ingred. and place in pan; Sprinkle dry cake mix over top.

Sprinkle nuts over cake mix and then melted marg. over all

Bake for 350 for 50-55 min. Serve with cool whip

Hope you enjoy this. Tina

Libby's® Pumpkin Cheesecake
Submitted by: Libby's® Pumpkin
Rated: 5 out of 5 by 97 members Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour Ready In: 5 Hours 20 Minutes
Yields: 16 servings

"Wow a holiday crowd with this amazing pumpkin cheesecake!"
INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 cups graham cracker
crumbs
1/3 cup butter
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3 (8 ounce) packages cream
cheese
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed light brown
sugar
2 large eggs
1 (15 ounce) can
LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
2/3 cup NESTLE®
CARNATION®
Evaporated Milk
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/4 teaspoons ground
cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 (16 ounce) container sour
cream
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS:
1. PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
2. COMBINE graham cracker crumbs, butter and granulated sugar in medium bowl. Press onto bottom and 1 inch up side of ungreased 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes (do not allow to brown). Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
3. BEAT cream cheese, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until fluffy. Beat in eggs, pumpkin and evaporated milk. Add cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg; beat well. Pour into crust.
4. BAKE for 55 to 60 minutes or until edge is set but center still moves slightly.
5. COMBINE sour cream, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in small bowl; mix well. Spread over surface of warm cheesecake. Bake for 5 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Remove side of springform pan.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2007 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 10/2/2007

I've been making this for a few years now. It is sooooooooo good. It's the best of both worlds. All of my family (including my 3 year old nephew) and co-workers LOVE it!

I don't have the recipe, but you can find it on the Food Network's site for Paula Deen's Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Cake. Soooooooooooo good. Everytime I make it for work everyone wants the recipe. Very fattening though!

These all sound so good...keep them coming folks!!

popcorn:: Mrs. Disney Ron

This is really good, I made it for Thanksgiving last year.

Paula's Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle
This recipe is from Paula Deen's Home Cooking show and is a delicious and easy change of pace for holiday dessert! This serves a large crowd, so is good for potlucks, too.

20 servings 40 min 10 min prep

2 (14 ounce) packages gingerbread mix
1 (5 1/8 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix
1 (30 ounce) can pumpkin pie filling
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 pinches ground cardamom
1/4 cup sherry wine or Southern Comfort (very tasty!) (optional)
1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping
1/2 cup crushed gingersnap cookies
2-3 tablespoons chopped pecans, for garnish (optional)

Preheat your oven then mix and bake the gingerbread according to the package directions; turn out onto a rack and let cool completely.

While gingerbread is baking, cook the vanilla pudding according to the package directions; set aside and let cool.

When pudding has cooled, stir in the pie filling, brown sugar, cinnamon, and cardamom.

Crumble the cooled gingerbread into pieces (about 1/4 inch, but not too finely).

(If you have a trifle bowl, wonderful- otherwise you can use another large decorative bowl or a punchbowl to assemble the trifle in).

Put half of the crumbled gingerbread in the bottom of the bowl, sprinkle with half of the sherry or Southern Comfort (if using), then pour half of the pudding mixture over it, and then half of the whipped topping.

Repeat the layers with the remaining prepared ingredients as above, then sprinkle the crushed gingersnaps over the top (2 or 3 tablespoons chopped pecans would make a good addition to the topping, as well).
Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight in the refrigerator.
Notes: you can use spice cake instead of gingerbread for a gentler flavor.

These are really easy to make and taste great. I've gotten raves whenever I've made them!

Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars

1 (16 oz.) package pound cake mix
3 eggs
2 T margarine or butter, melted
4 t pumpkin pie spice
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 (14 oz.) can EAGLE Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 (16 oz.) can pumpkin (about 2 cups)
1/2 t salt
1 cup chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In large mixer bowl, on low speed, combine cake mix, 1 egg, margarine and 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice until crumbly. Press onto bottom of 15x10-inch jellyroll pan.

In large mixer bowl, beat cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk then remaining 2 eggs, pumpkin, remaining 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice and salt; mix well. Pour over crust; sprinkle with nuts.

Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Cool. Chill; cut into bars. Store covered in refrigerator.

Makes 48 bars.

Pumpkin Chiffon (or we call it Pumpkin Poo)

1 3/4 c. graham cracker crumbs
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. melted margarine
8 oz. softened cream cheese
2 eggs, beatne
3/4 c. sugar
2 (3 3/4 oz) pkgs. instant vanilla pudding
3/4 c. milk
2 c. mashed cooked pumpkin or canned
Dash of cinnamon
1 8 oz. Cool Whip (whipped topping)
1/2 c. chopped pecans
Dash of allspice (optional)

Combine first three ingredients and press into 13x9 pan. Beat next three till fluffy. Spread on crust and bake 350 for 20 minutes. Cool.

Combine pudding and milk, beat for 2 mins. Add pumpkin and spices, mix well. Stin in 1 cup of Cool Whip. spread over cream cheese layer, then spread remaining Cool Whip. Sprinkle top with pecans. Chill and serve.

I went to a cooking class where we roasted pumpkins to make ravioli. The instructor said never cook with a pumpkin that has grown bigger than your head, and don't use those little mini ones either. Sugar Pie pumpkins are best for cooking and baking. They have the darkest and most flavorful flesh.

These are really easy to make and taste great. I've gotten raves whenever I've made them!

Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars

1 (16 oz.) package pound cake mix
3 eggs
2 T margarine or butter, melted
4 t pumpkin pie spice
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 (14 oz.) can EAGLE Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 (16 oz.) can pumpkin (about 2 cups)
1/2 t salt
1 cup chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In large mixer bowl, on low speed, combine cake mix, 1 egg, margarine and 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice until crumbly. Press onto bottom of 15x10-inch jellyroll pan.

In large mixer bowl, beat cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk then remaining 2 eggs, pumpkin, remaining 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice and salt; mix well. Pour over crust; sprinkle with nuts.

Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Cool. Chill; cut into bars. Store covered in refrigerator.

Makes 48 bars.

I made these yesterday, they came out delicious! Thank you.

Mrs. Disney Ron

PUMPKIN FLUFF DIP

INGREDIENTS

* 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
* 1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
* 1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
* 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

DIRECTIONS

1. In a large bowl, mix together instant vanilla pudding mix, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Fold in the thawed frozen whipped topping. Chill in the refrigerator until serving.

SERVE WITH CINNAMON GRAHAM CRACKERS & OR FRUIT....WITH THE GRAHAM CRACKERS IT TOTALLY TASTES LIKE PUMPKIN PIE...THIS IS A VERY YUMMY RECIPE...EVERYONE LOVED IT AND WANTED THE RECIPE....

This recipe was modified from one found on allrecipes.com. I started making it a couple of years ago because a little girl in DS's playgroup was allergic to eggs, but everyone else loves them too, and they freeze really well. It makes about 5 dozen with my medium cookie scoop. -

2 cups sugar (I have used 1 1/2 cup white + 1/2 cup brown, or 1 cup each)
1 cup shortening
1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or 1 vanilla, 1 your favorite)
4 cups (total) all-purpose flour and oatmeal (vary the proportions depending on how smooth/textured you like your cookies - I do more oats than flour)
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 bag (about 1 cup) mini chocolate chips
optional - 3/4 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat the oven to 375 F (190 C).
Cream together the sugar, shortening, pumpkin, and vanilla.
Mix the flour, oats, baking soda, and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture.
Add the chips and nuts, and scoop onto an ungreased baking sheet.
Bake 12-15 minutes, or until set, and cool on a rack.

Note - These do not flatten or spread out much when they bake.

:offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic:
how do you get the thing that when you post it is always their?????

im confusanated { con-fused-a-nay-ted} more than confused less then ???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter