Purchases Sent To Your Resort???

MikeWazowski

DIS Veteran
I've never done this in the past, but have heard about it. How does this work. Do my purchases come directly to my room. This would be very helpful because we really don't like carrying or trying to find some one to hold our stuff that we bought. We will be staying at the AKL or WL for our next trip in Jan. 2004. Thanks

I have used this service in the past and found it very helpful - especially during the holiday season. If I recall correctly, our items were delivered to our rooms before we even made it back! I believe the CM said they pick up several times a day for WDW deliveries. Annmarie

Unfortunately disney changed the practice last year. Packages are delivered to the resort (usually the gift shop). It's in your resort check in info where you can pick up packages.
you will receive a message on your room phone telling you when they are ready for pickup. you show then your receipt and they give you your packages. We used it alot last year and it was easier then hauling bags around. ....
:p
You cant send packages back 24hrs before checkout though:mad:

Wow! I was unaware of the change. Thanks for posting MARRAR. It's good to know the new process. Annmarie

Originally posted by MARRAR
Unfortunately disney changed the practice last year. Packages are delivered to the resort (usually the gift shop). It's in your resort check in info where you can pick up packages.
you will receive a message on your room phone telling you when they are ready for pickup. you show then your receipt and they give you your packages. We used it alot last year and it was easier then hauling bags around. ....
:p
You cant send packages back 24hrs before checkout though:mad:

Thanks, That still sounds very convenient. Have you run into any problems. Like not getting what you bought or taking to long to get your purchases back.

Mike it is extremley convenient. My DW and I do it all the time. Very rarely do we come back from the parks with shopping bags. The previous post was correct. Now all packages are delivered to your resort gift shop for you to pick up later. This service makes it very hard not to shop.

Have a great trip.

Scott

We used this service in 2001. I loved it! We were staying at All Star Sports so we had to pass the gift shop in order to get to our room. When we'd get off the bus, I'd just run into to gift shop and grab our bags.

I was also able to use the service for our Splash Mountain picture we got during e-ride night.

Remember that you can always have the shops (at least at World of Disney and the Christmas store) ship the packages back home for you. We did this on our last trip after spending enough there to fill up a few good-sized boxes.

Tim

Something that has not been mentioned yet regarding the resort pick-up...

We have used this service everytime. Whether its DTD or any of the parks.

EVERY time, the packages were delivered the NEXT day. Now I don't know if there is a time cut-off for the day you make your purchase. I.E. if you purchase before 1PM then it will be there later that day.

But since 1997, it has been the next day for package pick-up.
So make sure you ask.

Have a great trip !!!!

You can also have them shipped to the guest services in front of the park and pick them up on the way out. They usually say to allow 3 hours.

I can add three things here....

1-with regards to shipping items directly home...you'll have to "do the math"....but if you live outside the state of Florida...you will not be charged the FL sales tax...so any big purchases....check the shipping cost vs. the taxes...it might be cheaper to ship!

2-When you choice to have your purchases sent to your resort I believe the 'cut off' for next day delievery ranges between 2-4pm...depending on where you're making your purchases...just ask them....when you fill out the form.

3-Also in room delieveries are still being done for guests staying in concerige.

I can't think of the last time we didn't use this service (excepting very small things like a pin......no problems whatsoever!

Have a great trip!

I agree --
Having packages shipped back to the hotel is a wonderful perk!! We do this on each of our trips and it makes life so much easier! But, as the other posters suggested - be sure to ask when to expect your items to be available. We have been very lucky in that they are usually available even earlier than the time stated, but I would be careful as you near the end of your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter